Coxside_Green
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The Latest From Brent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 am

So it's business as usual from a guy who says on a weekly basis he knows nothing about football, the same guy who thinks the football business is another financial "sector" and believed we were only "two players short of a decent squad"at the end of last season as advised by his trusted advisors. Not so much a non investing banker at H.P more like a non investing wanker! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Fletch gets the January window to fck things up further and Brent gets to pump more funds in increasing the club's debt to him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
OWNER and chairman James Brent has admitted Plymouth Argyle's fans have 'every right' to be frustrated by the League Two club's recent results.

The Pilgrims have dropped to 20th position in the table after picking up only one point from their last seven games.

That has led to increasing calls from supporters for Carl Fletcher to be replaced as Argyle manager.

Brent told Herald Sport: "The results we have had have been disappointing but I think it requires careful thought to work with Carl on how to get it right.

"From my perspective, in the majority of the games I have seen we have been the stronger side, but we have not been able to turn that into wins. That's the challenge for us all to work out."

Argyle have won only four of their 20 league games this season, with the last one coming on October 20 when they beat Rochdale 3-1 at Home park.

Brent said: "The fans have every right and justification to feel very disappointed and very frustrated by the results.

"That view is totally shared by the board and myself. What we will do is try to do the right thing rather than the popular thing."

Fletcher added to his squad with the loan signing of 31-year-old Bournemouth midfielder Mark Molesley last week.

Molesley made his debut for the Pilgrims in their 1-0 defeat by Chesterfield at Home Park on Saturday.

Football League clubs, Argyle included, cannot now make any further recruits until the January transfer window opens.

Finances are tight at Home Park because of below-budget attendances for home games this season but Brent has not ruled out some more signings then.

He said: "We will be having a discussion with the manager well in advance of the January transfer window to see where he thinks the gaps are in the squad and what his recommendations are.

"The board will then consider that."

Argyle have five more matches in League Two before the end of 2012, starting against York City at Home Park on Saturday, December 8.

That will be followed by a trip to Devon rivals Exeter City, who are currently in ninth spot in the table, on December 15.

It is the blind leading the blind.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 am

Trust the manager who kept Feeney and Chadwick has very few contacts in the game except Eddie Howe, brings in a player with injuries from the Wesh league and has bloated the squad with young players who basically are'nt going to play. Would'nt trust him to make a cup of tea let alone buy in the right players. Is this really happening?
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 am

Love to know where the gaps in the squad are. Maybe he should insist we ship out some garbage first before adding more of Eddie Howe's crocks to the squad.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 am

Warny wrote:
Love to know where the gaps in the squad are. Maybe he should insist we ship out some garbage first before adding more of Eddie Howe's crocks to the squad.

I was thinking the same. How many 'squad' members are there now, 30 odd? The majority of which would have been brought by Fletcher I would imagine.

A small hint for you there Jimmy boy. One of the largest squads in the bottom 2 divisions and there are still gaps?

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Because they don't know what the feck they are doing.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm in for £20 for the plane thingy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm

shonbo wrote:
I'm in for £20 for the plane thingy

I'm in too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm in for £20.

Schlumberger, how about frustfuckingstrated? or flabberfuckingasted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 pm

this flag would be more fitting at Argyle at the moment and forever under Brent because remember

all fans are equal but some fans are more equal to others
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Latest From Brent
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2