+2
Mock Cuncher
pepsipete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION Empty
PostSubject: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Just completing my postal ballot for the above, I may be the only voter so my vote could well be vital. Who should I vote for in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Don't vote for the white middle-aged male.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Is there a monster raving loon about? If not then we have a couple they can have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Vote for the candidate that can demonstrate some knowledge of policing issues, but more important, can also demonstrate that they aren't standing because there's an £85,000 salary attached to the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Oh poo. I'd have stood if I'd known that.

I think I've got the necessary knowledge (been arrested before) and skills (I'm really good at saying 'You're going DAHN, you SLAAAG'. And stuff like that.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:22 pm

I've only seen one person campaigning in my area, and he was quite charming to me and baby the other day while we were out shopping.

I said to him then that if I didn't see or hear from anyone else I would take it that nobody else was as interested in it as he was and he would get my vote.

Still haven't seen as much as a leaflet from anyone else. The only problem is this guy is a Conservative affraid but I'm as good as my word. If no-one else can be arsed to get the word out then how can you vote for them?

Worked for Hooper the snooper didn't it!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm

candidates standing on a non partizan manifesto, under the banner of political parties..what shite, you couoldnt make it up

vote tring
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Either way, let's hope he jumps on Brent for surrounding himself with thugs.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I would like to comment, but understand it to be a newly created offence (police officers expressing an opinion or having any contact with PCC candidates).
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 pm

It's an offence just to wake up these days.
I had to laugh at Theresa May's interview on Radio 4 this week... what a load of waffle. The Commisoner can sack the Chief Constable, but cannot influence policing policy apparently ? ... oh yea scratch lol!
How's that going to work then ? and how does one person subject to their own party political compass know more about the local community's needs than a whole group of people ? Another thinly disguised political push from the people who would take us back 150 years if they could.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 pm

We had the how to vote leaflet through the door the other day but no candidate details. The leaflet pointed towards [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for details. Each of the statements contains nothing that anybody reasonable could argue against so if we have nothing else to go by then the result is a complete lottery. There are Conservative, Lib Dem, Labour and UKIP sponsored candidates and 6 independents. The only one who stood out for me was the Labour one because she was the only woman and used bullet points and these are not the best of points on which to base a decision. What a complete waste of time and £85,ooo per year.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 pm

PP,

There's a couple of rubs, that being one of them.

It's 'interesting' to read the PCC's election statements, given that their role's not one to influence operational policing policy.

Personally, if I were a candidate, I would find it very difficult not to dabble in the operational side of policing if the retention of the role via the next vote would be better secured by doing so.

Anyway, we've (that's Devon & Cornwall) got more candidates - 10 - than any other area in the country.

See here for details of the ten: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some national predictions are estimating a less-than 20% turnout. I've not met anyone outside of my policing bubble who has any real understanding / interest, so turn-out will be a figure to watch.

There. Completely neutral observations.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Sorry Sir Frank - I posted over yours.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

No worries. Does anybody support this idea? What is the point of it if they can't influence operational policy?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 am

there wont be a box for 'no suitable candidate', so i wont be voting, as i said before, how can someone be independant AND stand under a party banner?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Don't Tell JonB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION   POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION Empty

Back to top Go down

POLICE COMMISSIONER ELECTION
Page 1 of 1