Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....

Go down 
+4
pepsipete
Greenskin
Jethro
akagreengull
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Whilst I am sure that everyone at HP is fully aware that we are heading to the Blue Square, they are very good at giving the impression that they don't realise the danger, or that they don't care.

It is just a mural. They are a good idea, they make the stadium look better and the money from FES boosts the coffers, BUT when this is the only PR coming out of HP I cannot help but think this is yet another own goal by the club.

That's the point if we were progressing as a club and a team then yeah it would be icing on the cake to have murals, but now it's so out of context, maybe it is denial, but as far as I am concerned the club is owned and run by fecktards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:17 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Whilst I am sure that everyone at HP is fully aware that we are heading to the Blue Square, they are very good at giving the impression that they don't realise the danger, or that they don't care.

It is just a mural. They are a good idea, they make the stadium look better and the money from FES boosts the coffers, BUT when this is the only PR coming out of HP I cannot help but think this is yet another own goal by the club.

That's the point if we were progressing as a club and a team then yeah it would be icing on the cake to have murals, but now it's so out of context, maybe it is denial, but as far as I am concerned the club is owned and run by fecktards.

If Timar,Halmosi and Buzsaky actually did something of worth you might understand the logic of them getting one. I would like to know roughly how much each mural is costing because i have doubts its as much as is being made out too be.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

There is certainly a 'denial' aspect in all of this, along with more publicity for Nikkk, who is fast becoming the latest superfan, and of course Newell who just can't stay off the site.

Anything except talk the parlous state of the club. Interesting how they define a 'legend'. Currently, anybody who scores has a decent claim for legend status.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

There is certainly a 'denial' aspect in all of this, along with more publicity for Nikkk, who is fast becoming the latest superfan, and of course Newell who just can't stay off the site.

Anything except talk the parlous state of the club. Interesting how they define a 'legend'. Currently, anybody who scores has a decent claim for legend status.

Exactly in my eyes only those who actually did something for the club (think hall of fame worthy) should be getting them so they have some credability. So far we have

Tynan, Wotton, Friio, Larrieu, Evans, Mauge, Rafferty, Mariner, the greatest 11 (even though 12 were named) plus Paul Sturrock and last ones done Davey, Piper, Hore and Bickle.

Bar Mauge, all have deserved a place and you could have a good case backing their selection. IMO Mauge scored a goal at wembley in a dire game and did nought else really but bring controversey to the club.

Does the club really want to cheapen this "mural honor" by giving one away to any tom, dick or harry because ian newell says so? Is nikkkkkkk really paying the going rate sponsoring these to say hang on a minute he was here for a year tops why is he getting one?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Talking of Muriels surely the club should recognise the player who has played more times for Argyle than anybody else. I know his image might be tarnished by his stint as manager but as a footballer he always gave 100% and surely should be higher up the pecking order than Ronnie the gun.
Step forward Mr Kevin Hodges you were a true legend in green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Talking of Muriels surely the club should recognise the player who has played more times for Argyle than anybody else. I know his image might be tarnished by his stint as manager but as a footballer he always gave 100% and surely should be higher up the pecking order than Ronnie the gun.
Step forward Mr Kevin Hodges you were a true legend in green.

He already is, he actually looks like Blackadder in it
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Confibularities to you PD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 pm

my opinion of those wank murals are just that wank! its gives nomarks like nool a big ego boost but makes the club look what it is crap, give us something to talk about on the pitch brent, most fans don't give a flying one about the good old days they want some good days now for a frigging change! it says it all about the tame sheep on the farm that all they are bothered about are badly done murals of mainly average players while the club slides out the league geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm

If we get relegated Brent must go down as the worst Chairman of Argyle ever.

No other chairman has seen Argyle relegated out of the league and no other chairman sat back and let it happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Yea Man wrote:
If we get relegated Brent must go down as the worst Chairman of Argyle ever.

No other chairman has seen Argyle relegated out of the league and no other chairman sat back and let it happen.
Brent wont be remembered for the amount of money he made, he will be rembered for relegation out the football league for a club that still averages 7000 that takes some doing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....   As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

As we head towards the Blue Square and Liquidation....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2