Elias
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

lest we forget - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 am

I think i am doing them a disservice.

I think it is a very good effort!
cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:00 am

Highwayman wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Highwayman wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Just a shame those puppets in block 3 n 4 couldnt be arsed to do their tribute properly. with a half arsed poppy
Not into this fv thing at all but each to their own but what I will say is on this occasion you are very wide of the mark Mr Angry. They tried and were respectful as was all in attendance, you can knock them for a lot of things but not for yesterday.

half of them couldnt be bothered the pictures dont lie/.

Whats so wrong?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

its that the best one lol

jesus wept
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:26 am

That looks good, well done all.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:02 am

I have often criticised FV, but on this occasion I think they have done very well and it was a very good idea.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I have often criticised FV, but on this occasion I think they have done very well and it was a very good idea.

Excuse me for being cynical BUT there always seems to have to be an element of claiming the moral high ground, with anything involving the chuckle brothers.
From postboxes to mystery IP addresses, from Kilimanjaro to Windsor, from trust hero to deepthroater, from militant to Brent's patsy, from a crap football manager to the fields of Flanders to gain some perspective Rolling Eyes .................... such a web of mixed messages but hey, whadda guy !
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 am

Tringreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Excuse me for being cynical BUT there always seems to have to be an element of claiming the moral high ground, with anything involving the chuckle brothers.
From postboxes to mystery IP addresses, from Kilimanjaro to Windsor, from trust hero to deepthroater, from militant to Brent's patsy, from a crap football manager to the fields of Flanders to gain some perspective Rolling Eyes .................... such a web of mixed messages but hey, whadda guy !

Hello Tring, I don't think the super fans were involved with the organising of the poppy tribute (somebody called Steve Riggs has been mentioned on pasoti). I personally think the FV is a waste of money and time, as they are quite quiet at the games I have been to. On this occasion I think they have done well.

The only thing I've recently heard on one of the super fans pig is him allegedly blackmailing and intimidating a pasoti mod with screenshots he had on him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 am

shonbo wrote:
That looks good, well done all.

Yup, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 am

I know we are normally critical of the club on this site BUT

the club (for once) got it spot on with its rememberance 'ceremony', it was excellent.
the poppy would have looked better if it had been bigger but you have to remember that there were limited numbers of the 'forze verde'.

steve riggs i have known for many years he's a good bloke it would be no suprise to me if he was behind the poppy idea.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:47 am

meant to add i remember playing barnet on rememberance day in 2000 (we won 4-1), & there was no minutes silence..............

what a contrast, obviously that was before iraq (mark2) & afghan campaigns which have brought rememberance to a 'high profile' occassion that had regretably slid in recent times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:44 am

I think the FV made a cracking effort, a lot of work for something that only lasted 2 minutes, well done to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 pm

I hope that Remembrance Day is around for generations to come, when I see youngens doing things like this it gives me that that it will be.

If there was an appropriate time and ironically, Sir Rex Hunt died yesterday. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm

GOB wrote:
I hope that Remembrance Day is around for generations to come, when I see youngens doing things like this it gives me that that it will be.

If there was an appropriate time and ironically, Sir Rex Hunt died yesterday. RIP.

Only listening last night to his defiant broadcasts from Gov House Stanley during the invasion, without doubt a proper chap, RIP.

I do think some are a bit prissy about the observation of the minute, bottom line is a lot of people are either anti any thing military, anything GB or are simply not engaged at all with the issues. This process is foisted upon people in some of the least appropriate places in some very amateur ways, strangely I see a game at Gnome Park as being one of the more appropriate places and it is good to see some youngsters having a go at somethingt when most of them have little real appreciation its significance. For his sins my old man was on the Demport field gun crew and as with with a previous posters grandad was at the BoRP on the Achilles, I also lost family more recently in '82, I observe my respects in my own way at my own time, the fact that the leisure centre I was in yesterday made a pathetic attempt at observation yesterday which was duly ignored by most of those present was more a shame for the way it was presented than for the way in which a bunch of particularly unengaged people ignored it.

People that want to be pious should turn up to an organised event an observe it properly, not bitch because a load of others who don't buy into the concept can't be arsed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm

I am usually critical of most things to do with argyle these days, but that looks like a decent effort to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm

If you think that is a decent effort then i really do feel sorry for you. It's pathetic and as an ex servicemen its an insult too.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
If you think that is a decent effort then i really do feel sorry for you. It's pathetic and as an ex servicemen its an insult too.

'Pathetic' is a bit strong, Angry.

My first reaction from a semi-side-on view and wearing beer goggles was that it wasn't great, but that pic from the Barn Park actually shows it to be a fair effort.

The problem with these sort of visuals, is that they're only really hugely impressive when you have a full stand, everyone takes part, and they all hold their card at the same height and angle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

My first reaction from a semi-side-on view and wearing beer goggles was that it wasn't great, but that pic from the Barn Park actually shows it to be a fair effort.

The problem with these sort of visuals, is that they're only really hugely impressive when you have a full stand, everyone takes part, and they all hold their card at the same height and angle.

It's all about the angle of the dangle, so I'm told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

It's all about the angle of the dangle, so I'm told.

We've all been there. :
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm an ex-serviceman also and for me the whole thing was well done on Saturday including the poppy. The fact that young people are even prepared to show some respect to previous generations should be enough to give some praise. They get kicked often enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 am

Don't forget either this is not just about our Grandfathers, I lost two school friends in the Falklands war, I dare say the FV could name schoolfriends of theirs who have died in Afghanistan. This day of remembrance should be about trying to stop this pointless slaughter of our young men and women, we need to engage the youth of today, we have done that, they took time to do something, well done to them.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:31 pm

for what its worth heres my tuppence worth, poppies should be worn with pride and in remembrance of heroes (for that is what they were) who had NO CHOICE in whether they went to the front line

im not saying anyone should forget their pals/relatives that died in conflict after ww2, the difference is they were WORKING, whereas those that perished in ww1 and 2 had no choice.

So, i honooured the memory of my grandparents on Sunday, but i wont be remembering those in afghanistans opium war or iraqs oil skirmish.

the kids done good though with the poppy collage in the demport
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 pm

A teenager in a coffin is just that, working or not, pointless.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Iggy wrote:

Bit of a sweeping statement really, Iggy.

The reality of life today is that shit (and war) will happen. We're a fighting nation. Centuries of conflicts are testament to that. It is in our blood, quite literally.

Our governments will always involve our armed forces when and where they see fit. Some will see it as justified, some won't. Of course some people will see no conflict as ever necessary. That I'm afraid, is a complete detachment from reality.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Iggy wrote:

The reality of life today is that shit (and war) will happen. We're a fighting nation. Centuries of conflicts are testament to that. It is in our blood, quite literally.

Our governments will always involve our armed forces when and where they see fit. Some will see it as justified, some won't. Of course some people will see no conflict as ever necessary. That I'm afraid, is a complete detachment from reality.
Damn right squire, damn right!

The Kraut is a crafty foe; as soon as we stop using our might to police the globe there'll be faceless brown (h)uniforms landing upon our beaches; the Luftwaffe in our skies will have forged an Axis of Evil with the devious Irish and the god-damned Scots will be clambering over the wall and sacking Carlisle!

Thankfully we have brave English yeoman; sturdy, unflinching types raised across our shires ready to protect what is right and do what God Himself decrees.

For the Queen!
For St. George!
For God!
For England!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Damn right squire, damn right!

The Kraut is a crafty foe; as soon as we stop using our might to police the globe there'll be faceless brown (h)uniforms landing upon our beaches; the Luftwaffe in our skies will have forged an Axis of Evil with the devious Irish and the god-damned Scots will be clambering over the wall and sacking Carlisle!

Thankfully we have brave English yeoman; sturdy, unflinching types raised across our shires ready to protect what is right and do what God Himself decrees.

For the Queen!
For St. George!
For God!
For England!

I've no problem with that. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 pm

i see opinion is divided on this matter all the others say its good i say it isnt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lest we forget   lest we forget - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

lest we forget
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next