cornysteve
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cornysteve

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm

As it says on the thread title.

I would class myself as an ATD moderate (not Mod). I have no particular axe to grind with James Brent. In fairness, I generally agree with his original mandates of sustainability etc. I would love to hear your opinions on the Atd/Pasoti t'internet war. Do you feel that it has any relevance to the club and its future?

The one thing that I have a slight bugbear about is the superfan culture (copyright ATD) that seems to have become prevelant since Mr. Brents takeover. I realise that you are quite friendly with the alledged superfans and as such would completely understand if you told me to mind my own business.

Anyway, I greet you as just an argyle fan. Hope that you can put up with the abuse that is doubtlessly coming your way.

Steve

PS If you are a Dane multi you can feck off!
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm

cornysteve wrote:
As it says on the thread title.

I would class myself as an ATD moderate (not Mod). I have no particular axe to grind with James Brent. In fairness, I generally agree with his original mandates of sustainability etc. I would love to hear your opinions on the Atd/Pasoti t'internet war. Do you feel that it has any relevance to the club and its future?

The one thing that I have a slight bugbear about is the superfan culture (copyright ATD) that seems to have become prevelant since Mr. Brents takeover. I realise that you are quite friendly with the alledged superfans and as such would completely understand if you told me to mind my own business.

Anyway, I greet you as just an argyle fan. Hope that you can put up with the abuse that is doubtlessly coming your way.

Steve

PS If you are a Dane multi you can feck off!
Hi,
Frankly really pissed at some of the stuff on here but just for an evening I thought I would come in and answer a few things and no doubt bugger off tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Feel free to have your say Nik. This site is open to all and some forthright views have been expressed. You have every right to be just as forthright in your rebuttal.
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 pm

[quote="Charlie Wood"]Feel free to have your say Nik. This site is open to all and some forthright views have been expressed. You have every right to be just as forthright in your rebuttal.[/quote

That's a fair comment, ATD can be big and give it out and should expect to receive it back just as big.
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi Nikkk - please stop paying off Brent's debts and buy the club a striker with your sponsorship.

Also do you condone Newell, Webb & Jones setting up multi accounts on Pasoti specifically to target the democratically elected fans Trust as well as players and supporters?
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

I hope nobody on here would attack you for coming on.

Angry has apologised to you a bit further up in this thread.

We're not all a bunch of wankers on here we're just pissed off with the way we see the club going right now.

We may voice it more robustly and directly but our thoughts are still the same.

The games and deceit that have been played out over the years has quite rightly wound up a lot of people and posters on here have been threatened and had personal investigators hired to find out where they live, all because they disagree with stuff happening at the club.

Things like the deepthroat saga where a multi account was set up on Pasoti to undermine and attack the trust, setup by the same people who are now lording it up at the top table and in the directors box each week.

Frustrations are boiling over that the club is staring relegation in the face and the only money being spent is on some murals when the real money should be being sought and spent by the club owner.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm

The thing is that people are people. The t'internet just lets them vent off anonymously. Realistically, the people on this site want the same as the posters on Pasoti, a successful Argyle. I can only speak for myself. I quite like the muriels. Haven't had chance to examine them as I sit in the Lyndhurst. I've called plenty of people cnuts in the past and I'm sure I will in the future. As I don't know you, I wouldn't call you anything. I would hope that you could rise above general abuse and stick with it here.

The thing with arseholes is that they are universal, they are everywhere and are of every colour, creed and religion. I'm an arsehole the majority of the time, I just try to subdue it as much as possible.

Steve
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Just a bit of advice for Nik - be careful of the company you keep.

Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 pm

cornysteve wrote:
The thing is that people are people. The t'internet just lets them vent off anonymously. Realistically, the people on this site want the same as the posters on Pasoti, a successful Argyle. I can only speak for myself. I quite like the muriels. Haven't had chance to examine them as I sit in the Lyndhurst. I've called plenty of people cnuts in the past and I'm sure I will in the future. As I don't know you, I wouldn't call you anything. I would hope that you could rise above general abuse and stick with it here.

The thing with arseholes is that they are universal, they are everywhere and are of every colour, creed and religion. I'm an arsehole the majority of the time, I just try to subdue it as much as possible.

Steve

Me and my friends care deeply about the success of the club !! Some you like some you don't but we all have the same passion
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
Hi Nikkk - please stop paying off Brent's debts and buy the club a striker with your sponsorship.

Also do you condone Newell, Webb & Jones setting up multi accounts on Pasoti specifically to target the democratically elected fans Trust as well as players and supporters?

Hi Mate,It's not as simple as that im afraid. All i can do is support generally I cant practically buy a player, but the club can if the underlying support from all of us holds up. I'll save comments on the fans trust for another day.
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 am

If you have concerns about the trust why not air them, if genuine we might actually agree and save the fanbase and club a lot of angst. If you are saying you know something we don't and to trust in you then do one back to pasoti, that won't wash here mate.
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:28 am

nikkk wrote:
Mike Searle wrote:

Hi Mate,It's not as simple as that im afraid. All i can do is support generally I cant practically buy a player, but the club can if the underlying support from all of us holds up. I'll save comments on the fans trust for another day.

Actually Nikkk we can't. Wage caps, remember?
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Please stop sponsoring the Murals, they look shite mate
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Each to their own but I quite like them and I think they brighten the place up a bit. But that's a matter of personal taste which will always differ.

People will say "we need new signings not murals". Well we need new signings yeah but just because the main thing we need isn't here, doesn't mean anything else that would be a nice addition is automatically unwelcome.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm not keen on them as I think the graphics are awful, but Ive got nothing against them as others like them. Just keep them away from the Lyndhurst Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:59 pm

nikkk wrote:
Me and my friends

Not that I am suggesting owt but would a senior exec of an apparently successful finance company, even though they are small enough to only submit restricted accounts and have a 'net worth' of way less than the value of my house, really use a phrase that should have been educated out of him at Janet and John book one time in school ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Me and my friends

Not that I am suggesting owt but would a senior exec of an apparently successful finance company, even though they are small enough to only submit restricted accounts and have a 'net worth' of way less than the value of my house, really use a phrase that should have been educated out of him at Janet and John book one time in school ?

I fought the same fing.
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Good to see nikkk post on here, seems like a genuine bloke as far as one can tell, just leave the fat troll at the door though nikkk please, we do have standards its not like the farm here cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Nikkkk, I've no problem with anything you have done for the club and your donations are greatly appreciated but could I ask just one question. Considering the majority of Argyle fans do not look at Pasoti or any other forum for that matter, what makes you think the fanbase in general want to see Pasoti emblazoned over the walls of the ground? It's a very small number of fans that have commented on your proposal. The vast majority of fans will see it when they turn up at the ground and wonder who gave permission for it.

I've no problem with Pasoti or anybody else's name all over advertising hoardings but murals of Argyle legends should be exactly that, pictures of ex-players who are justifiably regarded as legends not a publicity stunt for an internet forum. Where would it end? A mural on the side of the grandstand for the Senior Greens? Others around the ground for the Fans' Trust, London, Cornish ,Northern branches. How about one for ATD? That should go down well.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Exactly - the vast majority of the fans who turn up to watch the team play aren't in the slightest bit interested in muriels of superfans, supporters groups, the fans trust, who is on the board or even who owns the club.

They should be used for past players - or perhaps managers - only. Choosing Darren Purse was an absolute joke!
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Dingle wrote:
Exactly - the vast majority of the fans who turn up to watch the team play aren't in the slightest bit interested in muriels of superfans, supporters groups, the fans trust, who is on the board or even who owns the club.

They should be used for past players - or perhaps managers - only. Choosing Darren Purse was an absolute joke!

I understand the point but the Murals are all about players so far. The sponsorship is a different issue and a really small part of the mural. Darren P was a gesture to the younger fans and anyway has now been replaced.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm

nikkk wrote:

I understand the point but the Murals are all about players so far

So far..

But that is about to change is it not?
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

I understand the point but the Murals are all about players so far

So far..

But that is about to change is it not?

No although i would like to do something representing supporters in some form later if there is a general agreement.
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:24 pm

How about a Trust mural Nikk?
Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Me and my friends

A tad harsh ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Nikkk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Nikkk   Hello Nikkk Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Nikkk
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next