Thai green
GordonZola
Tringreen
Elias
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm

This is why people are turning their backs on this sad excuse of a football club.

Open yer feckin wallet Brent you've got plenty of cash going spare if you can afford to build a new grandstand.

Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Shameful and terrible news.

I feckin hope one of the positions to go is The President.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:25 pm

10 jobs at say 15-20k average is approximately £14,500 per month costs or 659 people paying £22.

Regardless as to the necessity or otherwise of the decision with Christmas coming it takes a heartless soul to not wait a couple of months.

Anyway who wants to volunteer to work in the club shop? ticket office? tidy the ground?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Oh that's OK then, thank God for that....tosser!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
10 jobs at say 15-20k average is approximately £14,500 per month costs or 659 people paying £22.

Regardless as to the necessity or otherwise of the decision with Christmas coming it takes a heartless soul to not wait a couple of months.

Anyway who wants to volunteer to work in the club shop? ticket office? tidy the ground?

And just a week or so after the announcement of (in The Supreme Leader's words) the biggest sponsorship deal in League 2 - The FES Devonport End. I wonder what that money's earmarked for? Maybe Snooper could stop searching the interweb for Savile jokes for long enough to ask?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm

It gets worse and worse. Are we sill in administration? Something has to be done! I don't mean just bucket rattling to pay the staff brent should be paying but a concerted and sustained effort to drive brent from the club. He is not fit to be involved in PAFC. The club is in the wrong hands. My sig is proving to be correct.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:39 pm

At least Hourihane has bought himself a new I-phone 5 to cheer himself up today!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:40 pm

The accuracy of Freathy's miserable ramblings is uncanny.

He's bang on again.

We have clearly not been saved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:43 pm

And Leigh Rapson obviously posted something scathing of the club, and then did a complete u-turn and announced it could be good news!

When questioned by Gareth Nicholson, the old Trust bashing Leigh Rapson has surfaced.

Coincidence Suspect ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm

I think that's more Leigh's unabashed dislike of Gareth surfacing. I imagine Gareth's used to it by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 pm

He posted a comment that was very condemning of today's actions, I'm guessing that he then received differing orders and he suddenly changed his stance.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I think that's more Leigh's unabashed dislike of Gareth surfacing. I imagine Gareth's used to it by now.

Meh. He's not PMing me asking me on behalf of Chris to remove a vaguely anti-Ridsdale post on pasoti, so our relationship has moved on to a much better phase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:50 pm

So what did the Devonport sponsorship money go on?

Probably paying for reinforced seats in the director's box or an extra trough to serve the halftime swill up in.

This club is a joke.

Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Meh. He's not PMing me asking me on behalf of Chris to remove a vaguely anti-Ridsdale post on pasoti, so our relationship has moved on to a much better phase.

no, indeed it was you that pm'd me!

No phone calls, no comments just a head thinking as oppsed to a heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

I remember Denis Healey once said that being attacked by Sir Geoffrey Howe was 'like being savaged by a dead sheep.'

I imagine that you harbour similar sentiments where Leigh Rapson's concerned lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm

SirCumfrance wrote:
The accuracy of Freathy's miserable ramblings is uncanny.

He's bang on again.

We have clearly not been saved.

All hail the Freathmeister,a modern day Nostradamus but far more accurate.

We are not worthy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 pm

James Brent wrote:
This is a big club and we will provide the financial support that it needs to get it back to the level at which it should perform.

By making staff redundant and sending the club out of the league so it can become a model of organic growth.

Feck off Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:09 pm

What a feckin joke Argyle has become, would this be the same staff who went months without pay to keep the club going? yes it feckin would Mr Brent get out of Argyle now!!

I wait for the spin that will be put on this by the chuckle brothers.

I now wish the club had folded rather than this slow painful death

And I hope they lose the next few games if it means Carl em err gets the elbow
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't think it's a result of Sunday. Surely this can't be the type of snap decision made overnight off the back of the loss of a potential what, £20k or so (bearing in mind half of it would go to the historical staff debt)?

I think it's something which has probably been in the offing longer than Sunday. Which makes it a lot worse in a way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Grumpy wrote:
I wait for the spin that will be put on this by the chuckle brothers.

I suspect that Ian Chuckle will be dusting down that photo he's got of the crowd outside the Civic Centre - the one he always wheels out when he wants to have a go at so-called stay away fans; 'Where are you now? If you supported the Greens this would never have happened.'

There's more chance of me getting Slimmer of the Year than there is of Ian and Chris Chuckle uttering a single word of public criticism of their benefactor.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Is'nt it time for protests now already, it is so feckin clear that Brent stepped in "to save Argyle" purely as an investment opportunity, what more proof do people need.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Gutted for them, just gutted. Why the feck did he give this statement out last Friday, it's rubbing in salt brent you heartless bastard.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 pm

If this goes through, I wonder if the pro-Brents (I'm 50:50) will still see him as honourable- presumably some of the 10 staff went 9-10 months without pay so the club could survive?

Why is money being wasted on pointless shite like the minimally used Family area, the Forza Verde committee and (its add ons), fireman helmets and the murals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm

He can shove his stand up Newell's arse as far as I am concerned.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Chris Webb wouldn't of sat back and stood for this before he sold out for a parking space.

Now he'll blindly bleat that it's all for the good of the club.

I await the "just be grateful you have a club to support" line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Redundancies at Argyle?
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next