Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)

Go down 
+5
Mapperley, darling
cornysteve
Warny
LondonGreen
Chemical Ali
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) Empty
PostSubject: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 am

Swindon papers say we are interested in signing the midfielder on loan-

LINK

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 am

He doesn't exactly get the heart racing. It's desperate times I guess.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:20 am

The guy wasn't even given a squad number at Swindon lol!

Saying that, is he is Scottish and we have a fairly decent track record with them (excluding David Knackered Me Knee and the mighty Blair Sturrock of course Laughing )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 am

LondonGreen wrote:

Saying that, is he is Scottish and we have a fairly decent track record with them (excluding David Knackered Me Knee and the mighty Blair Sturrock of course Laughing )

Yeah Paterson, Crawford, Milne and McLean were all club legends too!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am

I'd love to see us sign someone who has managed to play a couple hundred league games. That barrel must have a hole in the bottom by now.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 am

Now reported in the Hherald-

HERALD LINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 am

I'd be interested what proportion of these players salaries are being paid by their own club and how much by Argyle. It does seem that Mr Brent is funding Sheridan's task of keeping us up.

In our present position no player of any known value would risk their career signing on here permanently. I suspect few players of note would want to come her on loan either. Why should they come to a club that may be playing Blue Square next season?
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am

Know absolutely nothing about him, bbut would suggest that anybody would have a fair chance of improving our midfield. Was he at Inverness when they were improving? The last two we got from Scotland that were bombed out from a fast rising Scottish club were Coughlan and Keith from Livingston. I could cope with that.

Anyway, it's about time the club got more cox. We've got far too many cnuts at the mo.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am

knecht wrote:
I'd be interested what proportion of these players salaries are being paid by their own club and how much by Argyle. It does seem that Mr Brent is funding Sheridan's task of keeping us up.

In our present position no player of any known value would risk their career signing on here permanently. I suspect few players of note would want to come her on loan either. Why should they come to a club that may be playing Blue Square next season?

Knecht, If Brent is funding it and it's a big if, then he isn't funding it he's lending it.

I would sooner he loaned the club an amount worthwhile so that we can give ourselves a half chance, all these cheap loans are just a future headache for a club. If we have to gamble debt then at least lesson the odds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:51 am

how long till he gets a mural i wonder?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:23 pm

knecht wrote:

in a way, being at a struggling club means more exposure as a player, as history dictates that relegated clubs tend to shed their squads as the vultures circle and pick off the 'better' players
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:52 pm

cornysteve wrote:
Know absolutely nothing about him, bbut would suggest that anybody would have a fair chance of improving our midfield. Was he at Inverness when they were improving? The last two we got from Scotland that were bombed out from a fast rising Scottish club were Coughlan and Keith from Livingston. I could cope with that.

Anyway, it's about time the club got more cox. We've got far too many cnuts at the mo.

Steve

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
LondonGreen wrote:

Yeah Paterson, Crawford, Milne and McLean were all club legends too!

not forgetting Marino Keith.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:57 am

He's signed-

Quote :
LEE Cox is the Pilgrims' latest arrival.

The 22-year-old Swindon Town midfielder has signed on emergency loan until the end of the season and will be available for Saturday's npower League 2 game with Aldershot Town.

Lee, who will wear the number 10 shirt, will be picked up by the team coach on their way to Hampshire on Friday afternoon.

Leicester-born Lee began his career with his hometown club, making his way up through the Foxes ranks, becoming part of the side that won the Premier Academy League in 2006–07.

A loan spell at Yeovil Town followed but in June 2009, he was released by Leicester.

He signed for Scottish side Inverness Caledonian Thistle that summer, playing a key role in their promotion to the SPL in 2010.

After two-and-a-half happy seasons with Caley, Lee signed for Swindon Town in January 2012.

Lee went on to play seven times for the Robins on their way to the League 2 title last term before, in August 2012, joining Oxford United on loan.

Lee played 16 times for the U's, including against the Pilgrims in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy tie at Home Park, before returning to the County ground in January.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Lets Sponsor him Charlie/chem get on the blower now roarrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Lee, who will wear the number 10 shirt, will be picked up by the team coach on their way to Hampshire on Friday afternoon.

I love these little details. It really does give us an insight into how football works away from the Premiership fantasy land. I imagine him standing next to his kit bag at the side of some A-Road waiting for our coach to come by.

He hasn't got much league experience (playing in Scottish League 1 doesn't really count) so I'm not convinced he'll be an improvement on what we've got, but we'll see.

Last edited by Flat_Track_Bully on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Lets Sponsor him Charlie/chem get on the blower now roarrrrrrrrrr

YES! ATD to pay for Cox!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 pm

i love cox
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:07 pm

I rang but no answer, so have emailed to request that ATD want Cox because he is HARD but FLEXIBLE....ROAR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I rang but no answer, so have emailed to request that ATD want Cox because he is HARD but FLEXIBLE....ROAR

keep trying as this place is entitled to have a replacement for Williams and we should get first refusal over pasoti on this one.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I love these little details. It really does give us an insight into how football works away from the Premiership fantasy land. I imagine him standing next to his kit bag at the side of some A-Road waiting for our coach to come by.

Yeah, but then the coach driver forgets, because its his deal in the strip-jack-naked card school, so he sails merrily by, hitting a huge puddle and immersing a bewildered Cox in a tidal wave of filthy water, extinguishing the Lambert and Butler he'd only just sparked up in one beautifully fluid motion...
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 pm

well we know brent has long pockets and short arms,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:30 pm

He is a good signing in my opinion. We needed a Central Midfielder and i feel he is the right fit for what we need. Wotton is back too so its one more area strengthen.

Sheridan is working miracles.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Sheridan is working miracles.[/quote]

I think he is trying to, he is certainly ringing the changes - but we are still 3rd from bottom.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 pm

May make midfield more solid, but it hasn't added goals. It truly is going to be an ugly run in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)   Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lee Cox (signs on loan until the end of the season)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next