+2
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Possible new manager Empty
PostSubject: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Made up my mind today,Fletcher must go.Only one man to do the job as far as i'm concerned and that would be Steve Cotterill.Don't really like him or his football but he would be well capable of doing the job,has been successful previously both in this division and in fighting relegation battles,which is what we'll be in very soon.I made this point on PASOTI and someone said he wouldn't drop into the fourth division but [and maybe it's a McCarthyesque big but] if the club was run properly and with appropriate finance and ambition,Argyle should be a very appealing job to anyone looking to rebuild their careers-second biggest gate in the division today.Other managers such as McGhee,Sturrock,Adams,Boothroyd etc have been second division managers and were prepared to take the step back in order to move forward again,why would that not apply to Cotterill?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm not a fan of Cotterill's but I would take him over Fletcher like a shot.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:00 pm

I would take anyone over Fletcher - even Jock! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I would take anyone over Fletcher - even Jock! Very Happy

Now there's a pre-match team talk I'd like to hear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Cotterill for me, I don't like his football but he wouldn't take any sh#t and is exactly what we need.

I'm sure he was shortlisted before when Reid got the nod?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Like many others, I can't stand Cotterill. But at least he has some sort of managerial pedigree.

Problem is, I just can't see Brent sacking Fletcher. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Cotterill is a cock knocker of the highest order, he has no interest in football, no interest in youth development; all he is interested in is shit football and paying shit footballers loads of money. He was shit at Pompey and he was shit at Forest.

In fact he is just shit!

I would rather Webb was manager than him.

To summerise it's a no from me.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 pm

There was a time when I'd be horrified at the thought of Cotterill at Argyle. Now, however........
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:57 pm

I would take David Cameron over Carl Fletcher , we would still get relegated but at least we would be justified in hating the scumbag.The trouble with Carl is that he seems to be a good sort of guy but a completely hopeless manager.Very difficult to dislike somebody when they are doing their best.For gods sake Carl bow out now before people start hating you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm

It doesn't have to be that guy Cotterill. What is needed is a change of direction with any one of several experienced managers, who ISN'T a part of the last 3 years down here .... that's what's needed .. a manager who is not in this camp or that camp, doesn't owe any favours, and has the gravitas, authority and desire to move some immovables that have taken up residence in various parts of the club, both around the changing room and behind the scenes. That man needs to rip up the template that Ridsdale put in place and on which the club is drawn around. That would be enough in itself to get this club out of this division next season... with a competitive budget.

At the moment, the club feels as if it is some sort of long term residential home for all sorts of under qualified sitting tennants, both on and off the pitch... a bit like Egypt ... the head has gone but the body of the snake still rests easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Cotterill is a cock knocker of the highest order, he has no interest in football, no interest in youth development; all he is interested in is shit football and paying shit footballers loads of money. He was shit at Pompey and he was shit at Forest.

In fact he is just shit!

Yeah this is my view too, but If it was a choice between him and Fletcher there's no contest unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Pete1886 wrote:

In fact he is just shit!

Yeah this is my view too, but If it was a choice between him and Fletcher there's no contest unfortunately.

I'd rather not have a manager than either of those two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible new manager   Possible new manager Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible new manager
Page 1 of 1