Greenskin
tcm
mouldyoldgoat
VillageGreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Dorchester Away - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
I'm already preparing t-shirts and silly hats/scarfs to be sold marking this great occasion.

Dam fv1886 how dare they be so young

Half Argyle half Dorchester scarf? You just know it will happen.

I would be disappointed if they didnt
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Just had a look at the Conference South table and Dorchester are currently sitting in 4th position,which is much higher than Stourbridge occupied last season.This is not going to be an easy game for Argyle,notwithstanding that we probably have a better side now than last year.I'd take a draw and a replay without hesitation from this game,makes oi feel proper uneasy,it do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:09 pm

We will be out in the first round....as per usual
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I might take this one in. There's a direct train for me. Must arrange a freak meet and say hi to all our friends from across the road Very Happy

Hooper the Snooper will almost certainly be there with his chufty hat and badge.

"Tonight the Snooper Hoopers torch is gonna find you
Shining like the sun
(Snoop-p-per, Hoop-p-per)
Smiling having fun
(Snoop-p-per, Hoop-p-per)
Feeling like a number 1"

I like this Razz I see he's already facing questions in The Herald about his role on the PASB

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:30 pm

knecht wrote:
And the scarf thing was such a good idea I've started knitting one already.
Talking of 'knitting', does anyone else remember when Een Nool referred to ATers as 'yoghurt knitters'?

Thems were the daze.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Will the T shirt and silly hat have a logo "Sponsored by ATD Ambasador" on it?

Our record against this kind of side isn't great over the past decade and it must be a potential banana skin match so the TV could well be interested. I hate this kind of match because Argyle as with any league side are on a hiding to nothing before they start. Win and it's you should do easily and lose and you are giant killing fodder. No plaudits either way. By the time this match is played we could be in the top 4 as well...........
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Not a bad draw. Travelling time to Dorchester isn't too outrageous. And I suppose it's a potential live TV game on ITV - I think Dorchester are about 4th in Blue Square South so it may be viewed (by TV executives as well as a sizeable rump of opinion on ATD) as a potential shock. Add in the atmosphere that'll undoubtedly be created by a decent amount of support from the Green Army, and hey presto, Sunday lunchtime on ITV it is.

This tie will not be on the box,as there are other more interesting ties they will pick from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm

We're far better than we were last season playing Stourbridge, but we could hardly be any worse!

I think it's a cracking draw really for both sides. Guaranteed sell-out and not too far for Argyle fans to travel.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Will the T shirt and silly hat have a logo "Sponsored by ATD Ambasador" on it?

Our record against this kind of side isn't great over the past decade and it must be a potential banana skin match so the TV could well be interested. I hate this kind of match because Argyle as with any league side are on a hiding to nothing before they start. Win and it's you should do easily and lose and you are giant killing fodder. No plaudits either way. By the time this match is played we could be in the top 4 as well...........

Feck me Sense i'm all for a bit of optimism but you do realise the game is due to take place THIS year don't you lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah not a bad draw, I think I'll go.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 pm

I was going to say tongue in cheek highwayman until I noticed your avatar turning round.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I was going to say tongue in cheek highwayman until I noticed your avatar turning round.

Not a nice thought Sense.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 am

Greenskin wrote:
Just had a look at the Conference South table and Dorchester are currently sitting in 4th position,which is much higher than Stourbridge occupied last season.This is not going to be an easy game for Argyle,notwithstanding that we probably have a better side now than last year.I'd take a draw and a replay without hesitation from this game,makes oi feel proper uneasy,it do.

Stourbridge were in the division lower than dorchester are in, just shows how bad we were back then.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 am

Dont forget Mc Donald, Madjo & Griffiths (LB) wont be eligable to play so we may have to settle for squeezing through........Argyles reliance on the lona system is there for all to see especially intreagueing as its solely extra income for the clb to stay in the FA Cup as long as possible.

As for ITV AFC Wimbledon cup winners in 1988 ! not bad considering they didnt exist unitl 2002. Suspect

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 am

Is Mad Joe cup tied though, or refusal by his club to let him play?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 am

I think Griffith's loan says that he will be available for all cup games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:10 am

Iggy wrote:

How can he be cup-tied? It's the 1st round! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Iggy wrote:

How can he be cup-tied? It's the 1st round! lol!

Clubs we get most of our players from have played in the preliminary rounds I guess ?

Where did Mad Joe come from anyway ? I'm naaaaat a praaaaaaper faaaan and wouldn't know......................... thank god.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:44 am

Relegation threatened the mighty Aldershot.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 am

ZYPH wrote:
Relegation threatened the mighty Aldershot.

and the manager do not want him back
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Good tie.

A great chance for journeymen part time footballers with no hope of making it at a higher level to play against Dorchester....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:23 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Good tie.

A great chance for journeymen part time footballers with no hope of making it at a higher level to play against Dorchester....

Ooooer! Controversial!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 pm

knecht wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Good tie.

Ooooer! Controversial!

Sean does like playing to his audience...
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Someone had to make the joke Andy, seeing as none of the regulars stepped forward...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Welcome to the dark side PP lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorchester Away   Dorchester Away - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorchester Away
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next