mouldyoldgoat
shonbo
Coxside_Green
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

The Latest From Brent Empty
PostSubject: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 am

Fletch gets the January window to fck things up further and Brent gets to pump more funds in increasing the club's debt to him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
OWNER and chairman James Brent has admitted Plymouth Argyle's fans have 'every right' to be frustrated by the League Two club's recent results.

The Pilgrims have dropped to 20th position in the table after picking up only one point from their last seven games.

That has led to increasing calls from supporters for Carl Fletcher to be replaced as Argyle manager.

Brent told Herald Sport: "The results we have had have been disappointing but I think it requires careful thought to work with Carl on how to get it right.

"From my perspective, in the majority of the games I have seen we have been the stronger side, but we have not been able to turn that into wins. That's the challenge for us all to work out."

Argyle have won only four of their 20 league games this season, with the last one coming on October 20 when they beat Rochdale 3-1 at Home park.

Brent said: "The fans have every right and justification to feel very disappointed and very frustrated by the results.

"That view is totally shared by the board and myself. What we will do is try to do the right thing rather than the popular thing."

Fletcher added to his squad with the loan signing of 31-year-old Bournemouth midfielder Mark Molesley last week.

Molesley made his debut for the Pilgrims in their 1-0 defeat by Chesterfield at Home Park on Saturday.

Football League clubs, Argyle included, cannot now make any further recruits until the January transfer window opens.

Finances are tight at Home Park because of below-budget attendances for home games this season but Brent has not ruled out some more signings then.

He said: "We will be having a discussion with the manager well in advance of the January transfer window to see where he thinks the gaps are in the squad and what his recommendations are.

"The board will then consider that."

Argyle have five more matches in League Two before the end of 2012, starting against York City at Home Park on Saturday, December 8.

That will be followed by a trip to Devon rivals Exeter City, who are currently in ninth spot in the table, on December 15.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 am

Clutching at straws, it says they will talk with Fletch well in advance and then consider his recommendations. Doesn't say that after that discussion, they may consider to get rid?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 am

Same old same old!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 am

One step closer to a bigger hotel complex I fear.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 am

hippo wrote:

One step towards Dartford away more like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:58 am

Recipe for disaster,

Take one reluctant owner,
Add an inexperienced manager,
Slowly add aged players,
Sprinkle lightly with a few talented young players until you have a bloated squad,
This is most important, make sure no one you sign can score goals,
Ignore all warning signs of slide down table,
Season liberally with superfans,
Then just wait until Christmas and don't forget to make a wish!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 am

shonbo wrote:
Clutching at straws, it says they will talk with Fletch well in advance and then consider his recommendations. Doesn't say that after that discussion, they may consider to get rid?

Clutching at straws even further it says....

Quote :
He said: "We will be having a discussion with the manager well in advance of the January transfer window to see where he thinks the gaps are in the squad and what his recommendations are.

Doesn't say which manager. Hopefully by the time these "discussions" take place clueless and his 'coaching' team will have had their useless arses slung out of HP. If not then the HP crowd should turn their full anger on the non-investing hotel builder and his useless 'board' of shite.

This ain't good enough brent! Sack that clueless muppet and his dog shit coaches and give the new manager funds to get this club out of this hideous mess.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 am

nice spot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 am

LondonGreen wrote:
hippo wrote:

One step towards Dartford away more like

Blimey don't frighten me please.......Dartford is only 6 miles from here......and if it continues downwards there is Bromley Town 2 miles and a little further down it could then be Cray Wanderers who also play at Bromley.......but by then Argyle would be in a West of England League.....I need cheering up having pulled the curtains back and seen the pond on my lawn where there shouldn't be one because of the rain.

Just pinched myself......is this really happening.....are we struggling in this basement dross hole because Fletcher is just unlucky........OH I've just remembered, that he holds the record as captaining us to two consecutive relegations........good grief can we cancel Christmas this year please.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 am

JAMES BRENT wrote:
"The fans have every right and justification to feel very disappointed and very frustrated by the results.

"That view is totally shared by the board and myself. What we will do is try to do the right thing rather than the popular thing. "

No... Mr. Brent!

What you will try to do is avoid the 'unpopular' thing rather than do the 'right' thing!

You must sack Fletcher.

What other option do you have?

If not now, when?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:21 am

I don't know if I'm making the same point as you Ricks, but what justification can he offer that "the popular thing" is not also "the right thing"? He seems to assume they are contrary views.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 am

So in the hotel builder's head the right thing to do is allow clueless to continue to destroy the club? Instead of the popular thing to save the club from oblivion. what twisted and inverted ideals the non-investing hotel builder has.

GET OUT OF MY CLUB BRENT YOU F***ING MAGGOT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 am

So, according to the wedged ex banker, the popular thing to do is the "wrong" thing.
That's code for the football dunce having the nerve to tell us serfs and fans of a thousand years we don't know what we're talking about. That's the trouble with these sorts, they always think they're right, even when they lose 50 billion dollars. Argyle are landed with someone worse than McCauley, and I thought that was impossible.
Getting rid of a manager isn't a gratuitous "give us a head, any head" plea from the baying masses, it's a considered view and healthy business practice when you have a fool in charge .... sometimes managers just lose it or just aren't up to that particular task. Look at his record here , Brent.... you're falling for spin from a wily old pro earning his living when he no longer has the tools of the trade, just like Todd did, and look what happened to him.

Last edited by Penzance on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 am

Who in their right mind would let clueless decide on more signings? Our scouting system is non-existent and Clueless's only contacts are Eddie Howe and Eddie Howe. The "Popular thing being the wrong thing" crap is just the board not having the funds (or not wanting to pay) CF off and replace him with someone capable.

I see the Herald are still saying that funds are tight due to lower than expected gates (which in a sense is true). It would be more pleasing if the Herald offered some criticism on the fact that the predicted gates were stupidly high.

Attendances might increase at Christmas, but if clueless is kept on, many will stay away for the Christmas games and Argyle will lose further money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 am

Peeps, you're getting phrases muddled up here, the words "the right thing" should be replaced with, "the cheap thing".

Fear not, this will all get sorted once Webb, Newell, Jones, Nikkkkkk and Wrathall have been given the club that Brent would like the Trust to pay for.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 am

Maybe the inflated gate figure was used to demonstrate to the Football league that the club was viable.

In my view, the bigger mistake was the complete lack of positive action doing towards getting 8k people through the gates this season. Nothing happened in the close season to inspire confidence that this season was going to be an improvement on the dross we have been forced to watch for the last 4 years.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 am

Quote :
From my perspective, in the majority of the games I have seen we have been the stronger side, but we have not been able to turn that into wins. That's the challenge for us all to work out."

Bit of a hint there then Jimbo old bean that if we look the better side but always end up losing then something is a bit wrong with the man in charge. This can be simply rectified by hiring a manager who knows what he is doing and has, y'know, more than 1 contact in the game....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 am

GOB wrote:
Peeps, you're getting phrases muddled up here, the words "the right thing" should be replaced with, "the cheap thing".

Fear not, this will all get sorted once Webb, Newell, Jones, Nikkkkkk and Wrathall have been given the club that Brent would like the Trust to pay for.

Indeed, while the exact make up of the bunch linning themselves up to run the club isn't known, the above won't be far from what these people envisage... there will be a lot of positioning going on that can only add to the disfunction in the net year or two.

And a good point from Dingle. Increased sales needed investment from Brent pre season ... that patently did not happen. He has made a virtue out of NOT investing. Most, if not all of this season's shortfall was included withinn the purchase procedure.

I see now we are getting the first "only Brent is between us and the gutter" statements. We MUST be truly thankful for his philanthropy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 am

Any cash left over from the Williams sponsorship?

Surely a small "FLETCHER OUT!" banner, complete with fire certificate, wouldn't cost the earth? clown

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 am

Could be fun putting a correctly certificated banner in the middle of the Devonport.
How about one saying "This banner is certified ....oh, and Fletcher out "

Last edited by Penzance on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 am

My sofa has a fire label-I could cut it off and glue it to any banner Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:07 am

Can someone PM me a word that describes how I'm feeling about all of this please? Because I'm fecked If I can think of one bad enough to do so! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 am

"Ambivalent"?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Surely a small "FLETCHER OUT!" banner, complete with fire certificate, wouldn't cost the earth? clown

But we aren't proper fans and don't go to matches apparently so that's out of the question. I* propose flying a plane over Home Park instead with the message on a banner (turbulence certificate pending) behind it

* I say I but I may have stolen this idea from someone else clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am

LondonGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

But we aren't proper fans and don't go to matches apparently so that's out of the question. I* propose flying a plane over Home Park instead with the message on a banner (turbulence certificate pending) behind it

* I say I but I may have stolen this idea from someone else clown

20 quid from me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Latest From Brent   The Latest From Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

The Latest From Brent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next