seadog
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December Empty
PostSubject: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:15 pm

I received a letter yesterday regarding the Sponsors Day at Home Park on Thursday 13th December (for our sponsorship of joint Argyle top scorer, Robbie Williams). The details are as follows-

1230. Arrive at Home Park and head to the Tribute Legends Lounge, where tea and coffee will be available.
1300. You will be joined by the First Team Squad and Management, at which point lunch will be served in the format of a hot fork buffet.
1400. The presentation of the shirts will commence, with Players’ presenting their shirts to each appropriate sponsor.
1500. The Squad will depart. You are more than welcome to remain in the Tribute Legends Lounge and network with other sponsors, or take advantage of the cash bar, which will remain open throughout the function.

We need to decide what we're doing with this. Available are two tickets to the above lunch and a signed and framed Robbie Williams shirt. We can either have two people go to the dinner collecting the shirt for someone else, or the shirt winner goes to the dinner as well as one other lucky person (obviously this option may hamper exiles). We then need to decide on how to distribute- draw, vote etc. We also have 10 free match tickets to donate to a cause- it was previously discussed giving them to the St Johns Ambulance- everyone in favour of this (or any other beneficiary- schools, charitys etc)?

Please let me know your thoughts on ticket/ shirt distribution and we'll go with the favoured option.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I can see Tring flying back from Cyprus for this one.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 pm

I am on board then so no chance of attending, happy for St John Ambulance for the tickets.
A draw for the shirt would be good and a draw for any ATDers able to attend and network.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Tring and Rickler, I'll be happy to pay to watch this one!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I was thinking Jock with Tony Hooper Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh yes, OH FEKIN YES! lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Jock it is then...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry to be so sensible, but why not just take the names of all those who contributed, find out who is free to attend, put the names in a hat and draw them out.

Failing that, Punchdrunk and Sufferedsince68 for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I was thinking Jock with Tony Hooper Laughing

Oh go on then Razz

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it which is such a shame as I would love to bump into Mr Hooper, Mr Newell, Postey etc. with a hot fork.

I'm really not interested in winning the shirt either so if anyone can think of a good cause I would be happy to go with that. There was the lady who's twins had cerebral palsy and needed an operation in the States, she signed up on here and Pasoti and gave details of sponsorship for a match they were playing to raise some funds. Maybe she would be able to raise some money by raffling it or something, or if not it might be a good souvenir for the twins.

Same with the tickets. St John Ambulance is a worthy cause as they do such a great job as volunteers, and lost out when the club went into administration. Again they could either try and raffle the tickets to raise money or use them for the volunteers to see a game. Maybe have a raffle and loser gets the tickets lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Names-

pepsipete
Andy Symons
Dingle
Charlie Wood
TGWU
Mock
Greenjock
Frank Bullitt
Czarcasm
lawnmowerman
mouldyoldgoat
Seadog
Shonbo
Tringreen
JonB
Sufferedsince68
Tony Hooper
Richard Blight
Iggy
Tim Chown
Londongreen
Yea Man
Keepitgreen
Arch Stanton
Rickler
Nick
Leigh Rapson
Peggy

I think that's it, if I've missed anyone please let me know.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 pm

The roll of shame! I would not mind the shirt but Jock's Auction idea is good, £10 from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Shirt would be a nice thing to have but wouldn't be able to get to the do due to work and family.

Maybe a seperate draw for the shirt and the do?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:40 pm

would not be able to attend, raffle the shirt
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:44 pm

One good thing...Robbie's shirt will fit most of us...even me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Names-

pepsipete
Andy Symons
Dingle
Charlie Wood
TGWU
Mock
Greenjock
Frank Bullitt
Czarcasm
lawnmowerman
mouldyoldgoat
Seadog
Shonbo
Tringreen
JonB
Sufferedsince68
Tony Hooper
Richard Blight
Iggy
Tim Chown
Londongreen
Yea Man
Keepitgreen
Arch Stanton
Rickler
Nick
Leigh Rapson
Peggy

I think that's it, if I've missed anyone please let me know.

You're all bonkers.
Tringy, hang your head in shame. There must be a village somewhere in Hertfordshire looking for it's idiot. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Erm ... I didn't put any money in. You'd already raised enough by the time I got my hands on some, so I bought some new ladies' underwear garments instead.

But if my voice counts I'd like the tickets to go to St Johns too.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:10 pm

So if we raffle the following-

Lunch Tickets (2)

Shirt

And donate the Matchday Tickets to St John's Ambulance

I would guess everyone on the list can enter the shirt raffle. Just need those who can attend the Lunch to make themselves known (and enter another raffle). One of the Luncheoners may need to hold the Robbie shirt until the shirt winner can make a game/ comes to Devon/ Cornwall.

I can attend the lunch (and I'm a fat bastard Very Happy ).

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Trust Peggy to drag the debate back to ladies underwear, can a bush trimming hijack be far away, shear opportunism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I know I can't bid but what if the shirt was swapped for a Man U shirt and donated to Newell? clown
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Like the idea of the tickets going to St. John's. wouldn't mind getting my mitts on the shirt though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 pm

i wasnt here around when this was going on but if my opinion is worth anything i am in favour of auctioning off the shirt to st johns or another if decided.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
One good thing...Robbie's shirt will fit most of us...even me Very Happy

Tell you the truth, I would say the shirt will fit both of us at the same time! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 am

My two cents worth...

First we should look after our own...

If somebody on ATD is struggling to afford a ticket, I think they should be given one of the free ones. If there are no applicants, then St. Johns or another charity that might be a favourite of an ATD'r would be a perfect choice.

I think the lunch should be raffled and attended by two ATD'rs who contributed ( I unfortunately can't make it, hopefully Tring can accompany sensible). Whoever goes, they can network and get Robbie to sign up to ATD etc..

Likewise with the shirt... Raffle it amongs the contributers and let the winnner decide what to do with it. If I won, I would gladly put it up for auction with the proceeds going to whoever ATD decided was the most worthy.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:07 am

As above for me. Sadly I cant make the luncheon to busy with work but the shirt would be nice.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:30 am

Same as above really, happy to let folks work out what they want to do. Won't be able to attend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December   Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Sponsor's Day - Thursday 13th December
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next