Thai green
GordonZola
Tringreen
Elias
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Redundancies at Argyle? Empty
PostSubject: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shocking if true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm

This has to be a very, very sick joke?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm

if only the club was run by a wealthy man............

oh hang on !

disgraceful.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Seems to be correct!

I'm totally lost for words, unfuckingbelievable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Apparently there was a staff meeting this afternoon.

More info as I get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Talk about a bolt out of the blue!

Somehow this will be the fault of ATD! clown

Last edited by GOB on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Wait for it............... volunteers required to show how much they love the club.

Fan of the year brings her buckets to clean the place for free !

Like kids let loose in a sweet shop. Brent does understand the nature of the beast.

How village we have become.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Call out the Hogs of War!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm

GOB wrote:

That line alone deserves its own thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm

At this juncture, Tring, I'm more concerned for the staff losing their jobs a month before Christmas - the same staff whose sacrifices enabled Brent to have a club to buy in the first place - rather than what will come afterwards.

Meanwhile, in unrelated news, the plans to build a multi-million pound hotel and Grandstand continue to gather momentum.
Back to top Go down
GordonZola

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
At this juncture, Tring, I'm more concerned for the staff losing their jobs a month before Christmas - the same staff whose sacrifices enabled Brent to have a club to buy in the first place - rather than what will come afterwards.

Meanwhile, in unrelated news, the plans to build a multi-million pound hotel and Grandstand continue to gather momentum.

Spot on... and its un-fecking-believable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Can't wait to read the spin on this shit!
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Now we see the result of losing in the Cup, the income predicted has vanished. We all know who is to blame don't we Mr Fletcher ? Time to go ! I'm deeply sorry for anybody who as lost their jobs at Argyle , but the team on the park is poor, the results are bad, we are losing too many matches, fans want to see a team playing well, winning some games, putting in some effort. We are not doing this, home gates are falling, it's time for changes and we all know who that should be !
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Surely there must be a virtual skeleton staff there as it is, without more being shown the door?

At this rate there'll be one turnstile open for each stand soon.*

* thinking about it, with Fletch in charge, one turnstile will probably soon be all that's needed... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Thai green wrote:
Now we see the result of losing in the Cup, the income predicted has vanished. We all know who is to blame don't we Mr Fletcher ? Time to go ! I'm deeply sorry for anybody who as lost their jobs at Argyle , but the team on the park is poor, the results are bad, we are losing too many matches, fans want to see a team playing well, winning some games, putting in some effort. We are not doing this, home gates are falling, it's time for changes and we all know who that should be !

Yes Thai but if you have a professional football club depending on winning a cup match to keep away the redundancies then frankly, that club is in deep shit anyway!

Last edited by GOB on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

You can be as concerned as you like but you won't change anything unless you're going to run your own mugfest to pay their salaries .
It is this holier than thou attitude that has helped create the culture we now see at Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 pm

GOB wrote:
Thai green wrote:

Yes Thai but if you have a professional football club depending on winning a cup match to keep away the redundancies then frankly, that club is in deep shit anyway!

Yes agreed GOB, what I was trying to get over was the knock on effect. The club seem to be cutting back on people who work hard FOR the Club but not on those who are letting this Club down. But I also agree with your point re one match should not make a difference but that income would have helped, maybe not saved the jobs, but who knows what a financial mess Argyle's budget is in,I don't but the signs are there from previous comments from Brent. A sad day for some today.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 pm

this is the DIRECT result of losing on sunday.

with 6k supporters and we are still struggling for money then admin mark2 cant be far away ?

had we won on sunday then we would have accrued an extra 50k surely?

7 weeks before xmas too SHAMEFUL.

wonder what CW has to say about this or did he know about this and has made his cyber flounce look good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:04 pm

The feckin players ought to hang their heads in shame over this. Some of them are way, way, way overpaid, whatever wages they get. How the feck someone like Chadwick will be able to look the one's who have been made redundant this close to xmas is going to be interesting!

Still, hopefully the staff have a good union rep to help them get treated fairly.

Hold on though. Non playing staff? It could be xmas come early for the fans, but I doubt it.

I hope everyone has a good time at nikkks bash later this week. All with their snouts in the trough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm not exactly flush but if this is right I'll donate what I can.

This has made me feel ashamed of being an Argyle fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm

So Brent's plan to get the club back on its feet is to invest even less money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm

GOB wrote:

I would like to be a HOW. My fellow hogs are readying their burning torches and pitchforks.

Brent........get out of my club, and take your wieners with you.

I know it's been mentioned already but, just before Xmas? Fecking shameful. I feel so sorry for the staff losing their jobs, after all they have been through already!

Perhaps rich-boy Nikkkkkkkkkk can throw in a few quid? Oh, Hang on , there isn't an attention seeking Messi shirt to buy! Embarassed

Last edited by Schlumberger on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 pm

What a feckin joke this is.

So we've been saved have we? Have we feck.

Nothing but a cruel announcement to make a month before christmas, happy feckin christmas indeed.

"THERE IS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE" We've been conned, again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Another tweet on the subject from the same BBC journo in the OP:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Another tweet on the subject from the same BBC journo in the OP:

" NOT the start of a slide back to the dark days of 2011"

Ahhhh, I see. That's ok then Jimbo. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redundancies at Argyle?   Redundancies at Argyle? Empty

Back to top Go down

Redundancies at Argyle?
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next