LondonGreen
Budoboy
Mock Cuncher
Mapperley, darling
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

something going on - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:47 pm

GOB wrote:
green438 wrote:
Word up people. I view as guest on my phone and only recently signed up.
Good site but could do with a few more topics other than slating pasoti and that wanker Newell.

How about peas in pasties or pie of the year............

I'll get me forza nerde coat.........

Newell will always be on topic while he has even a hint of influence, we don't like the bad guys on here.

But you're right 438, we could do with a little more than just Webby and newell's ever shrinking mob to talk about, hopefully a few new ones like you will contribute often enough to give ATD a little more diversity.

Welcome to the site fellas.

I sure hope so. Every time I post on WASOTI, I either get some specky dick tell me I've spelt something wrong or it gets ignored.
Back to top Go down
Budoboy

Budoboy

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Yes I know you and your brother.you must have been mad to go on so many trips knowing what it was going to be like on board the bus! It wasn't for shrinking violets certainly but things like the kebab incident certainly made the trips memorable. Only me,Mumpy and smithy still have season tickets,the rest sadly have fallen by the wayside.these days(especially the last five seasons) its more about the drinking than the football and we only go away by train. There's no way I'm watching Argyle sober.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
My favourite was Leicester away with Mumpy's kebab, or taking photos of Gus eating

Someone else who knows gus.must give him a call to catch up

Mumpy`s kebab did that not go out the window of the bus and land on some blokes car windscreen?

Ps have the battle bus still got that fecking huge flag.
Back to top Go down
Budoboy

Budoboy

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:54 pm

The flag has been stowed away for years now fritzle like in my cellar. Anyone who's prepared to lug it around is welcome to it and I did think of having it re-lettered and putting it on the mayflower but what with the hysteria over the fire hazard fletcher out banner in the Devonport I didn't think they would like one that says feck off fletcher.so in the dark it remains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Tbf its not relevant now, aren't you just a little worried that it may catch fire spontaneously?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:58 pm

Budoboy wrote:
The flag has been stowed away for years now fritzle like in my cellar. Anyone who's prepared to lug it around is welcome to it and I did think of having it re-lettered and putting it on the mayflower but what with the hysteria over the fire hazard fletcher out banner in the Devonport I didn't think they would like one that says feck off fletcher.so in the dark it remains.
What have you done with the gusset, budo?
Back to top Go down
Budoboy

Budoboy

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Still in contact with Gus but he's lost the faith. It's only vodka that maintains I keep mine.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:04 pm

These names bring back memories of ROTG on rivals. Great site that was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Budoboy wrote:
Still in contact with Gus but he's lost the faith. It's only vodka that maintains I keep mine.
Yes its been shite, but now that clueless has fvcked off to asda where he belongs ,a ray of light has pierced the darkness sunny
Back to top Go down
Budoboy

Budoboy

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 pm

True,Saturday was the first game that I went to feeling very slightly optimistic but its a big hill we have climb thanks to fletchers tenure. It's just the rest of the shight surrounding the club that needs to be addressed now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Certainly bringing back some good old memories there Budo, girt cigars order of the day in the away pubs, or is my mind wandering?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

A little RotG won't hurt, could get a bit mento though clown
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
21 registered and 53 guests.

is the shelling about to commence?

INCOMING!

something going on - Page 2 Jones_dontpanic_11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:40 pm

GOB wrote:
A little RotG won't hurt, could get a bit mento though clown

It was certainly a live;y forum in its heyday. the official forum had a few characters that would be a welcome addition here Smile
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
My favourite was Leicester away with Mumpy's kebab, or taking photos of Gus eating.

I used to go on the away trips with my tall brother.

you two the guys in shorts at every away game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:10 am

No that was the Brock twins (i think they had some campaign about taking shoes off and clapping them together?) and I don't think they would have enjoyed the Battlebus experience Laughing

The Battlebus equivalent of 'avivas' was 'spanners' (derived from tangerspanners- the ones who wore the tanger green away shirts).

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 am

Went to man city away in the FA Cup in a minibus and we parked in this dodgy looking street with a couple of boarded up houses. There were about 6 or 7 lads aged about 10 who said they would mind yer van for yuz mister so we gave them a fiver.

A car pulled up behind us and 5 guys in nothing but shorts or pants got out, obviously Argyle fans as well and they told the kids to piss off.

After the game our minibus was untouched but the car was trashed. Windows all smashed and the lights kicked in.

Never hung around long enough to see their reaction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 am

Greenjock wrote:
Went to man city away in the FA Cup in a minibus and we parked in this dodgy looking street with a couple of boarded up houses. There were about 6 or 7 lads aged about 10 who said they would mind yer van for yuz mister so we gave them a fiver.

A car pulled up behind us and 5 guys in nothing but shorts or pants got out, obviously Argyle fans as well and they told the kids to piss off.

After the game our minibus was untouched but the car was trashed. Windows all smashed and the lights kicked in.

Never hung around long enough to see their reaction.

Once went to Stoke away in the mid 80's for a game in a minibus. The old man organised it whilst in the pub on Friday night. Travelled safely in the hands of some loonies from Prince Rock aged 16. They had too many people for the mini bus so pulled over on the A38 went up the verge, kicked in some of the fencing and laid it barber style across the aisle creating in an instant 5 seats. The wood wasn't needed on the way back as enough had been help by the local Potter constabulary.

A loony, loony day.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:08 am

I went to that Stoke game it was mental there was some previous or afters down here when it all kicked off, there were some nasty bastards following Stoke in the eighties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Iggy wrote:
I went to that Stoke game it was mental there was some previous or afters down here when it all kicked off, there were some nasty bastards following Stoke in the eighties.

Not nasty they would be naughty, the "Naughty Forty"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Those were the days, City two leagues below us. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
No that was the Brock twins (i think they had some campaign about taking shoes off and clapping them together?) and I don't think they would have enjoyed the Battlebus experience Laughing

The Battlebus equivalent of 'avivas' was 'spanners' (derived from tangerspanners- the ones who wore the tanger green away shirts).

the brock twins would be at home with the FV pricks lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Iggy wrote:

Looks like there could be 2 leagues difference come May Iggy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:16 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Looks like there could be 2 leagues difference come May Iggy Very Happy

Watched a mid table Conference game last night where Maccy, recent vanquishers of Championship leaders Cardiff, came a poor second to Dartford, I would suggest Mr. Ig of the Dump might be better served being affeared of descending into that place rather than involving himself in Newell like recants of the past. I 4-1 wouldn't fancy the Gargs chances of an instant return.

Nice to see all you ageing hoolies getting together for a remin about the gods, imagine the chaos on them minibuses with all your bath chairs and walking sticks.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Could somebody raise on pasoti a couple of points about Greenthing's "stories"-

IJN allowed at least two friends the password for deep throat (non mods);

Derrick Sanderson hasn't been deleted from pasoti- he has been rebranded as Green Lanes. If you look at the bottom of page 10 on the Deep Throat thread a post by GreenLanes is made attacking Hairy j. On page 11 parts of that post are quoted by drolyag and Green Lanes and the quote is attributed to Derrick Sanderson. The Deep Throat incident happened in April but we still have a post from Green Lanes in July. Come on Greenthng get your stories right Laughing

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65888&p=1147699#p1147699
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something going on   something going on - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

something going on
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: