Tringreen
Czarcasm
Dougie
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SirCumfrance

Colin Sexstone - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am

I actually think it's another very shrewd move by Brent.

Taken with the PASB, the "offer" of 20% in the club grabs the headlines and ticks all the fan involvement boxes with the Aviva's.

Of course, take a little time to delve a bit deeper and find out out what the offer actually means and it all comes out in the wash. Just like it has with a now toothless PASB.

However, how many of the masses will do that? Not many.

Brent's propaganda campaign is going very well and he is still seen as the saviour who can do no wrong. His foot soldiers are just a small cog in the propaganda machine allowing him to carry on with his property development and ignoring the football side.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 am

SirCumfrance wrote:
I actually think it's another very shrewd move by Brent.

Taken with the PASB, the "offer" of 20% in the club grabs the headlines and ticks all the fan involvement boxes with the Aviva's.

Of course, take a little time to delve a bit deeper and find out out what the offer actually means and it all comes out in the wash. Just like it has with a now toothless PASB.

However, how many of the masses will do that? Not many.

Brent's propaganda campaign is going very well and he is still seen as the saviour who can do no wrong. His foot soldiers are just a small cog in the propaganda machine allowing him to carry on with his property development and ignoring the football side.

Take a pinch of banker, wrap it up with low cunning and big flags................ hey presto !

Wonder if Nikk would like to pay £400k for 20% and no place on the board ?
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 am

As a side issue, £400,000 for 20% values the club at £2M.

Where has that come from? The only assets the club has, as far as I can tell is the players. I think someone may have a got a decimal point in the wrong place.

Unless of course the furniture in the boardroom is all antique and worth a few bob.

Mind you, now Nool has had his substantial posterior on it for so long, most of it is probably showing the signs of strain.

How far down the line has the Trust got with looking at this offer? What was the deadline? I seem to remember the deadline being about now. I stand to be corrected - on many, many things. (I suppose you could say the deadline is imminent....I love that word...imminent)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Brent has extended the deadline. If the Trust finally falls for it, it will lose all credibilty and become enmeshed within the rather complicated and behind doors self serving superfan input... it's the oldest mill owner trick in the book.
Sheffield Wednesday is a cracking Trust model to follow.. despite being walleted, it refused to give money to the private owners waiting pockets... and remain outside as a prospective and credible rescue organisation should the balloon go up again, which is highly likely for any club that has had admin problems in the past.

Last edited by Penzance on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm

SirCumfrance wrote:
As a side issue, £400,000 for 20% values the club at £2M.

Where has that come from? The only assets the club has, as far as I can tell is the players. I think someone may have a got a decimal point in the wrong place.

Unless of course the furniture in the boardroom is all antique and worth a few bob.

Mind you, now Nool has had his substantial posterior on it for so long, most of it is probably showing the signs of strain.

How far down the line has the Trust got with looking at this offer? What was the deadline? I seem to remember the deadline being about now. I stand to be corrected - on many, many things. (I suppose you could say the deadline is imminent....I love that word...imminent)

He has extended the deadline. Clearly believes that all Argyle fans are stupid and like kids let loose in a sweet shop at HP.

Wonder where he got that idea from. I really can't fink ? Geddon James Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:20 pm

why doesnt the trust simply turnaround and say you want 400k for 20% ? we'll give you 50k for 20% a la dragons den.......... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Maybe the trust should recruit Theo Pathethis, sorry he's out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:
why doesnt the trust simply turnaround and say you want 400k for 20% ? we'll give you 50k for 20% a la dragons den.......... lol!

And a place on the board, or we're oot.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Colin Sexstone   Colin Sexstone - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 pm

The club valuation was obviously by the same person as the gate forecast.
Back to top Go down

Colin Sexstone
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3