akagreengull
Freathy
david_fisher
Dougie
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

On the brink of administration rumour Empty
PostSubject: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't be true though because PL2 Faced says so Very Happy

Not sure if there is an ounce of truth in the rumour, and I don't know Skynet's form, but he was the one who stated on the Purse slapping Wotton rumour thread that it wasn't Wotton that Purse had a fight with, but he had a fight with Fletcher.

Very worrying if there is anything to the story at all.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:45 am

Heard several weeks ago that Argyle are on stop with several suppliers & having to buy food supplies in with cash.
Nearing another admin wouldn't surprise me, how is the hotel planning permission going btw ? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:45 am

No real surprise really. Once Brent gets bored of his new toy we will be back in the brown stuff (as opposed to our fantastic current position).
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:57 am

it's going to be a constant worry with the way things are going on the pitch. Perhaps Brent's biggest mistake will be sticking with work in progress Fletcher and his constant experimenting and permutations with the team.

If Brent is true to his word and continues to cover this seasons losses that we see us through to April ok.

Next season will be a bigger concern. Any cash shortage not covered, people thinking twice about renewing season tickets, an austerity playing budget and Brent's mythical non match day income still as far off as ever.

Last edited by Dougie on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:01 am

It's that little word 'if' that makes all the difference - if Brent pulls out we're in the shit but everybody knows that anyway.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:10 am

Hence we have not been saved
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:12 am

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:22 am

Isn't it, as David says pretty much another way of framing what we knew already? If Brent pulls out, we're screwed. I'd be surprised if he has any intention of doing that at the moment, but nothing would truly surprise me anymore with this club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:24 am

lol! I do laugh at Postcode's post Nool new found leadership assumption
"There's no truth in this"
"let's nip this in the bud"
He really does think he's in the know. He, Nool and El Presidente know about as much of what Brent is really thinking as my cat. One Pasoti patsy replaced by another.
Brent always knew he would have to stomp up a bit more this season and I would be amazed if the banker didn't factor that into his buying price.
The attendance shortfall could have been forseen by anyone with an ounce of Argyle knowledge, and going on the rumoured 8000, I would estimate Brent needs to find an extra 400K..... there's a figure that raises a certain amount of mirth.
Tough luck, get on with it James ... it's called running a football club. If you can't hack it, pull the plug and lets get rid of the poison in the manner that should have happened last year. I'm waiting to have a club I can identify with again.

Last edited by Penzance on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:24 am

Freathy wrote:
Hence we have not been saved

It's even worse than that. We are now led by a speccy banker, more interested in the land than the football, a clueless manager, local dimwits lording it in the directors' box and on air and we have big tents, buckets n flags for Aviva superfans.
What is there to worry about ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 am

The big worry is next summer. Despite everything, the season ticket sales held up pretty well this year, but if Fletcher's still in the job, and our league position is as optimistic and uplifting as it is currently, I can't see anything but ST sales nosediving. That'll have a big impact on cashflow in the close-season.

Pre-season, Brent said that he'd budgeted for a loss this year. Of course we now know that his budget was set on estimated crowd figures of 7,500 to 8,000, depending upon who you believe; so the losses are currently greater than anticipated.

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that Brent's 'wealth' would appear to comprise mainly of property and shares - quite how much actual cash he has isn't clear. So we don't know quite what accountancy tricks and manouevres are being employed. Argyle is just one part of the Akkeron group, so presumably losses at Argyle are offset against profits in other areas of his 'Empire'.

I don't think the financial situation at Argyle is as straightforward as we'd like to believe; I also think that administration so quickly after Brent's takeover would be a massive dent to Brent's overall business credibility - and with his other assets it would be difficult to realistically put Argyle into Administration whilst other parts of the Akkeron group continue to trade profitably. In all likelihood there's cross-subsidisation going on which will see Argyle continue to operate on the apparent shoestring we're seeing now.

Of course all of this is speculation on my part. If the PASB had any cojones they'd be making these sort of points, asking these questions and demanding the openness, transparency and accountability that we were promised. Unfortunately they seem to be yet more promises that aren't being delivered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 am

@dougie re the non match day income, I don't think that Brent has ever himself mentioned non match day income. If my really crap memory serves me right that was Stapes plan to build the stadium and the club own it. I am sure that Brent is going to build us the stadium ie. seating and all the hotel, restaurants ect. Will be his "deserved" reward for "saving us".

Post subject: Re: UpdatePosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:34 pm 

Administration is a real possibility. Lets hope Brent stays a bit longer. Because he is getting very agitated.

This statement by Skynet stinks of pork if any of them do, we all know that Postey is a patsy but I am sure that this is to make us worry about a future without JB. Personally I think we are destined to be a trust run club in the near future we just have to let JB have his pound of flesh from the rotting carcasse of the club, personally I would like to milk him for all we can in the meantime, I have always been worried by his motives, that's still the case.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:38 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
The big worry is next summer. Despite everything, the season ticket sales held up pretty well this year, but if Fletcher's still in the job, and our league position is as optimistic and uplifting as it is currently, I can't see anything but ST sales nosediving. That'll have a big impact on cashflow in the close-season.

Pre-season, Brent said that he'd budgeted for a loss this year. Of course we now know that his budget was set on estimated crowd figures of 7,500 to 8,000, depending upon who you believe; so the losses are currently greater than anticipated.

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that Brent's 'wealth' would appear to comprise mainly of property and shares - quite how much actual cash he has isn't clear. So we don't know quite what accountancy tricks and manouevres are being employed. Argyle is just one part of the Akkeron group, so presumably losses at Argyle are offset against profits in other areas of his 'Empire'.

I don't think the financial situation at Argyle is as straightforward as we'd like to believe; I also think that administration so quickly after Brent's takeover would be a massive dent to Brent's overall business credibility - and with his other assets it would be difficult to realistically put Argyle into Administration whilst other parts of the Akkeron group continue to trade profitably. In all likelihood there's cross-subsidisation going on which will see Argyle continue to operate on the apparent shoestring we're seeing now.

Of course all of this is speculation on my part. If the PASB had any cojones they'd be making these sort of points, asking these questions and demanding the openness, transparency and accountability that we were promised. Unfortunately they seem to be yet more promises that aren't being delivered.
One thing I don't get about that-he was budgeting for a loss, yes.

But was the 8000 figure the loss making figure he was budgeting for or was that the break even figure? If it's the break even figure then perhaps the estimated loss could be based on crowds of any given figure? 6,500 perhaps? Or 7,000?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:41 am

I think that you are mixing up business men with ordinary mortals Andy. There is absolutely no way that Brenties lawyers would risk the Akkeron group by being too closely allied to Argyle. Not one of the M7 lost their house or had the car repossessed, that happens to people with not much money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:41 am

7,500 - 8,000 would have been a break-even figure. So average crowds of, say, 7,250 would have meant less of a loss than the current average of around 6,200. That's how I interpret it, anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am

Iggy wrote:
I think that you are mixing up business men with ordinary mortals Andy. There is absolutely no way that Brenties lawyers would risk the Akkeron group by being too closely allied to Argyle. Not one of the M7 lost their house or had the car repossessed, that happens to people with not much money.

I'm basing it on one tiny detail, which may or may not be significant - when Brent took over, all card payments made to the club were processed through Saltrock. But, again, in the interests of clarity and transparency, the PASB should be asking what the relationship is between Argyle and the other companies owned by Brent. That would put the debate to bed once and for all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 am

I am pretty sure that the salt rock thing was a temp one because Argyle didn't even have a Kwop savings book to bank the takings in when he took over.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:52 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
7,500 - 8,000 would have been a break-even figure. So average crowds of, say, 7,250 would have meant less of a loss than the current average of around 6,200. That's how I interpret it, anyway.
Ok, thanks that makes sense. So say the break even figure is 7,750 (to be in the middle).

We're currently averaging 6,200. The crowds required to meet Brent's budgeted loss would have been somewhere below 7,750 but probably above 6,200. The question is, how much of a loss did he predict and how many fans would be needed to meet the figure of that loss? 6,500, 6,750, 7,000, 7,250? I think it'd be interesting to know because it'd tell us just how much the execution of the business plan has actually fallen below expectations. Perhaps it should be a PASB issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 am

Iggy wrote:
I am pretty sure that the salt rock thing was a temp one because Argyle didn't even have a Kwop savings book to bank the takings in when he took over.

You may well be right on that - but the relationship between Akkeron, Saltrock and Argyle is not an easy one to discern. Still, I'm sure the mighty PASB will be hammering away at Brent to get full financial transparency, as per the model set out by the Bradford City Supporters Board's real first in football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:04 am

Brent would have relied on the sales forecasts made up by his now disappeared CEO based on info from Ridsdale and historical myths from those he listens to.
That leaves him short of 30-40000 bums on seats this season 'over and above'. That equates to anything up to an EXTRA half a million. Not sure how much the FES debacle has brought in or how it is being appropriated. And maybe poor pre Torquay sales have set the alarm bells ringing.
I equate Argyle to Afghanistan. All you have to do with these passing money men that don't have the club's future at heart, is sit tight, put your feet up, make up a passable imprersonation of an inert fickle fing, and wait for them to throw the towel in and go back to where they came from, hoping they have the common decency not to leave a scorched earth behind them.. they sometimes leave puppets behind, but they're quickly booted out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:09 pm

PL2 Faced lets his mask slip and show once again he has no semblance of a sense of humour and is in fact a spiteful little cnut who thinks he's something special;

I feel another deepthroat account or accounts are not too far away. Maybe someone should drag up postey's history on here again? Always nice to see the two faced weasel shown up for what he really is.

By the way, did anyone from the Trust send back his tenner and scrub his name from the members list for his attack on Andy Symons and his role in deepthroat et al? Would've made it a priority myself along with Nool's. Insidious is the word that immediately springs to mind when I think about the little runt, and not surprising he's so friendly with the fat one.

I hope Gareth rattles his cage again on there. It's been a while since Pasoti were so open in their bullying, banning and deleting. Be nice for new members to see exactly how Pasoti operates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Greenjock wrote:
PL2 Faced lets his mask slip and show once again he has no semblance of a sense of humour and is in fact a spiteful little cnut who thinks he's something special;

I feel another deepthroat account or accounts are not too far away. Maybe someone should drag up postey's history on here again? Always nice to see the two faced weasel shown up for what he really is.

By the way, did anyone from the Trust send back his tenner and scrub his name from the members list for his attack on Andy Symons and his role in deepthroat et al? Would've made it a priority myself along with Nool's. Insidious is the word that immediately springs to mind when I think about the little runt, and not surprising he's so friendly with the fat one.

I hope Gareth rattles his cage again on there. It's been a while since Pasoti were so open in their bullying, banning and deleting. Be nice for new members to see exactly how Pasoti operates.

I know what Jock means, but in case anyone reading this is in any doubt - I played no part whatsoever in 'Deepthroat'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I know what Jock means, but in case anyone reading this is in any doubt - I played no part whatsoever in 'Deepthroat'.

Your name was on the end credits Andy. At least it was on the copy you lent me.

No I can see that it does look like I meant you were involved in deepthroat when of course I meant that little rat postey's role in deepthroat and his attack on Andy when it was announced you were to be a member of the Trust board and the jumped up little prick postey started slagging you off on Pasoti, just like Nool did on twatter, because these scumbags think they should be able to choose who is on the Trust board or they stamp their feet and set up anonymous Pasoti accounts designed to attack the Trust board members they don't like, then they pass the password onto any other cowards who want to join in with the sly digs and not have to reveal who they are.

I hope that clears that up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

It does, Jock. In your usual eloquent fashion lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

well i hope well no, i pray we are not heading back to another administration period as we will die if it does as we simply have no assets to sell.

James Brent is no better than the Heaney consortium in my eyes he just happend to be public with who he was unlike like heaney's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of administration rumour   On the brink of administration rumour Empty

Back to top Go down

On the brink of administration rumour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next