Dougie
Damon.Lenszner
Pete1886
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Bored of Directors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:55 pm

I agree with Freathy on this - I just see James Brent as someone who came in, sorted out what he could and he got something in return. In all honesty, you can't blame the guy as he's an opportunistic business man. He'll get a prime development opportunity and we still have a club (yes, I know, that cliché). He'll also get a more solid foundation with the local council as he's the owner of the football team in Plymouth and local councils have to work together with local businesses and the football club is probably one of the bigger Plymouth businesses (there's not much more down here other than Wrigleys and the Dockyard). Chairmen come and go - we've had loads since I've supported the team.

I have no idea who I have in mind - Chris Dawson would be amazing but he's not likely to go stark raving mad and plough all his cash into the club. I'm not that up on local multi-millionaires as I tend to mix with old blokes in social clubs rather than the rich and famous. I'd be very encouraged if Richard Branson bought into the club and changed the name of the Devonport End to the Virgin Stand (it would be quite apt).

It is rumored that Chris is behind the buy out of the Plymouth Devils and its arena
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 am

This is who we had sat watching the game on Saturday in the Directors box.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The guy on the far right of the picture on the Rotherham side is one half of the Chuckle Brothers Very Happy

Chu-chu-chuckle vision, chu-chuckle vision! Doo doo, doo doo, doo doo, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah! Chu-chu-chuckle vision, chu-chuckle vision...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:52 am

hairy j wrote:
This is who we had sat watching the game on Saturday in the Directors box.

The guy on the far right of the picture on the Rotherham side is one half of the Chuckle Brothers Very Happy

Chu-chu-chuckle vision, chu-chuckle vision! Doo doo, doo doo, doo doo, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah! Chu-chu-chuckle vision, chu-chuckle vision...

You could really have a field day with a caption competition here.

And if anyone was under any illusions about Ian Newell having an executive directors role or whatever it's called. Love the smart Argyle tie too, makes him look every bit the respectable gentleman. Just a shame he's giving out people's e-mail addresses behind the scenes, so his son can threaten people with violence.

Even the Kray twins looked smart.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 am

Is Newell a director of any sort, is probably the first question that Andy Symons should ask as a rep of the trust.

I ain't holding my breath...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:09 am

Rickler wrote:

Is Newell a director of any sort, is probably the first question that Andy Symons should ask as a rep of the trust.

I ain't holding my breath...

Do you think he would be given an answer?

Of course he is. Only he must have been told to not brag about it, or is ashamed to reveal the truth because of the backlash.

Would make a good Herald story "Argyle Director in e-mail violence threat to Argyle fan scandal" If only the Herald would be prepared to piss James Brent off. And there could be a follow up, "Argyle Director in e-mail violence scandal, had previously ordered computer virus attack on fellow fan"

Both have a certain ring to them, but not as much as "Argyle Director in whore, slag and paedophile slur on fellow fans".

There really are so many to choose from. We ought to have a competition to see who can compose the best shocking headline, and then e-mail them all to The Herald anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:12 am

Argyle Director once stole apples from a tree that wasn't in his parents garden when he was seven years old shocker!

Ian's also made a massive faux pas there with his shirt. You should never wear a shirt with a front pocket with a suit jacket. I like their lanyards though. I am sure that Barry and Paul are giving Ian some sound advice on how to manage/direct a business - the last time I saw them, Barry ended up dropping a bucket of water on Paul's head from the top of a step-ladder and then he fell over backwards - they ended up being chased off the grounds of the mansion they were cleaning the windows of by a posh bloke in tweed and gators.

Skip to 8:11... very apt Smile

Skip to 16:50 too to watch then actually playing for Rotherham... I need to go to work and stop watching the Chuckle Brothers on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 am

There is nothing wrong with the Chuckle Brothers hairy.

They are my boyhood heroes!!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:35 am

I was called a racist on pasoti (by a poster called "Justin") for calling N'Gala and Reda Johnson the Chuckle Brothers. How and why I do not know (the pasoti mods could not understand the connection either and dealt with the situation extremely well).
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:50 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I was called a racist on pasoti (by a poster called "Justin") for calling N'Gala and Reda Johnson the Chuckle Brothers. How and why I do not know (the pasoti mods could not understand the connection either and dealt with the situation extremely well).

Maybe he thought you said 'Jungle Brothers' ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 am

Greenjock wrote:
Would make a good Herald story "Argyle Director in e-mail violence threat to Argyle fan scandal" If only the Herald would be prepared to piss James Brent off. And there could be a follow up, "Argyle Director in e-mail violence scandal, had previously ordered computer virus attack on fellow fan"

Both have a certain ring to them, but not as much as "Argyle Director in whore, slag and paedophile slur on fellow fans".

There really are so many to choose from. We ought to have a competition to see who can compose the best shocking headline, and then e-mail them all to The Herald anyway Very Happy

Better yet, how about an open letter (with lots of signatures) about the whole situation?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 am

Peggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Better yet, how about an open letter (with lots of signatures) about the whole situation?

I'm in, if you are ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:44 am

Peggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 am

I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:50 am

Could be a very long letter though!
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 am

GOB wrote:
Could be a very long letter though!

GJ's good at typing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:21 am

I'm in but I do think someone else should compose it, despite the glowing reference from sir cumfrance, as I'm pretty sure that scumbags, cnuts, wankers and fucktards are not exactly going to endear us to the editor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 am

I'm also in, but i'm not the most articulate when it comes to writing pieces like that.

I'd use the word feck too much lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:02 pm

You could draft something, Jock, then get some boring, sensible person to edit it before getting agreement from all the signatories.

(Innit)
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Who do we know who's really good at writing copy and editing and well, speaking eloquently?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 am

Womble wrote:
If James Brent does not have enough money to invest, he should be looking to recruit outside investment. It can only benefit the club as far as I can see.

He could always look towards....... JAPAN..........let's go full circle.....you know it makes sense........kamikaze time everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 am

I'm not naming names and I'm not quoting people as I think it would be wrong to do so but not everything is rosy in the garden of the inner circle. Cracks are appearing amongst those who most of you view as the forces of darkness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am

hairy j wrote:
I'm not naming names and I'm not quoting people as I think it would be wrong to do so but not everything is rosy in the garden of the inner circle. Cracks are appearing amongst those who most of you view as the forces of darkness.

In other news, the Pope is believed to be Catholic, and Bears are appearing to defecate in the woods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:56 am

Oh, you are a hairy tease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 am

The wheels are falling from the wagon Laughing

The numbers of "freaks and weirdos" who tell "libel" are growing by the day lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next