Greenskin
argyledj
Freathy
Tringreen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Return of the beards! :lol!:  Empty
PostSubject: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:11 am

This really is piss pants worthy, I kid you not, this is the action of the Pasoti Trust leader!! All I can do is cringe with embarrassment and lol!

"Hi All

Decided yesterday that I wont be shaving until the Club is saved (please no predictable jokes about long beards etc ).

I know its a tiny thing and not likely to make a difference but I want to have something in my mind that I know I am personally doing outside of the Trust stuff.

Then I had a thought....... We are planning a protest next Saturday involving red cards (more details tomorrow once it is all sorted). I thought how amazing would it be if as many of us as possible did not shave until next Saturday. We could set up a mass photoshot with the media prior to the Port Vale game of us all and it would just add another angle.

I also think if lots of us did it then it would really catch on with facebook/ twitter / media and would bring us what we want - focus on our plight.

Anyway. I look a right scruff. i don't care though because I AM NOT SHAVING UNTIL OUR CLUB IS SAVED.

Come on join me

Chris"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:57 am

It will be well received by the Pasoti Trust.

Cobi will join him ................ bum fluff city ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Tch tch! Come on you lot, at least he's doing something! lol!

Growing a beard eh? That'll show Heaney and the Riddler jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:17 pm

The boy is on fire ! All this magnificent work and he has a day job !

In the land of Avivas, the bearded Union man is King ! king

As night follows day, his new best friend will join him in the beard fest Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:38 pm

I know it's easy to criticise, but well, this is serious piss taking material..... lol!

How to rule out protest of nine tenths of pasoti's membership owing to a lack of puberty with one click of the mouse! clown

If only the Unions thought about that back in the Thatcher days, "We want more pay, less hours and equal rights or.....errrr, emmm....we'll grow beards!" lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Embarrassing isn't the word.... so World Cup 2010. Does he actually realise how everything he does and says, screams Me ! me ! me ! I really don't think he does.

Looks a scruff does he ? ... poor love. I wonder if he's suggested this idea to his postal workers.

I've had a beard for much of my adult life, and I don't look a scruff, but then it appears you can draw lines with Mr Webb, he's that straight... I guess he still thinks beards are for drop outs, travellers, protestors, terrorists ....... oh ! and now trendy footballers until they want a job in the media ... they soon shave it off then.

I don't have a problem in the slightest with protestors doing things to gain media attention, far from it, but perhaps Pasoti Trust might like to try and have a coherent message that gets across, once the media is engaged, because at the moment any attention gained simply helps Ridsdale's cause.
But then, perhaps that's the idea, as despite all that has been engineered over the last few months by we know who, Pasoti Trust still appear open to the idea of working with Ridsdale after the dust has settled.
It's a fine line protesting against something you don't necessarily have a problem with ... isn't that rigtht Chris ?
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:47 pm

what's next sitting in a bath of baked beans this is turning more in to children in need than saving a football club maybe he could write to terry wogan see if he would come down
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm with the Pirate surprisingly. The lack of a coherent message from the Pasoti Trust is as annoying as it is predictable.

Big on buckets n beards though.

TELL RIDSDALE TO F*CK OFF AND SET YOUR STALL OUT TO HAVE OWNERSHIP OF THE FOOTBALL CLUB ITSELF.
THE MEMBERSHIP WOULD ROCKET.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I'm with the Pirate surprisingly. The lack of a coherent message from the Pasoti Trust is as annoying as it is predictable.

TELL RIDSDALE TO F*CK OFF AND SET YOUR STALL OUT TO HAVE OWNERSHIP OF THE FOOTBALL CLUB ITSELF.

I agree. Have a shave and kick the dirty wizard Ridsdale out of the club. A trust with the aim of owning the club has my full support - NOT a bunch of social climbers posting strongly worded statements from blackberry's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 pm

I don't buy this "We've got to keep Ridsdale on board" .... No we don't.
He's made a pig's ear of it all so far as the actual club is concerned ... he can finish up his work ( for which he is being handsomely rewarded ), pass over the relevant information, and be put on the first train back to Wrayton Hall with a tag.... not to return West of Bristol for 3 years.
What is so unreasonable in wanting a Supporters' trust who's aim is to own the football club, rather than help rich men to pay their bills.
Why is everything about this club so much a shaddow of efforts elsewhere in the country, even in sleepy Devon Red Exeter ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I agree. Have a shave and kick the dirty wizard Ridsdale out of the club. A trust with the aim of owning the club has my full support - NOT a bunch of social climbers posting strongly worded statements from blackberry's.

That's my only worry Frank. The current Trust group does not inspire confidence that they would be anything more than a reflection of Pasoti & the GT's. However, that hurdle can be crossed I suppose.
I'm sure that there are still Argyle supporting investors out there, with business acumen, who would want to 'buy in' to something free from parasites.
We are totally divided and small in number protest wise. The Pasoti Trust/ GT'S have the stage right now but in active reality, number only in hundreds. That however, is the largest group and what should be their main concern is why is there not a groundswell of support ?
The answer is simple. They have not adopted a clear and sustained attack on the scumbags. They have meeting after meeting, rattle buckets, have vigils and fests............. but what would inspire togetherness and a flood of support would be militancy. Ridsdale out ! out ! out !
Instead we are afraid to upset the hard working gentlemen.
Chris Webb has the opportunity to be an old school union man. Rabble rouse, death or glory................
There is still time but it has to start now. Whether it is Brent/Trust or Liquidation/New Trust club in the wilderness, those in position to lead must lead......not grow beards ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:57 pm

The beard thing is just ridiculous, amateur and unprofessional that should have been left for the younger ones to adopt. When the Pasoti Trust has a leadership that is perceived with intelligence and unwavering astuteness it maybe worth a punt, but for now I'm backtracking and keeping my cash in my pocket. The beard thing is enough to convince me that this Trust has a lot of maturing to do before it can be taken seriously.

I want to hear things like "We want Ridsdale to drive back up the A30 with his friend Heaney in the boot". I would sooner face liquidation then support a club with these people involved.

Come on Chris, less about facial hair growth, more straight talking and less cushioning up. Tell Ridsdale where to stick 25k a month!

Last edited by GOB on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Andy S thinks we are going to be apoplectic with rage!

Nice to see us get a mention though. Thanks for the publicity Andy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Nice to see us get a mention though. Thanks for the publicity Andy Very Happy

He even managed a whole sentence without any Anglo Saxon or telling anyone what gutter slime they are for not agreeing with his limited intellect. Good to see he's learning something from those half a dozen sheep down under! pig
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:31 pm

They keep on rattling on about all the media attention but what , exactly are they saying ? Pay the staff/players ? Feed our children ? Buy us some razor blades ?????????
Give us our club back.....
WE WANT RIDSDALE OUT, SAY WE WANT RIDSDALE OUT ! might just resonate not only with Argyle fans but football fans in general ?

Now that would be something to stir the blood. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:18 pm

How about all dressing up as giant pasties instead? That would unquestionably have more impact than beards.Think of the visual sensation of 5000 Pilgrims all marching towards HP as humungous Pasties,with WH Bond written across the front.'Tis the way forward,i do believe.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Not surprised old "rope - a - soper" knows the word 'apoplectic'. It's a condition he finds himself in nearly every time he posts.

Oh, the irony of him making that statement. Well, he didn't earn his nickname from me (well, OK, Muhammad Ali..) for nothing!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:49 pm

No comment (condescending wave emoticon)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:01 pm

I've started, I'm at stubble stage!

Good to see we're getting in the spirit of things lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 pm

I grew a tache for Movember last year, but I'm in Oz this year so I'm not allowed..........
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Beards on Tony.

The idea is best summed up by grovehill's excellent sarcasm:

Quote :
Perhaps the most positive thing done by the Trust so far.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Delivered dead pan with a straight bat and missed by the majority.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:32 pm

I actually support this, sometimes the trust can appear a bit po faced, so a bit of lightheartedness may not go amiss.

Despite his spittle flecked aspect of his posting style, I've actually warmed to old Sopes recently. You do have to give it back to him though on occasion, but I suspect his heart is in the right place.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:06 pm

minesasmooth, whose posts I usually ignore, provides one of the few inteligent posts on that thread-

"chris good idea an thanks for all your efforts but a few people with beards is not going to save our club,we need to get angry an demand they tell us the truth ,no more lies thats enough cack or bust time has come,you have risdales number an guilfoyles ring them an tell them we want answers we want the truth ,an if you have not got the money let brent have ago at it .
imo all these protests are worthless an definatly not working , we need to unite as fans an really let them know we will not stand for this anymore ,get in there faces an get answers as they have had a real easytime from us laid back janners"

Chris Webb seems to be re-living his school days with 'his gang'. But, like the vigil wrap up party, this latest scheme does not show that Argyle fans are unhappy- its more like a happy social club. He does have a lot of followers though?

The best protest, as PenzancePirate has always said, is non-attendance.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm with you Ali, time to get angry. Better late than never BUT some of the leading fans reps are being careful, in case they upset someone they might have to suck up to at a later date.
They are not fit to lead.
It's more about them and gestures than leading a crusade. Sadly, there are a few hundred Avivas who will hang on their every word, whilst not understanding what the hell is really going on.

Beards, buckets n bats................................. all the same to the average Aviva. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the beards! :lol!:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next