Greenskin
Mock Cuncher
Freathy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Far Canal Argyle

Sack Reid.....now!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sack Reid.....now!!!!!   Sack Reid.....now!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:22 am

X Isle wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Maybe Reid is hanging on because he knows that if he leaves he will never work again as a manager in England. His reputation is already tarnished and we would be the final nail in his coffin. If he sticks with us and maybe takes us up a division or two his reputation will be restored.
That's the side i'd come down on. Desperation mixed with a little old fashioned integrity.

I agree with GOB, it does seem strange he'd pay the bills knowing his boss, whose responsibility it is to pay the bills, was taking £20k pcm. However I just can't see him being part of the bidding process when Ridsdale seemingly spends the whole game, loud as you like, slagging him off.      
Arch manipulator keeping his option open. Everyone knows I am backing Peter Reid. Everyone at the ground has seen me slagging that useless fecker Reid.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 31)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sack Reid.....now!!!!!   Sack Reid.....now!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Far Canal Argyle wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Maybe Reid is hanging on because he knows that if he leaves he will never work again as a manager in England. His reputation is already tarnished and we would be the final nail in his coffin. If he sticks with us and maybe takes us up a division or two his reputation will be restored.
That's the side i'd come down on. Desperation mixed with a little old fashioned integrity.

I agree with GOB, it does seem strange he'd pay the bills knowing his boss, whose responsibility it is to pay the bills, was taking £20k pcm. However I just can't see him being part of the bidding process when Ridsdale seemingly spends the whole game, loud as you like, slagging him off.      
Arch manipulator keeping his option open. Everyone knows I am backing Peter Reid. Everyone at the ground has seen me slagging that useless fecker Reid.

Not that I would read such a thing but wasn't Ridsdale less than complimentary about reid in his book? I suspect Reid is attempting to ride this out in the hope that either things get better and he can actually do the job without his hands tied behind his back (unlikely) or wait until Ridsdale gives him his cards and he can go after the club for cthe wages due to him and the balance of his contract (probable).

Shades of the last days of Sturrock, not prepared to walk away and miss out on monie due to him.

I also don't think another job will be a problem either, either Pulis will give him his job back or someone else from the old boys network will ask to do something.

I'm still certain that this is where he wants to be however and still think he is about the best we can reasonably expect as a manager.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 28)
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Sack Reid.....now!!!!!   Sack Reid.....now!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Far Canal Argyle wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Fair point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sack Reid.....now!!!!!   Sack Reid.....now!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sack Reid.....now!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2