Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England Empty
PostSubject: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 am

Didn't see the England game last night as I was watching Scotland trounce Luxemburg in their own backyard. Jordan Rhodes scoring his 3rd goal in 5 games, putting him second on the all-time Scotlnad top scorers list. Strange game as Rhodes missed 3 or 4 sitters, as did Kenny Miller but it was remarkable due to Scotland playing 2 strikers! 2 strikers? Are they mad?

Anyway we we're 2-0 up early and were actually clinging on for the 2-1 win in the end. Is this a new dawn for Scotland? Err no.

So I heard about the Ibrahimovic goal last night but was watching a film so didn't check it out until this morning. It's been described as something from a video game by many, but I thought it would probably turn out to be a fluke or something. I mean who tries a 35 yard bicycle kick?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Zlatan Ibrahimovic that's who! This guy is his own biggest fan but his goalscoring record is amazing. He's scored 39 goals for Sweden which is pretty impressive for a side who aren't exactly one of the best in the world, has scored regularly for every club side he's played for, Malmo, Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan and now Paris San Germain. In total 246 goals in 504 games in some of the best leagues in the world. Not a bad CV.

He's won 9 league titles in 4 different countries, and is on track to make that 10 in 5 different countries with PSG.

I was surprised to see he's only just turned 31 and has a good couple of years left at the top. Then he'll probably end up at Man City on £300k a week.

Class act though.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:23 am

one of those moments jock,,,,what a corker majorka,, i love them moments,,,another one that will stick in the memory,,,,another one was that columbian(i think?) keeper that did that back flip save(off his heels) at wembley all those years ago,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 am

Just for you Mike Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 am

cheers jock,,,,still makes me chuckle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 am

Fantastic goal and even better to see him smile after he scored it. He showed no emotion for the first three but couldn't help celebrating the fourth. Shame he got a yellow for taking off his shirt, stupid rule.
I wonder if the stadium designers had a good nights sleep after the ball hit the camera cable following a big old punt by the Swedish keeper. That was a bit awkward for them. Pretty impressive stadium apart from that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 am

I've scored better up at Staddy Heights on a cold, wet and windy Sunday morning - whilst still hungover! drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:51 pm

When we were 1 2 up and hodgkin took stevie G off my boy said I might put a bet on to say well win 2 4, I said watch Ibram I would go 4 2 to them! Shame I never bet but then I get every Argo score wrong apart from about two a year.
He is a hell of a striker, a real game winner, people say he is greedy, he just knows he is better than anyone else around him. I am delighted that he had that game in a friendly and not in the qualifiers. What a goal though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:11 pm

I still hadn't seen all of the goals so I have a quick look around, the link I posted earlier now doesn't work, and all of his goals were pretty bleddy cool. The free-kick should have been saved by Hart but it was like a tracer bullet!

He is an arrogant prick, but he has the talent to back it up. I do like the fact that his second goal wasn't really celebrated because he was checking to see that the England defender was OK.

This link has all of the goals.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:26 pm

He'd only get in our team if he worked his socks off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's like when you play a videogame and press the wrong button.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

hairy j wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's like when you play a videogame and press the wrong button.

I was looking for a decent clip of the goals but some were removed due to Copyright? and some that appeared to be clips of the game were actually sad bastards showing clips of their games of FIFA 13 or PES. Is this a normal thing to post highlights of your match on a video game? I find that really really sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Nothing wrong with being an arrogant prick. If you've got it - flaunt it.

I watched it on youtube. It's there easy to find. And I thought '99 times out of a hundred this would have sailed all over the place'. We may even have seen his team-mates calling him a prat and asking why he didn't hold and pass. An inspired fluke maybe but no more. But what do I know!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm

knecht wrote:
Nothing wrong with being an arrogant prick. If you've got it - flaunt it.

I watched it on youtube. It's there easy to find. And I thought '99 times out of a hundred this would have sailed all over the place'. We may even have seen his team-mates calling him a prat and asking why he didn't hold and pass. An inspired fluke maybe but no more. But what do I know!?

I do wonder if he would've even attempted it in a WC qualifier, but with Ibrahimovic I think he would anyway.

Then if Sweden were 3-2 up and he had miskicked it, England go up the pitch and score, he would be castigated a bit like Cantona for France against Bulgaria many moons ago. If he isn't able to rein in the showboating when running the clock down would be the best option, then that might cause friction amongst him and his teammates, but they seem to enjoy his skill rather than look pissed off by it.

The Scrpion kick save by Higuita was in a friendly, and the linesman's flag had already gone up, but he was a nutter who regularly charged upfield and scored.

I don't think it was the best goal ever, as some are claiming it was, but it was really special. Maradona's second goal in the 86 World Cup against England was just incredible, as are many of Messi's goals, and my argument would be that the skill involved in running the length of the pitch, keeping the ball under control before finishing beautifully, is far higher than an outrageous effort from 30 odd yards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 pm

If Higuita had been in goal for England he would have bounced it on his head a few times, beating Ibrahamovic, before dribbling the length of the pitch.

Ibrahamovic and his goal were exciting to watch. If you don't try - you don't score. He is a performer - like Bowles, Frank Worthington or even Hoddle in the past - and the game is poorer without people like him. Buggered if I would have wanted to be a defender in front of Higuita, though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 am

Much better commentary.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England   Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England Empty

Back to top Go down

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal v England
Page 1 of 1