Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself Empty
PostSubject: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

The nurse who innocently gave the two Aussie radio DJ's details about the Duchess of Cambridge's morning sickness has killed herself.

I hope it wasn't because of any pressure she was put under by colleagues or bosses, just for answering a telephone and being taken in by a couple of fuckwits pretending to be members of the royal family.

I already can't stand the royal family, and don't particularly like Aussies, and this has just reaffirmed my previous viewpoint.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 pm

All seems a bit crazy really, there must have been underlying issues and maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 am

The Aussie dj fella was boasting that the hoax was the high point of his career. What a Cnut.

I hope the stupid prick gets all that's coming to him now, and more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 am

I don't think you can blame the DJ's for this, it's just one of those tragic consequences from a prank that is carried out by hundreds of radio stations and are normally pretty funny.

I agree with YM, there's probably more to it than the prank, either way it's very sad that it happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:42 am

I just think that she has been put under enormous pressure because of who the patient was.

I know I've called a hopsital before to find out how friends are and said that I'm their brother so I got information and I don't suppose for one minute that if it emerged that I wasn't a relative the member of staff would be reprimanded or made to feel they have done wrong.

A nurse shouldn't be expected to vet who is calling a hospital. Their job is to help save lives.

I know hoax calls from radio stations is nothing new but trying to get info about a patient to broadcast on air is a little different to seeing how one of your mates is doing after an accident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am

Fair comment Jock, hoax calls are normally a good laugh, maybe there's something ethically wrong about trying to gain private information regarding a patient but I very much doubt that the DJ expected to get as far as he did, he seemed surprised that he did when the show went out.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:47 am

[quote="GOB"]I don't think you can blame the DJ's for this, it's just one of those tragic consequences from a prank that is carried out by hundreds of radio stations and are normally pretty funny.

I agree with YM, there's probably more to it than the prank, either way it's very sad that it happened. [/]

Thousands of children are mercilessly bullied at school every day. Tragically, every now and then a child will decide they can't cope with it and will kill themselves.

Saying you can't blame the dj's is as bad as saying you can't blame the bully - because it happens all the time.

If they hadn't made the call, she'd almost certainly still be alive, and two kids wouldn't have lost their mum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:55 am

[quote="Czarcasm"]
GOB wrote:
I don't think you can blame the DJ's for this, it's just one of those tragic consequences from a prank that is carried out by hundreds of radio stations and are normally pretty funny.

I agree with YM, there's probably more to it than the prank, either way it's very sad that it happened. [/]

Thousands of children are mercilessly bullied at school every day. Tragically, every now and then a child will decide they can't cope with it and will kill themselves.

Saying you can't blame the dj's is as bad as saying you can't blame the bully - because it happens all the time.

If they hadn't made the call, she'd almost certainly still be alive, and two kids wouldn't have lost their mum.

Only people with "issues" tend to take their own life after receiving a hoax phone call of this nature. There will be more to this than simply commuting suicide because she picked up a telephone, hence why she wasn't suspended or even disciplined.

It was probably the last straw of something that's been going on in the life of that poor woman.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:09 am

Probably felt under pressure from David Cameron's filthy squeezing of the NHS.

There, I've said it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:43 am

"It was only a joke ......."

And that sentence accompanies so much pain and sadness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 am

"Issues" or not, the poor woman - who wouldn't normally have even answered the phone, but did so because the proper people weren't around - had her innocent mistake plastered all over the media. Worldwide. I think that would be enough to push a lot of people over the edge.

Yesterday I listened to an interview with the cousin of Ched Evans, who was arrested and prosecuted for tweeting the name of his rape victim. Not only did she fail to apologise to her victim, she gave a very strong impression that the only reason she's sorry for what she did (which was both illegal and morally disgusting) was because she got caught.

That's two examples in one day of people who simply don't know how to behave towards other human beings, who'll do whatever they want regardless of the other people involved, and who, when something goes wrong, will look anywhere except themselves for an excuse. A culture which says it's ok to play 'jokes' on somebody you're never likely to meet, whose situation you know nothing about, and where it's that person - not you - who's likely to have to face the consequences is, frankly, a sick culture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:52 pm

I saw a bloke the other day buying milk in my local co-op with pyjama bottoms and a coat on... pyjama bottoms... PYJAMA BOTTOMS, with a coat?!

It's true Peggy. People have no shame.

I think it's the internet. People are just desensitized to horror and unpleasantness. But the internet is made by people! People have always been utter bastards. Before it was stopped, public hangings were pretty popular. I would bet £3000 that if they did a public hanging at half time at Argyle for shoplifters, we'd get capacity crowds every home game.

People, in general are arseholes.

I include myself in this too as I laugh at you've Been Framed - especially when old people hurt themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm

hairy j wrote:
I saw a bloke the other day buying milk in my local co-op with pyjama bottoms and a coat on... pyjama bottoms... PYJAMA BOTTOMS, with a coat?!

It's true Peggy. People have no shame.

I think it's the internet. People are just desensitized to horror and unpleasantness. But the internet is made by people! People have always been utter bastards. Before it was stopped, public hangings were pretty popular. I would bet £3000 that if they did a public hanging at half time at Argyle for shoplifters, we'd get capacity crowds every home game.

People, in general are arseholes.

I include myself in this too as I laugh at you've Been Framed - especially when old people hurt themselves.

I bet he has an LG TV affraid

You watch You've been framed? I'll bet you really have an LG TV
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Humor is always at the expense of someone else's misfortune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself   Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself Empty

Back to top Go down

Nurse who divulged Kate's medical details, kills herself
Page 1 of 1