Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 am

Are the local papers listening to us?

Danny Salman

SOMETHING has got to be done about the consistency in Plymouth Argyle's team now, because we don't want another season struggling against relegation like we had last season.

In fact, if we don't get our home league form together and start winning games, then we're going to be stuck in the bottom third of the table and trying to get out all season.

People keep saying to me that our away form is better than our home form.

Well, it shouldn't be like that and the fact is that we have won once at home and once away in the league so far.

What has struck me is that the team play well as a team for 20 minutes, or maybe half an hour, then they don't play very well at all.

I must be honest and say that only against Southend (a 2-2 draw) in the first half, have we really looked good.

We desperately need consistency, which brings me to another topic which I shall be expanding on in the near future.

I was delighted with the Aldershot win in the Johnstone Paint Trophy at Home Park the other night.

All right, it wasn't a league game, but it was good to get a win, because it lifts morale.

What impressed me more, though, was the performance of some the club's young players.

Joe Lennox (who made both goals) was my player of the match.

There are other youngsters who have been brought through the club who could benefit from being given a run-out when we have a lot of injured players – as we did against Aldershot.

To my mind, it's no use keeping them at the club unless you're going to use them.

People may say that they're not ready yet, but the only way they are going to get ready is if they are given a chance.

What we need to see happen is for the younger players to be given a run in the first team.

If they're not quite up to it, then you're soon going to find out.

Then you can give them a rest for another time.

The point is, the only way they're going to learn is by giving them a good run in the team, maybe five or six games.

It's difficult for a manager, I know. In these results-driven days, it's very difficult for any manager to take a risk with a young player.

But we've got some good young players, players like Lennox, and Matt Lecointe.

It's no good raving about them, then not playing them.

Give them a chance, then perhaps we wouldn't have to rely on quite so many loan players.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 am

I don't know what ATD's equivalent to The Order of Lenin is, but whatever it is, Danny Salman should be the first recipient. Another good opinion piece, which will doubtless have the self-appointed fans' leaders frothing at the mouth and calling for him to be strung up from the nearest lamp-post, Mussolini-style.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:12 am

To my mind it's right and it's wrong.
This season we have played Young and Hourihane two youngsters in midfield and as nice a footballers as they can be they are too lightweight. They are just not strong enough and any successful Argyle team in the past has always had a strong backbone and they just don't provide it.
My point is it's ok blooding youngsters but they have to be physically capable of holding their own in this division or we are just going to get overrun in a lot of games.
Show me an 18 year old Jock Morrison lookalike but not another good footballing lightweight.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
I don't know what ATD's equivalent to The Order of Lenin is, but whatever it is, Danny Salman should be the first recipient. Another good opinion piece, which will doubtless have the self-appointed fans' leaders frothing at the mouth and calling for him to be strung up from the nearest lamp-post, Mussolini-style.

Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am

Danny Salman

SOMETHING has got to be done about the consistency in Plymouth Argyle's team now, because we don't want another season struggling against relegation like we had last season.

In fact, if we don't get our home league form together and start winning games, then we're going to be stuck in the bottom third of the table and trying to get out all season

No Shit Sherlock cheers
Back to top Go down

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am

Give this man a medal....Webb/Newell and their associated nest of Vipers wanting Salman silenced.
I read all of Danis articles that he writes and every single one of them rings true.
Back to top Go down

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Give this man a medal....Webb/Newell and their associated nest of Vipers wanting Salman silenced.
I read all of Danis articles that he writes and every single one of them rings true.

Free speech is a right not a privileged i say
Back to top Go down

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Andy the Commie performing again i see lol! lol!

Dont know why he alludes to his left wing leanings on most of his posts, but i will say that his Trotsky ideals have been tried, and have collapsed every time.
Pedantry aside, the experiment has been done. It failed economically. It failed militarily. It failed morally. Time to move on.
Back to top Go down

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Whatever happened to Leon Trotsky, he got an ice-pick that made his ears burn.

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Our (The Mighty Grecians) away form is better than our home form, so why worry? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Andy the Commie performing again i see lol! lol!

Dont know why he alludes to his left wing leanings on most of his posts, but i will say that his Trotsky ideals have been tried, and have collapsed every time.
Pedantry aside, the experiment has been done. It failed economically. It failed militarily. It failed morally. Time to move on.

And this from the 'man' who was suspended from ATD for trolling it with Nazi propaganda, and who used the British Union of Fascists symbol as his avatar. Says it all about you, really.
Back to top Go down

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Now stop getting personal Andy.
I explained long ago and many times since that the "propaganda" as you melodramatically put it was the result of a debate with Cerbs over De Canio/his fascist leanings and managerial ability...nothing to do with me personally, and since Cerbs is no longer here to comment we should just leave it at that.

I tell you again
the experiment has been done. It failed economically. It failed militarily. It failed morally. Time to move on.

Theres a good lad.
Basketball

Back to top Go down

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Whatever you say, Heinreich.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Time for straight talking (again), the question is...Is anybody listening?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Time for straight talking (again), the question is...Is anybody listening?

The good thing Charlie, is that the Herald/WMNews are giving Danis Salman column inches to say what many of us are, and have been, feeling for months.

Whether Brent is listening I don't know. But the Salman column, along with a semi-critical piece by Errington recently, will be indicating to him and any other would-be decision makers at HP, that the natives are getting very restless. The boo's at half-time on saturday were the loudest I've heard this season.

If the shit home results continue, there will be unrest in the stands. No half-arsed shouting down by the spotty Forza oiks will be able to censor it, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Straight Talking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Straight Talking   Straight Talking Empty

Back to top Go down

Straight Talking
Page 1 of 1