Dougie
akagreengull
Chemical Ali
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 am

Looks like Sheridan is adept at spotting issues that the fans have noticed and that the previous management team and current board failed to understand. JS says that the lack of games will harm the younger players' development and finds it hard to believe that some have only played in 2 or 3 games this season. I wonder if JS would agree with the majority of fans in that Fletch was out of his depth?

Herald LINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 am

Of course he would it's obvious to all apart from JB.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 am

Shocked Just read the article, I can only imagine what kind of nonsense Sheridan is uncovering on a daily basis as a consequnce of the Fletcher era.
Just goes to show get a proper football man in, and they know what to look for and sort out. Still think we need a clean sweep in the management group, does Sheridan really need le keeper and Nanceville to tell him about the players?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 am

Surely that "exceptional individual" told Brent all about this previously.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 am

Shows the club came out of admin rudderless and has meandered dangerously for the past year. It also shows up firsts in football, Forza Verde, muriels, PASB, share offers, fans in the director box, Presidential missives, quivering lips for what they are - peripheral nonsense.

You only have to compare how good James Brent is at property deals and how good he is at football deals to see the gaping chasm in knowledge and judgement. And his REAL friends are no substitute for grissled astute football people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Anybody else really starting to take to John Sheridan? Only had 1 game but I think we've made a good appointment, the communication with the fans for a start is superb
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Hope so. Anything has to be better than the exceptional one.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Its not taken him long to sus out this shit! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Early days yet Cobi, but at least Sheridan is seasoned manager who been there & done it. He appears to be a man who calls a spade a spade, & that's got to be a good thing to counter the endless stream of bullshit we have been fed from all directions.

As said previously, one can only imagine the Fletcher/Brent inspired buffoonery & flim-flam that Sheridan must be coming across daily.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 pm

How long before the 'Sheridan turns up for training drunk' rumours begin? Can't see Brent wanting an experienced manager being critical around for too long.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Clueless was 'exceptional' to brent because he probably didn't bother brent with such piffling issues like youth team development or anything else really. It probably never even crossed clueless's mind that it's an issue. The experienced Sheridan will make brent aware that there's more to running a football club than fan fests, murals and dishing out silly privileges and titles to self appointed superfans. Sheridan ultimately wants a successful team on the pitch, but to get that brent will hear things from the manager he doesn't want to hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Shocked Just read the article, I can only imagine what kind of nonsense Sheridan is uncovering on a daily basis as a consequnce of the Fletcher era.
Just goes to show get a proper football man in, and they know what to look for and sort out. Still think we need a clean sweep in the management group, does Sheridan really need le keeper and Nanceville to tell him about the players?
Agree totally aka's, how that joke management team was allowed to sink this club to the bottom of the fouth division is fvcking disgraceful, why we are still employing the other two culprits is another disgrace! i back sheridan to sort the mess out he's inherited, but its a massive friggin job thats a fact!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 pm

It was obvious to most of us that something was seriously wrong in pre season, crap opposition, only just beating Tivvy and Truro if my memory serves me, but all the super fans told everybody not to worry it was only pre season so didn't matter.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Iggy wrote:
It was obvious to most of us that something was seriously wrong in pre season, crap opposition, only just beating Tivvy and Truro if my memory serves me, but all the super fans told everybody not to worry it was only pre season so didn't matter.

With you on that one, but then the fans were clued up and prepared for another season whereas "er yeah, no, whatever" well as we know did'nt have a clue. We all thought it was bad, we all watched games and could SEE it was bad but now with a REAL manager around we are starting to find out how bad it REALLY was and what we have been left with.
Happy days!
Onward and upward as someone used to say. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Iggy wrote:
zacly right iggy, the super cappies ollie sammy esmer greengeenes tcm Sleep ect all backed clueless allong with nool and his puppets, when it was fvcking obvious to anyone who's played or watched football that fletcher his coaches and the team affraid were dogshit.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Iggy wrote:
zacly right iggy, the super cappies ollie sammy esmer greengeenes tcm Sleep ect all backed clueless allong with nool and his puppets, when it was fvcking obvious to anyone who's played or watched football that fletcher his coaches and the team affraid were dogshit.

The same dimwits blamed Holloway instead of, 'I'll never hear a bad word said about that man [Stapes] and his lovely family!' Even then the self promoting ones from the farm were licking arse.. Aiong comes Brent, offers them the keys to the sweetshop if they rally the Avivas and look what a village shambles they are presiding over........................as predicted.
No class. No vision. No integrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Iggy wrote:

The same dimwits blamed Holloway instead of, 'I'll never hear a bad word said about that man [Stapes] and his lovely family!' Even then the self promoting ones from the farm were licking arse.. Aiong comes Brent, offers them the keys to the sweetshop if they rally the Avivas and look what a village shambles they are presiding over........................as predicted.
We got a toxic mix at the club now tring we really have, the banker the money lender and the fat controler, god help us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Iggy wrote:

We got a toxic mix at the club now tring we really have, the banker the money lender and the fat controler, god help us!

However, you seem to have a manager that tells it as he sees it and that may be your way out of your malaise. Sheridan is no fool and will demand work rate and total live or die for the Club mentality. He is right about playing the yoof, however playing the yoof demands the fans accept the odd defeat or two and maybe the odd hammering or two before things change.

In the season we got promoted to League 1 we were stuffered more than a few time, once 6-1 at home against Chesterfield, yet the manager didn't buckle and said he was right and football continued to be played. OInce the yoof and the experienced players believed in his methods the rest was easy.

Sheridan is not a successful manager in terms of promotions however he would have learnt from previous mistakes and brings with him self belief and ability.

Fletcher was proof if ever you needed it that Argyle were in the mire, the decision to get rid and bring in Sheridan is proof that you will get out of it IMO...I hope I am wrong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Yes Red Star but the proof will be in the results because if they go tits up then it won't be long before the grumbling starts again. Sheridan lets face it hasn't exactly got much of an act to follow has he. Up to now he seems to be stating the blindingly obvious or at least what was obvious to most observers. It needs pointing out even if it is the obvious and he is doing it publicly which again is in his favour.

He got off to a win which is never a bad start. I wanted Fletcher gone and frankly couldn't have cared less who was brought in as long as somebody was. I quite like Sheridan so far and he deserves the backing of the supporters who should give him a proper go at it. But we are in a precarious place and if the results don't keep going his way, and by that I mean we win more than we lose, then we all know there will be an outcry whatever he took over or how bad it was. The only thing supporters understand is success on the pitch although sadly there are only a handful who can have that each season.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:31 pm

I second all the above. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Yes Red Star but the proof will be in the results because if they go tits up then it won't be long before the grumbling starts again. Sheridan lets face it hasn't exactly got much of an act to follow has he. Up to now he seems to be stating the blindingly obvious or at least what was obvious to most observers. It needs pointing out even if it is the obvious and he is doing it publicly which again is in his favour.

He got off to a win which is never a bad start. I wanted Fletcher gone and frankly couldn't have cared less who was brought in as long as somebody was. I quite like Sheridan so far and he deserves the backing of the supporters who should give him a proper go at it. But we are in a precarious place and if the results don't keep going his way, and by that I mean we win more than we lose, then we all know there will be an outcry whatever he took over or how bad it was. The only thing supporters understand is success on the pitch although sadly there are only a handful who can have that each season.

I don't think many would blame Sheridan if we go down. He's been dealt a $hit hand. The blame would lie with he who thought fletch was exceptional and those close to the fine gentleman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I don't think many would blame Sheridan if we go down. He's been dealt a $hit hand. The blame would lie with he who thought fletch was exceptional and those close to the fine gentleman.

Spot on gents nuff said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm not talking about blame I'm talking about the popularity of Sheridan. In some ways he cannot lose this season. If we do go down then most will think it is down to Fletcher etc. If we only just stay up then it will be down to his success and despite Fletcher. It won't stop the grumbling if we don't win though even if he isn't being blamed outright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah I think in the present circumstances Sheridan has a get out of jail free card in respect of the position we are in and the inherited squad although he has gone some towards making it his own there is still an awful lot of baggage to be gotten rid of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 pm

This is exactly why we should have entered a reserve team into the reserves league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"   Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players" Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan "Ridiculous LACK of games for younger players"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next