Lord Tisdale
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 pm

I know must of yous mugs don't actually give a stuff about footy but I thought I would sling this up the flag pole and see if anyone has a salute in them.

I can confidently perdick that we shall be bringing in noone, that's no one rather than Craig Noone who we turned into a player for you, I believe you have McDonald in the frame for a return as long as Harry Potter didn't buy Nool the car as well as paying for the petrol, anything else in the offing ?

Re the Prembo the Poo and Chelski shelling out £30 mill a piece for Sturridge and Ba looks to be a healthy start in the more money than sense world, I suspect the clubs down at the bottom will be chipping in shortly along with those sniffing the prize from the Championship, next season's TV money is a minimum of over £60 million, that's for finishing last.

I have often said that money has ruined the game, perhaps I am a bit of an old curmudgeon, but really, Ba, a streaky striker with a dodgy knee who's presence will give Torres the hump, £7mill plus £5mill for the agent plus 100 grand min a week ? Or Sturridge, moody little fecker with plenty of potential but no real body of work, £12mill plus four years at £4mill a year ?

Having said that they both look value against Torres or Carroll.
Back to top Go down

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Fuckin plastic, who gives one about the prem? The only rumour I have heard is that we are making a double swoop for Cureton and Tidsdale.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 pm

The January Rape Window (TM Ive).

We'll lose Harvey for peanuts.

Maybe Bhasera, not that I've ever actually seen him play well but some donks on PASOTI reckon he was ok in the CCC so despite his current shitness two levels below he'll be wanted by clubs higher up than us.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Young is being chased by prem clubs/whored around by Argyle. I will go feckin spare if we sell any decent players, shortsightedness caused the league position we are in, let's not make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

I think Purse has already gone- they've done a "halmosi" saying he's injured for a game but is up in port vale/ another northern shithole.

The timing of Fletch's departure is odd as the new manager will have no time to assess our superstars. How will he find out if any are up to the standard of below average???

I think Harvey will go, Young/ Bhasera maybe. There might be a bid for Berry and possibly Hourihane. We're lumbered with the rest unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think Purse has already gone- they've done a "halmosi" saying he's injured for a game but is up in port vale/ another northern shithole.

The timing of Fletch's departure is odd as the new manager will have no time to assess our superstars. How will he find out if any are up to the standard of below average???

I think Harvey will go, Young/ Bhasera maybe. There might be a bid for Berry and possibly Hourihane. We're lumbered with the rest unfortunately.

Our position is so bad that the clubs possibly interested in our players may even be League 2 clubs themselves. I read the Young being watched by Arsenal piece but can anyone honestly say that they've seen anything that good in him? I know he's still young, always will be I suppose Razz but I don't see that much potential.

Hourihane definitely has something about him and in a decent team he could prosper, but the big one is Tyler Harvey. If, and it's a big if, he was consistently as good as his full debut, he would be a huge asset to us, in financial terms. There is no way on earth that we would turn down any kind of decent bid for him, especially as half of the transfer money would go towards paying off debts that Brent would then not have to fork out.

Whatever happens the fee will be undisclosed but the big worry is do we have anyone capable of getting us a good add on package? I don't know if Sex Bomb dealt with those matters at Brizzle.

Purse should get a gig somewhere, which will be a big chunk off the wage bill that I don't think will be used for new players, same with Bhasera, who I think is inconsistent as feck. Those two wages off the monthly bill would make quite a dent in it.

What I think might happen now is Macca will be forgotten about and the club can say he was always Fletcher's choice so they won't be buying him. Although he has often been our best player I still don't think he's the one to get us the goals we need. Needless to say we haven't got that person in the squad.

I would like the club to take a huge punt on someone with lots of goalscoring pedigree who might be knocking on a bit, and offer them a contract til the end of the season with a small wage but a huge goals bonus. Poachers are poachers and there must be someone out there who will definitely get goals in this shit league, especially if it means he gets a wad of cash.

I also fear that the club will deliberately take their time over the appointment so that any new manager won't be able to bring any players in, except maybe for a couple of loans, but after we've shipped out some of the aforementioned players.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Iggy wrote:
Fuckin plastic, who gives one about the prem?

Fair comment.

Nice to see the standard Janner delusional state is still going fine, you think Harry has the nous to come calling for a proven striker and a manager with a bit of experience ? Not to mention others harbouring the idea that clubs are queueing up to sign the players that have got you to within one decent set of results of the very bottom of the Football League.

Harvey ?

One game and one goal in the 4th Division.

I can see a little interest in Cureton and Gow but the goals for Curo dried up when he left before and he is 37, ps. Him and Tisdale won't be going anywhere together, not after recent events. Don't ask.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Craig Noone? To Exeter?

Do me a favour.
Back to top Go down

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:32 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Craig Noone? To Exeter?

Do me a favour.

I think you've been whooshed Razz you need to read the post again slowly.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 pm

How embarrassing...

Reading things too quickly.. Or I'm going blind.. Sounds right for a 19 year old. I've heard rumours
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Greenjock wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Craig Noone? To Exeter?

Do me a favour.

I normally type really slowly when I post on here just to try an avoid such faux pas.

As it happens (guys & gals) I quite like a few of your ex's, big fan of Mackie and to a lesser extent Noone and Mason, always thought Gosling would do more than he has, Newell's love affair with the previous regimes and particularly the Riddler pours pretty cold water on his current bum fest with Harry P, an awful lot of money went begging there for the sake of having someone involved that could frame a contract.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Craig Noone? To Exeter?

Do me a favour.

I normally type really slowly when I post on here just to try an avoid such faux pas.

As it happens (guys & gals) I quite like a few of your ex's, big fan of Mackie and to a lesser extent Noone and Mason, always thought Gosling would do more than he has, Newell's love affair with the previous regimes and particularly the Riddler pours pretty cold water on his current bum fest with Harry P, an awful lot of money went begging there for the sake of having someone involved that could frame a contract.

Feck me, never has a truer word been spoken/posted.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Joe Cole back to the Hammers, only cost the Poo £3million to get rid of him, as it happens I saw him make his debut agin Swansea in the cup, 1 all with a last minute Dix penalty taking it to a replay, of course the Swans came down with a bump the following week at Sid James but then again, class is for ever.
Back to top Go down

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Joe Cole was for me one of the most talented footballers around a few years ago but I don't know whether it was an attitude thing or because of injuries that he was so inconsistent.

Players like him must make managers tear their hair out.

Any in's or out's expected at City?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Joe Cole was for me one of the most talented footballers around a few years ago but I don't know whether it was an attitude thing or because of injuries that he was so inconsistent.

Always felt that Cole had "it" coached out of him, by all accounts he is a model pro and a very nice fellah, few injuries can't have helped.

City have got no cash to buy or pay wages and only Cureton or Gow will have taken anybody's eye. Curo is old and Gow will be trying hard in the hope that Rangers come calling so not much movement expected there, either of them would be a big loss as we may well find out with Cureton's three game ban. As an aside he had a big bust up with Tisdale recently which may have been a factor in the NYD sending off for a piece of seriously uncharacteristic petulance.

Tisdale has gone on record stating his dislike of Jan signings, despite the fact that it was George Friend's return three years ago that saved our ass, so with that and the cash situation, not to mention our position of reasonable safety, I doubt there will be anything to generate much interest.

Perhaps one of the more interesting vacancies at the mo is the managers job at Blackburn, apparently they are only prepared to offer a short term engagement with a specific set of objectives to be achieved before any extension would be considered, smacks of actual real business perspectives being introduced by the chicken lickers, I wonder if Harry Potter might like Shebby Singh's number ?
Back to top Go down

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Sounds like your squad and ours put together would be worth approximately sweet FA and actually worth more to the respective clubs if some players left for free.

How sad is that?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Looked class as a teen along with Di Canio at Home Park in that pre-season friendly back in the late 90s (99ish?).
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sounds like your squad and ours put together would be worth approximately sweet FA and actually worth more to the respective clubs if some players left for free.

How sad is that?

Nah, I think you are in front on perceived value.

We used to do well by blooding kids early and selling the potential, £300k to £500k with add ons for three kids while we were in the Conference or just out, you have a couple of young'uns with just a smidgeon of experience who might go for decent money, we have Sercs who has won most promising newcomer for the last six years and isn't half the player now he was in year one. The big boys buy potential, £350k plus for George Friend and Mick Mack never even bothered to look at him, three years at least too early for the boy as is shown by the way he is now a shoe in at 'Boro.

Joe Mason is the perfect case in point, I know you got stiffed, doubly so as despite a fire sale being a fire sale the Riddler still could have done far better. Every time I see him he simply exudes class in the finishing dept, somebody will surely pick him up even if Cardiff don't get up again and for real money.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Chris Zebroski anyone ?

Just mutualed with Cheltenham.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:54 am

Not with Wotton still at the club.
Back to top Go down

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:22 am

Simples, get rid of Wotton.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:31 am

Re the Prembo the Poo and Chelski shelling out £30 mill a piece for Sturridge and Ba looks to be a healthy start in the more money than sense world, I suspect the clubs down at the bottom will be chipping in shortly along with those sniffing the prize from the Championship, next season's TV money is a minimum of over £60 million, that's for finishing last.

I have often said that money has ruined the game, perhaps I am a bit of an old curmudgeon, but really, Ba, a streaky striker with a dodgy knee who's presence will give Torres the hump, £7mill plus £5mill for the agent plus 100 grand min a week ? Or Sturridge, moody little fecker with plenty of potential but no real body of work, £12mill plus four years at £4mill a year ?

Having said that they both look value against Torres or Carroll. [/quote]

DON'T give a flying feck about the Premiership, Noone to City - so what? alien
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 pm

what leauge do you like to watch gullboy?
Back to top Go down

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Myles Anderson from Blackburn Rovers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:20 pm

TCM any league apart from the Prem matey, I'm forced to watch a lot of league 2 unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The window ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window ?   The window ? Empty

Back to top Go down

The window ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next