LondonGreen
Budoboy
Mock Cuncher
Mapperley, darling
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

something going on - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Those were the days, City two leagues below us. lol!

Looks like there could be 2 leagues difference come May Iggy Very Happy

Watched a mid table Conference game last night where Maccy, recent vanquishers of Championship leaders Cardiff, came a poor second to Dartford, I would suggest Mr. Ig of the Dump might be better served being affeared of descending into that place rather than involving himself in Newell like recants of the past. I 4-1 wouldn't fancy the Gargs chances of an instant return.

Nice to see all you ageing hoolies getting together for a remin about the gods, imagine the chaos on them minibuses with all your bath chairs and walking sticks.

We are past worrying, just glad to have a club to support. lol! Anyway I think we turned a corner when they sacked Fletch, whether it was soon enough remains to be seen? Even if we do get relegated a club the size of ours won't stay down there long. Razz Natural order will be resumed.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Iggy wrote:
We are past worrying, just glad to have a club to support. lol! Anyway I think we turned a corner when they sacked Fletch, whether it was soon enough remains to be seen? Even if we do get relegated a club the size of ours won't stay down there long. Razz Natural order will be resumed.

There seem to be half a dozen points there, I think I agree with one and I doubt you really believe all of them.

Football fans always worry, at least the ones with an IQ bigger than their shoe size, while the corner turnage based on nicking a win over dross like Morecambe would need some serious lab equipment to measure especially when by all accounts they had the majority of the play.

I watch a mix of 4th Div, Conference and Ryman South football, the best footballing side I have seen all season was Tonbridge Angels, far better in every respect than the likes of Gillingham, Port Vale or even the mighty ECFC, there are no "big teams" in non league, you go down there and you are in a whole world of hurt, forget all this "time to take a breath", "reorganise", "come back stronger" blocks.

What is the natural order ? As my learned fried Mr. Red Star delights in pointing out, Exeter is a city on the up while Muff is on its uppers, I remember many years when the Albion hardly paid lip service to the Chiefs, that was the natural order of things then, any chance of the SoP returning ? We both are currently seemingly held back by the boys in our respective board rooms, at least you seem destined to finish up with an array of nice new green plastic seats courtesy of your boy while dear ol' Sid James continues to age gracefully. Imho there are far too many imponderables to be categoric about what the "natural order" at least for the next few years any way.

Me, I like being in the same playground as you big roughty toughty boys and the little fellahs from up the cost, made a few jump in Dartford's palatial club house last night when the late equaliser was announced on Sky, we may only laugh at the Torquay but derbies matter that little bit more. I shall deffo be one of the first on here largin' it if you lot take the plunge even if we don't skulk up and believe me if we do then it won't be because we were the bright shining light, it will be due to the abject paucity of talent at the level.

Bottom line, whilst we should most likely never admit it, we need each other to prosper to a certain extent to create a larger pool of players locally and to change the way in which the West Country is seen by many a such a footballing backwater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
There seem to be half a dozen points there, I think I agree with one and I doubt you really believe all of them.

Football fans always worry, at least the ones with an IQ bigger than their shoe size, while the corner turnage based on nicking a win over dross like Morecambe would need some serious lab equipment to measure especially when by all accounts they had the majority of the play.

I watch a mix of 4th Div, Conference and Ryman South football, the best footballing side I have seen all season was Tonbridge Angels, far better in every respect than the likes of Gillingham, Port Vale or even the mighty ECFC, there are no "big teams" in non league, you go down there and you are in a whole world of hurt, forget all this "time to take a breath", "reorganise", "come back stronger" blocks.

What is the natural order ? As my learned fried Mr. Red Star delights in pointing out, Exeter is a city on the up while Muff is on its uppers, I remember many years when the Albion hardly paid lip service to the Chiefs, that was the natural order of things then, any chance of the SoP returning ? We both are currently seemingly held back by the boys in our respective board rooms, at least you seem destined to finish up with an array of nice new green plastic seats courtesy of your boy while dear ol' Sid James continues to age gracefully. Imho there are far too many imponderables to be categoric about what the "natural order" at least for the next few years any way.

Me, I like being in the same playground as you big roughty toughty boys and the little fellahs from up the cost, made a few jump in Dartford's palatial club house last night when the late equaliser was announced on Sky, we may only laugh at the Torquay but derbies matter that little bit more. I shall deffo be one of the first on here largin' it if you lot take the plunge even if we don't skulk up and believe me if we do then it won't be because we were the bright shining light, it will be due to the abject paucity of talent at the level.

Bottom line, whilst we should most likely never admit it, we need each other to prosper to a certain extent to create a larger pool of players locally and to change the way in which the West Country is seen by many a such a footballing backwater.

Maybe Argyle, Torquay & Exeter should combine and create Devon Athletic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 pm

knecht wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

I remember that being suggested many years ago, it may work now though. Just think of the land that James could get his hands on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

GOB wrote:
knecht wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

I remember that being suggested many years ago, it may work now though. Just think of the land that James could get his hands on!
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 am

[quote="knecht"]
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Maybe we could consider a merger with the Turks on that basis but I can't see you giving up your current status as Cornwall Athletic.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:51 am

Maybe we should merge with Truro and have Heaney as chairman- he can't be any worse than what we've got Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Maybe we should merge with Truro and have Heaney as chairman- he can't be any worse than what we've got Laughing

Oh really ?

Football clubs should never merge, not even minnows like ourselves and the Turks, that kind of thinking is just plain wrong, clubs should though be allowed, nay even forced to find their own level, financial fair play may well be a step in that direction.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 pm

LT I wasn't being serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 pm

He bites Like a big old pit bull. lol! Mind you Plymouth dogs are generally bigger than Exeter dogs, cue jokes about our women.....
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 9:58 pm

bump !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

something going on
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: