Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

4 Games in..... Empty
PostSubject: 4 Games in.....   4 Games in..... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Makes a nice change to be posting something about football.

So, 4 games into the new season and it's not looking good. Easily beaten in 3 of the 4 games, including a 2-0 defeat by AFC Wimbledon, a club who, not so long ago were 7 or 8 leagues below us.

A team made up largely of untried kids, who are playing some nice football, but seriously lacking in experience and who are very, very shaky at the back. We don't look like winning a game, and we'll probably be in the bottom 2 pretty soon.

I remember when we were bottom of the football league when Warnock was in charge, but we knew that it wouldn't last. We had the money, he bought in experienced, good players at this level and we went up.

This time? I can't see it getting any better any time soon. Are we really going to fall out of the league?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

4 Games in..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 Games in.....   4 Games in..... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 pm

We live in interesting times, lets see what develops, carry a big stick and keep whistling in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

4 Games in..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 Games in.....   4 Games in..... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:36 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

So, 4 games into the new season and it's not looking good. Easily beaten in 3 of the 4 games, including a 2-0 defeat by AFC Wimbledon, a club who, not so long ago were 7 or 8 leagues below us.

A team made up largely of untried kids, who are playing some nice football, but seriously lacking in experience and who are very, very shaky at the back. We don't look like winning a game, and we'll probably be in the bottom 2 pretty soon.

I remember when we were bottom of the football league when Warnock was in charge, but we knew that it wouldn't last. We had the money, he bought in experienced, good players at this level and we went up.

This time? I can't see it getting any better any time soon. Are we really going to fall out of the league?

If we don't it is because there are two terrible, terrible teams other than ourselves who we happen to pip in the last week or two. Perhaps we'll survive because someone else gets deducted points! That'd be funny. Ish. Maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

4 Games in..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 Games in.....   4 Games in..... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:44 pm

It's totally inconceivable that there can be two worse teams than Argyle, or even one worse. We're so shit it's actually comical.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

4 Games in..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 Games in.....   4 Games in..... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:24 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Exactly right about previous bad starts.They bear no relation to the current situation and unless Reid is allowed to sign at least four competent,experienced professionals,i can't see the situation changing.The football is ,at times,very easy on the eye,quite possibly the best since Shilts was in charge in terms of pure football,but the team is very fragile in mentality,which is no surprise bearing in mind the callow years of the majority of the players and shortage of options within the squad.I don't blame the players or Reid,this situation is purely and simply a result of at least four years of gross incompetence or personal greed,depending on your point of view.To think that it was only four years ago that we reached as high as fourth in the CCC,before Wallet and the boys sold us down the river.What a waste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4 Games in..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 Games in.....   4 Games in..... Empty

Back to top Go down

4 Games in.....
Page 1 of 1