Tringreen
Dougie
Damon.Lenszner
Pete1886
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 am

Pasoti has managed to actually create a thread that steps outside of the "I've got a big new green flag" and "New song for away matches" topic and I thought it would be of interest on here, ATD.

Rich man Nikkkkkkkkk seems to be showing an interest in saving the club once again, and maybe a position in the boardroom and has asked if other wealthy "locals" maybe interested.

Webb, predictably, has suggested that this Board of Directors be made up of wealthy people and also people with "skills". I wonder who he has in mind, Hooper the pooper scooper, Newell of Flicker fame? Or himself, a great deliverer of football clubs to wealthy developers, a Mini Me wannabee of Ridsdale?

James is impressed with Nikkkk, according to Ian, bless him, he's still not lacking in the name dropping ego trip. Anyway, nice to see you posting regularly again Ian, pasoti really does need you at the moment so once you have finished boosting ATD's numbers you should concentrate once again on your own forum. How about creating threads to discuss what you have already discussed "behind the scenes" just to prepare the ground and hoodwink the fans into thinking that it's their ideas? Just an idea like.

The PASB seems to have died a death so maybe there's another way to deliver a watchful eye for the fans, so who would we on ATD like to see in the Boardroom up at Home Park with the skills to run a football club? I know it's unlikely, but can we find anyone more qualified and skilled then Ian and Chris?

Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:30 am

I noticed that thread is from November 2011 and it's been bumped back up.

Wonder if Nikkkk ever did approach Brent, maybe he did and thats why the auctions went the way they did.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:32 am

It has to be left to rot or the PASB would have lost the limelight, now it's back to Plan B again.

Over to you Damon!
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:37 am

Maybe this is why the car park was stolen from the club quicker than a pack of bacon from Tesco's? The wealthy investors can then bankroll our James club, without any fear of any profit for themselves.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 am

It does make interesting reading when you look back at what was said back in November and what has happened since.

FES have invested quite a bit lately including the latest on the Devonport End. Maybe Brent told Nikkkkk that there wasn't a space on the board but he could invest in other ways.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:48 am

Maybe when JB gets bored with developing car parks etc Nikkk will get the club for the price of a Messi shirt. I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers for chairman, after all they know where the directors' car park and box is.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:53 am

GOB wrote:
It has to be left to rot or the PASB would have lost the limelight, now it's back to Plan B again.

Over to you Damon!

Dont worry GOB, Tony will be back tomorrow and he will put PASB back to the top of the agenda.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:53 am

Pete1886 wrote:
Maybe when JB gets bored with developing car parks etc Nikkk will get the club for the price of a Messi shirt. I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers for chairman, after all they know where the directors' car park and box is.

My fear is that this is closer to the truth than many of us would like.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 am

I demand my credit. Hooper the Snooper would be proud of me for finding (remembering) that thread.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 am

Dougie wrote:
I demand my credit. Hooper the Snooper would be proud of me for finding (remembering) that thread.

credit to Dougie
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 am

Huzzah cheers
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Pete1886 wrote:

My fear is that this is closer to the truth than many of us would like.

Ever since the 2 faced one left this forum quicker than a quick thing, it was quite apparent to me that he had been nudged and winked by some, not all, of the contingency bunch who smelt a prospective owner who wasn't that bothered about a football club, and might just let them all but run the club along with the encumbent staff. By and large, I believe this has been happening, and is set to increase as feet are paked under tables. And with an asset-less club with rather large future debt obligations, it would not take a fortune to get together a small wallet consortium and elbow your way into preferred purchaser position once the owner really gets football, and understands it's probably even more crass than he had imagined.
The personal desires of these people are only threatened by a fully functioning and popular fans' Trust, the sort of body that is becoming more and more a preferred ownership model for the smaller clubs. But not in backwater Plymouth, it appears, if the puppets can help it.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 am

GOB wrote:
Pasoti has managed to actually create a thread that steps outside of the "I've got a big new green flag" and "New song for away matches" topic and I thought it would be of interest on here, ATD.

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011
nikkk wrote:
I know to date I have just been here mucking about with auctions and stuff but for some time it has been on my mind to discuss that going forward and particularly following the feeling following last nights game, maybe the way forward would be to step back several years, and I appreciate not perhaps relevant with todays "big clubs" with "big owners" but we as a club should put together a board of directors with maybe 6 or 7 Directors all of whom can offer personal substantial bank gurantees or lump sums and thus move into safety with the budget to" buy" safety from "disaster" James has already made it clear what his limits are but perhaps there are are a few that could do this. I personally do not think it would take a busting amount of cash to buy safety. Anyway would be delighted to help personally and surely there are a few other genuine Devon/Cornwall business people who could form a board. Ok maybe not suitable for the big time but sufficient to ensure league survival ? Maybe talking nonsense and perhaps I should just bid on shirts but cant help feeling this is the way to go today !

The post date, as mentioned earlier in this thread, is relevant. GOB, I genuinely think you missed how old the thread is. Damon Lenszner has bumped it and I think he's done that for a reason - he's a clever old stoat is Damon.

After the plans have been done and passed, after the building starts and after all the contracts for the leisure facilities are signed up, I genuinely and 100% believe that James Brent will reduce himself to being a minority share-holder.

He's tried already to get the Trust to own a 20% share - I can't see that ever happening and the £400k offer was light years from what they could raise.

They need four or five people on board with cash. I cannot see anyone with cash allowing two supporters in Chris Webb and Ian Newell to sit on a board for free - and another thing, I doubt either of them would want to sit on a board either. They both have motivations completely independent of the other. From what I know and have been told (from the horse's mouth form both), Chris Webb is a man who doesn't like to see injustice and he stood up for what he believed in and loved at the time but he's got other crusades in life to follow and I am sure he only saw his role as a temporary fix rather than a long term solution. Ian Newell likes the social side and the Fan Fests and the auctions and the hospitality side of Argyle. He's Argyle's very own Ted Bovis.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will say though (for the millionth time) that Ian Newell and Chris Webb are very different people and I wish people on here and pasoti didn't always put them in the same basket.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:03 am

hairy j wrote:
GOB wrote:

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011
nikkk wrote:
I know to date I have just been here mucking about with auctions and stuff but for some time it has been on my mind to discuss that going forward and particularly following the feeling following last nights game, maybe the way forward would be to step back several years, and I appreciate not perhaps relevant with todays "big clubs" with "big owners" but we as a club should put together a board of directors with maybe 6 or 7 Directors all of whom can offer personal substantial bank gurantees or lump sums and thus move into safety with the budget to" buy" safety from "disaster" James has already made it clear what his limits are but perhaps there are are a few that could do this. I personally do not think it would take a busting amount of cash to buy safety. Anyway would be delighted to help personally and surely there are a few other genuine Devon/Cornwall business people who could form a board. Ok maybe not suitable for the big time but sufficient to ensure league survival ? Maybe talking nonsense and perhaps I should just bid on shirts but cant help feeling this is the way to go today !

The post date, as mentioned earlier in this thread, is relevant. GOB, I genuinely think you missed how old the thread is. Damon Lenszner has bumped it and I think he's done that for a reason - he's a clever old stoat is Damon.

After the plans have been done and passed, after the building starts and after all the contracts for the leisure facilities are signed up, I genuinely and 100% believe that James Brent will reduce himself to being a minority share-holder.

He's tried already to get the Trust to own a 20% share - I can't see that ever happening and the £400k offer was light years from what they could raise.

They need four or five people on board with cash. I cannot see anyone with cash allowing two supporters in Chris Webb and Ian Newell to sit on a board for free - and another thing, I doubt either of them would want to sit on a board either. They both have motivations completely independent of the other. From what I know and have been told (from the horse's mouth form both), Chris Webb is a man who doesn't like to see injustice and he stood up for what he believed in and loved at the time but he's got other crusades in life to follow and I am sure he only saw his role as a temporary fix rather than a long term solution. Ian Newell likes the social side and the Fan Fests and the auctions and the hospitality side of Argyle. He's Argyle's very own Ted Bovis.

I will say though (for the millionth time) that Ian Newell and Chris Webb are very different people and I wish people on here and pasoti didn't always put them in the same basket.

I have a lot of time for you usually Hairy but lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 am

Forgive me if I have mentioned my observations once or twice before but I , like Penz, remember the Windsor boys announcing 'the future' of the club, shortly after looking James Brent in the eyes and hearing what they so wanted to hear.
One reported proudly that, 'Now that I [I mean the Green Army] have saved the club, I [I mean we] have the chance to run it. The other reported that, 'There will be no walleted directors'[ but I and other loyal deepthroat types will get the box seats.]

It looks very much like we will all get the sort of lower/non league club that those two deserve.

Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 am

If James Brent does not have enough money to invest, he should be looking to recruit outside investment. It can only benefit the club as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 am

Womble wrote:
If James Brent does not have enough money to invest, he should be looking to recruit outside investment. It can only benefit the club as far as I can see.

He's probably waiting to see if his jamboys and their mates, having been awarded silly hats n titles, can deliver the successful club they promised [and pay off his debts at the same time of course], so he can sell up[pass on the baton] and make a nice little profit.
If that doesn't look like happening, then of course, welcoming in walleted directors would be the next move. That nice James Brent really has these people sussed.
I shall henceforth refer to these types through their group name, 'souvlaki'................. pigs on sticks.Cholwell/Hooper being the latest recruit.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:35 am

I'm glad Damon bumped that thread, it has reminded me of what a club for mates PAFC has become.

I can understand Damon having an interest, he's the only one that has any experience at running a football club after all, but I bet "they" would prefer to leave him on the side line!

And Hairy, well I think you're so far out that that Voyager wouldn't be able to catch you. Just what I have read on these forums tells me all that I need to know about Webb, as for Newell, well.........
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:31 am

Greenjock wrote:
hairy j wrote:
GOB wrote:

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011
nikkk wrote:

I have a lot of time for you usually Hairy but lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

At the time - the bit in bold is past tense. At the time, he did an awful lot of good for the cause - even you have to admit that. I'm not sure what he really does any longer and I don't honestly think he's putting his skills to good use being a President; he seems to have become almost a blogger on the official site and just linking to stuff other people are doing.

It's clear we will need something to change in the long term as the club itself needs some investment in the playing staff and the coaching staff if they're likely to get out of the bottom two leagues. If you asked James Brent if he is that person, I think (again, I don't know 100%) he'd probably tell you he wasn't - he certainly isn't going to sink as much cash into the club as Dan McAuley did when Shilton was here.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 am

"Chris Webb is a man who doesn't like to see injustice."
Very much the present tense, hairy.
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:52 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

That bit is and I'd stand by it from my experience of him - I can only speak as I find.

I'd rather have someone like Chris Webb involved in the club than some 'outsider' who sees the club as something other than a football team.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 am

Like brent
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 am

hairy j wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

That bit is and I'd stand by it from my experience of him - I can only speak as I find.

I'd rather have someone like Chris Webb involved in the club than some 'outsider' who sees the club as something other than a football team.

Who do you have in mind, hairy?
Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 am

Freathy wrote:
Like brent

Andy_Symons wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Who do you have in mind, hairy?

I agree with Freathy on this - I just see James Brent as someone who came in, sorted out what he could and he got something in return. In all honesty, you can't blame the guy as he's an opportunistic business man. He'll get a prime development opportunity and we still have a club (yes, I know, that cliché). He'll also get a more solid foundation with the local council as he's the owner of the football team in Plymouth and local councils have to work together with local businesses and the football club is probably one of the bigger Plymouth businesses (there's not much more down here other than Wrigleys and the Dockyard). Chairmen come and go - we've had loads since I've supported the team.

I have no idea who I have in mind - Chris Dawson would be amazing but he's not likely to go stark raving mad and plough all his cash into the club. I'm not that up on local multi-millionaires as I tend to mix with old blokes in social clubs rather than the rich and famous. I'd be very encouraged if Richard Branson bought into the club and changed the name of the Devonport End to the Virgin Stand (it would be quite apt).
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:02 pm

surely the only way to make money from owning a club is to lend it vast sums of cash at preferential interest rates........or hope you can buy some land the club has for 'redevelopment'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bored of Directors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored of Directors   Bored of Directors Empty

Back to top Go down

Bored of Directors
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next