akagreengull
Charlie Wood
Dougie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Finding it Tough to Get Players In Empty
PostSubject: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Location and league position hampering new player recruitment.

And therein lies the basic mistake in leaving Fletcher in place too long. Sheridan has the hardest of hard sells from a position of weakness. What decent player or even any player who would improve our squad want to join a club in the bottom two of the whole football league. For most players looking for a move I suspect there are better options closer to home.

Guess we'll have to wait and see but the club haven't made it easy for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

ALL the people that backed Fletcher for so long past his sell by date MUST share the responsibility if we go down. If we stay up ALL the credit should go to JS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Same old bullshit being used i see.

Players willl go play on the moon if they are going to get paid a good wage and going to a competitive club ie one that wants to achieve more than 22nd in league 2 season after season.

We know Brent is a cheap skate and has little too no ambition beyond relegation fights for this club is it any wonder no player wants to come here?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Does'nt look good does it but I am not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:11 pm

So not totally hard. As Murray signs from Ipswich. Hope the 21 year old with one substitute appearance for Ipswich this season can make a difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Come on boys and girls this is better than signing a striker that Aldershot didn't even want?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Iggy wrote:
Come on boys and girls this is better than signing a striker that Aldershot didn't even want?
I think that was more down to attitude than ability though- rather than trusting Dean Holdsworth and Carl Fletcher's refusal to play him, judging him with my own eyes all I could see was a high standard League 2 player.

Yes he didn't score a lot but as a support striker, winning balls and creating chances for our other attackers he looked a class above. Only trouble is, the other attackers were Feeney, Chadwick, MacDonald, PCH and Griffiths-none of whom are good goalscorers.

I guess there must be a reason why he's consistently been let go by so many managers, but the rumours of a poor attitude and turning up late repeatedly have a lot more to do with that than his ability I'd wager. Lets hope Ronan can do a similar role-and we need to sign a poacher too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Hopefully either Sheridan's wider contacts or his reputation as a manager who will enhance potential will bring players in more easily.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 pm

I see on pasoti that he's on sky sports news radio from 7pm. He seems to be promoting/ advertising the club on a national level which I see as a positive. Geddon' Shez!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:46 pm

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:05 pm

I hope we can get a bit of experience in as well. The Ipswich striker could well score 8-10 by the end of the season but we have had quite a few of these young talented loanees in from the Championship, and in truth none of them have done the business.

Not saying they won't become decent players but the loan spells look more like helping the parent club than us.

I wouldn't mind getting in a big burly striker with experience, who isn't getting regular games in the CCC or League 1. There must be a few out there who would find life in League 2 a piece of piss.

Our squad does still seem to be full of youngsters, even with Purse leaving and Chadwick out until November 2015.

Both keepers are relatively inexperienced, then we have Berry, Nelson and Richards in defence, Young, Hourihane, Lennox, PCH, Lecointe, Gurrieri, Sims, Vassell and Harvey as the majority of our midfield/strikers and we generally have been playing anything up to 7 or 8 of these guys most weeks.

I would like to see a bit more experience in midfield, Moseley back would be good, and another defender who has been around the block a few times, especially if Bhasera does get sold to a big club like Walsall for a deal worth feck all to us, other than the wages we save on.

I still don't get how us paying up Purse's contract has benefited us in anyway whatsoever. We lose an experienced player, the club captain, but still pay his wages in one lump sum scratch Unless of course we didn't pay up his contract at all and just released him from it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm

I see Chesterfield have released Luis Boa Morte after his short term contract expired. The CFC fans seem to feel that he was fairly decent but had lost some of his pace. Would doubt we would sign him as it would have to be a permanent deal and we only seem to do loans.

Another CFC player out of favour is defender Terell Forbes (who has been mentioned on here previously). CFC fans have said he was their best player until Paul Cook arrived. There are rumours of training bust ups, but the CFC fans would prefer him to play than not. I would guess at a possible loan move as Cook confirmed at a press conference today he wouldn't be playing despite fans' wanting him to.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I hope we can get a bit of experience in as well. The Ipswich striker could well score 8-10 by the end of the season but we have had quite a few of these young talented loanees in from the Championship, and in truth none of them have done the business.

Not saying they won't become decent players but the loan spells look more like helping the parent club than us.

I wouldn't mind getting in a big burly striker with experience, who isn't getting regular games in the CCC or League 1. There must be a few out there who would find life in League 2 a piece of piss.

Our squad does still seem to be full of youngsters, even with Purse leaving and Chadwick out until November 2015.

Both keepers are relatively inexperienced, then we have Berry, Nelson and Richards in defence, Young, Hourihane, Lennox, PCH, Lecointe, Gurrieri, Sims, Vassell and Harvey as the majority of our midfield/strikers and we generally have been playing anything up to 7 or 8 of these guys most weeks.

I would like to see a bit more experience in midfield, Moseley back would be good, and another defender who has been around the block a few times, especially if Bhasera does get sold to a big club like Walsall for a deal worth feck all to us, other than the wages we save on.

I still don't get how us paying up Purse's contract has benefited us in anyway whatsoever. We lose an experienced player, the club captain, but still pay his wages in one lump sum scratch Unless of course we didn't pay up his contract at all and just released him from it.
As I understand we paid a very small fraction of Purse's wages-aka, enough to free up a lot of room for new wages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:12 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

As I understand we paid a very small fraction of Purse's wages-aka, enough to free up a lot of room for new wages.

More great business from Argyle. Hey Micky, you know you're riding high just after coming out of administration and we're propping up the league after just coming out of administration, well I just had a thought, why don't we pay up Darren Purses contract, or a percentage of it at least, then you can have him for the rest of the season and in effect are only paying the wages you would pay for someone with far kess experience?

What's that? Transport? Nah don't worry we'll drop him at yours on Saturday when we play you.

No wonder we're fecked.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 pm

It looks bad when you word it like that, but Purse has been pretty shit this season and if we can sign 2/3 extra players who'd improve us (from what we're not not paying to Purse) then it's actually fairly good business.

The real dire business is giving him the wages he was allegedly on to start with of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Trotman is signing number two apparently tomorrow if rumours are to believe.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

JS apparently said on an Argyle World (?) interview that he was 95% certain Neil/ Neal would be training with us tomorrow and playing on Saturday. Trotman is on the transfer list at chesterfield so it is likely its the big CB.

According to the CFC fan on pasoti he was rock solid last season, but has been awful this- turning circle of the QE2, as fast as a cheetah in brick willies with a 50p head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

I always thought he was a solid player, but he has had an awful lot of clubs in the last 4 or 5 years. A bit like Madjo.

Not sure why this would be but at least they are usually half decent sides.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:44 pm

it'll be even harder in the conference!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Get Players In   Finding it Tough to Get Players In Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding it Tough to Get Players In
Page 1 of 1