Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next three league matches vs the bottom three.

Go down 
+10
mouldyoldgoat
Dougie
Mapperley, darling
Tringreen
akagreengull
oxfordgreen
Highwayman
Freathy
seadog
Flat_Track_Bully
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Next three league matches vs the bottom three. Empty
PostSubject: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:21 pm

We have Wycombe, Wimbledon and Barnet as our next three league fixtures. They are the current bottom three, and have won a grand total of 1 match between them since the first day of the season (and that was when Wimbledon beat Wycombe!).

Surely we should be looking for 7 points from these games. A sign of progress would be the ability to 'put away' the poorer teams in the league as last season we consistently failed to do this because we couldn't score enough goals. If we can get those points we should be up in the top-half of the table and might have some confidence going into much harder fixtures later on, hell we might even go on a run and mount a play-off challenge! If we don't get the points in these 3 games then I think any chance of a positive season is probably over, and we'll be skulking around the bottom third of the league playing to 4-5000 attendances.

I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm saying we get 7 points from these matches, what does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:23 pm

One would like to think so from our our dizzy position, 16th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:23 pm

I think we'll get 6 points, Wimbledon and Barnet for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:27 pm

6 minimum for me. If we get less than 6 it's a mid-table season at best.

I dread to think what would happen if we only got 2 or 3 points. Fletcher's mural would be put on hold probably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Grow some conkers you surrender monkeys! 9 points. 3 wins. Anything less is just completely unacceptable. Village! Aviva! Fletcher Out! Brent Out! Sleep Sleep Sleep

Nurse!! Nurse!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:42 pm

There is no excuse whatsoever for not getting 9 points. So I expect 2 points maximum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Freathy wrote:
There is no excuse whatsoever for not getting 9 points. So I expect 2 points maximum.

What if we do get 9 points? Just wondering because I've only seen Freathy's posts which are somewhat justified.

If we won our next 3 or 4 games can Carl Fletcher have, FREATHY OUT, as his e-mail signature Razz
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:51 pm

If we won our next 3 or 4 games Carl Fletcher can bare his arse at us from the Grandstand roof for all I care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Highwayman wrote:
If we won our next 3 or 4 games Carl Fletcher can bare his arse at us from the Grandstand roof for all I care.

That would make a fabulous image for a Salsa Verde Muriel.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Freathy wrote:

What if we do get 9 points? Just wondering because I've only seen Freathy's posts which are somewhat justified.

If we won our next 3 or 4 games can Carl Fletcher have, FREATHY OUT, as his e-mail signature Razz

It would be funny. we should be aiming for 9 points out of these. I think we will get 7 which we should take easily .
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I will guarantee that Fletcher will come out with the usual "they will be tough games" "it's a hard league" and all that non inspirational shite. EVERY game is winnable.
AMBITION (definition) IS THE DESIRE FOR SUCCESS.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Highwayman wrote:

That would make a fabulous image for a Salsa Verde Muriel.
With a pretruding welsh leek or daffodil. ATD should have it's own muriel, like on the side of the Life center. GT's got any paint left? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:23 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I will guarantee that Fletcher will come out with the usual "they will be tough games" "it's a hard league" and all that non inspirational shite. EVERY game is winnable.
AMBITION (definition) IS THE DESIRE FOR SUCCESS.

Did you make it down yesterday? keep an eye I for you down in the Tribute dungeon! We are still shite even for all this Brazil antics. Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Well this pundit is going for a one nill defeat at wycombe, play like brazil and draw one all with wimbledon, nil nil draw at barnet, but its alright cos its total passing football! but i'm old fashioned and prefer winning football to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm

We will get feck all because we are shit

Fletcher out
Brent out
Forza Nerd disbanded
Burn down the Nerdfest
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Errrrrrrrm, yeah, no............. know what I mean ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:45 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Fletcher out
Brent out
Forza Nerd disbanded
Burn down the Nerdfest
Funny as fook thats quality punchie, how long will we have to put up with these pricks or is this the future of football?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:20 pm

heart: defeat at wycombe, another draw with wimbledon and i expect a victory at barnet.

head: having said that, im with freathy, 2 points
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:32 pm

I'll be at both Wycombe and Barnet (Aviva Aviva) in reality we shouldn't lose either. Defeats untenable and unthinkable.

Won't make the home game so can't be a REAL fan.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Going to Wycombe tuesday with the family (oh how I wish for the days when I went to football on my own, with my cousin or with mates and could get pissed and not give a feck about it! ) so hoping for a win. I think Barnet will be a win and wimbledon will be a draw. 7 pts.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 pm

I'll be going to Wycombe too. How Aviva we all are :cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:17 pm

These are the games we should be winning in my book. We should be aiming to pick up at least 7 points if anything. 3 wins in a row is too much to ask so two wins and a draw is achievable with the team.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 am

punchdrunk wrote:

Fletcher out
Brent out
Forza Nerd disbanded
Burn down the Nerdfest
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would be disappoitned with less than 6. 7 or 9 would be a great bonus.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Jaytex, did come down, even though I was intending to stay away for a couple of months, this after years of coming to virtually every home game. Quite fancied watching Luggy back at HP and enjoying the Brazillian style passing game that was touted pre match. Good to see Paul Sturrock again but did'nt see much passing of the ball. Unfortunately did'nt sample the Tribute as driving later, next time will hang around there and engage in a bit of banter.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 pm

2 draws and a win 5 pts, you may then also reach the giddy heights of 12th bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next three league matches vs the bottom three.   Next three league matches vs the bottom three. Empty

Back to top Go down

Next three league matches vs the bottom three.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next