downthetrack
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:59 pm

11 of your last 16 games are teams in the top 12.But on the bright side you do play the Shots ,Barnet and Wimbledon.
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:19 pm

There is no bright side to any thing this car crash of a football team can do.

But thanks for trying to cheer us up.
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:30 pm

This league is full of shite teams like us, we only need to finish above barnet wimbledon accys, not man u city chels ffs if we can't manage that we deserve non league cack!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm a tad worried from afar, as we seem to have employed someone a little more clued up than clueless but he seems to have come alone and might not be quite what is required.
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I'm a tad worried from afar, as we seem to have employed someone a little more clued up than clueless but he seems to have come alone and might not be quite what is required.

A tad early to be criticising JS. Fergie would have a problem keeping this lot up with the budget we've been given.

If we go down it won't be his fault. He didn't sign the sack of shit he's been left with although I would expect an improvement on Fletcher's points per game ratio.

I fear for the sanity of the club and I fear that the end of season won't be pretty. Janners maybe mocked as being apathetic but if relegation becomes inevitable tempers will rise and it will not be pretty.

Put it this way I'm a mild kind hearted janitor normally but if we were relegated at Rochdale and I bumped into Peter Jones on the way out he'd get both barrels shoved right up his jacksy. Lily-Livered turncoat multi usernamed cnut.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm not criticising Sheridan. Just saying he's got a big job on his hands with seemingly little support. I have no idea how good he is but imo it would take a decent coach ,with his own staff ,to get us out of the mess Brent has allowed us to get into.
It doesn't look , from afar, that we have that ideal.

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 6:57 am

affraid tring gets in to a football debate, a whole post without slagging off someone?and mateys right you do look a bit like ijn
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:36 am

tcm wrote:
affraid tring gets in to a football debate, a whole post without slagging off someone?and mateys right you do look a bit like ijn

Whatever you say................................. matey.

Meanwhile, back on the farm, the penny is beginning to drop.......................don't panic ollie ! lol!

demportdave
Post subject: Re: Are we looking forward to Non-League football then?Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Ollieargyle9 wrote:
There's still a lot of time for us to save ourselves, as I said last week John Sheridan is still leaving his mark on the team and the new players have barely settled in. It will take time but we should start to improve, if we don't then we should panic but as it stands JS and the team are still new to each other.

Give 'em a chance

demportdave wrote :
How much time have we got, how long do you want?

Ward took on Bristol Rovers and has turned them around immediately.

He's brought in 5 new players but they have still won 4 games out of 5.

I doubt we will win 4 more games all season.

We could have had him 2 months ago but Brent was too concerned about not upsetting the useless Fletcher.

We are going to pay a very heavy price for Brent's footballing ignorance and indecision.

His Mr Nice Guy image doesn't cut it anymore; he is taking us into the non-league wilderness, probably for a number of years at least.

It's harder to get out of the Conference that it is League 2, that's why so many teams do well when they first come up.

I hope the Council refuse Brent planning permission for all of his developments until Argyle are back in the Football League!

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:56 am

As far as I'm concerned it's all over. Argyle is a non-league club in waiting. We'll last about halfway through next season in the blue square before administration and liquidation.
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:21 pm

The cost of not strengthening this team when we had the chance is immeasurable, I got hounded off the farm for daring to say so, all the yes men should hang their heads in shame, I can handle their opinions, turns out the opinion they wouldn't allow was the right one.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Iggy wrote:
The cost of not strengthening this team when we had the chance is immeasurable, I got hounded off the farm for daring to say so, all the yes men should hang their heads in shame, I can handle their opinions, turns out the opinion they wouldn't allow was the right one.

Some of us have had these people sussed for years and the negative effect they've had on the club for supporting Stapes' lack of ambition , and now they sit in the directors' box and supported Fletcher................ probably at the cost of football league status.
They have a lot to answer for but hide behind superfan charity status and total loyalty for anyone in control at HP.

The club has moved from being merely parochial, to 'village'. The strongest pointer is the fact that they still revel in the Aviva commercials.

I think the club is fecked for a long time................... very sad but very predictable when the janner mantality prevails.

Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Homepark is run by wankers for wankers. its blue its square and you will never see me there, non league is the line in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 pm

anyone who 'likes' the avviva advert is an imbecile of the highest order.

made the club a laughing stock.

Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:05 am

Lord Aviva wrote:
anyone who 'likes' the avviva advert is an imbecile of the highest order.

made the club a laughing stock.

I like it Razz
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:06 am

we will stay up by the skin of our teeth again... ready for another relegation battle next season
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:52 am

And Brent has confirmed in the PASB Q&A that no deficit will be funded next season.

So the so-called competitive budget will be slashed.

If you think it's crap now it'll be seriously crap next season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 am

brent MUST be driven from the club NOW!
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 am

david_fisher wrote:
And Brent has confirmed in the PASB Q&A that no deficit will be funded next season.

So the so-called competitive budget will be slashed.

If you think it's crap now it'll be seriously crap next season.

Oh dear, we are on that oblivian helter skelter going down brother!
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 am

I think the penny is finally beginning to drop to even the most ardent green tints. Even if we do survive this season we are never going to be a competitive team with Brent in control.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:55 am

It is becoming increasingly obvious that Brent believed the Windsor Boys and their chums when they promised a compliant and solid fanbase, in return for silly hats n titles.
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

When has Brent ever "funded a shortfall", he has burdened the club with yet more debt after using unrealistic attendance figures and backing Fletch in signing and re signing mediocre players. The mind boggles at how he is allowed to get away with it by the meek sheep on the farm. If we do escape relegation this term anyone that declare it a victory or declares anyone a legend deserves a smack in the mouth. If we stay up I vote we all go and have a go at Brent on the last day of the season and tell him to sort it out or feck off, I would prefer the latter, if we get relegated he should just feck off, we could do better with the Trust (the real one not the bullshit one).
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
we will stay up by the skin of our teeth again... ready for another relegation battle next season

I thought the same, there was no possible way we would go out of the football league, we were better than that.

But the truth is we're not. We can't score goals, 0-0 draws will not keep us in the league.

And it really does serve the club right for years of mismanagement.

Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:25 pm

How about a mural of the competitive budget jocolor
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Just a small one then.
Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Just a small one then.

Just leave the area blank then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tough ol run in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough ol run in   Tough ol run in Empty

Back to top Go down

Tough ol run in
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next