Mapperley, darling
Highwayman
akagreengull
Tgwu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Danny Salman Review Empty
PostSubject: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 10:54 am

Quote, thisisplymouth

I APPRECIATE the club's had a difficult time with going into adminstration – and coming out of it.

People still say to me that they're glad they've still got a club.

But that was then and this is now. We've got to move on from a difficult time in the club's history.

You can't keep trotting out the same old excuse and I, for one, don't believe in sitting around and feeling sorry for myself.

When you talk about a football club, you are talking about a business, a product.

The fans have been magnificent about turning up every week and supporting the club when times were tough. They are still turning up a large numbers. The number of fans you get at Home Park would be envied by any club in League Two.

But as I say, those difficult times are now over – we're not in administration any more and we need to move forward.

Look at Port Vale – they are in administration and they're second in the table.

The trouble is that if the product's not good, then the supporters eventually won't turn up, it's as simple as that.

That brings me to another issue, that of the team's consistency at home.

People often ask me why the team plays so well in the first half, then are so poor in the second. It's the same team, isn't it?

The last two games at Home Park have resulted in a defeat (against Port Vale) and a draw (against struggling Bristol Rovers.)

But looking at the situation in a positive sense, they got a fine result away at Morecambe last Saturday (a 3-2 win).

It seems to me that we are returning to the scenario we had a couple of years ago, where our home form wasn't so good, but we were nicking some good results and showing our best form away from home.

At Home Park, the team seems to have a good 20 minutes, then they are poor.

People ask me why the team can play so well at times, and so badly at others.

I believe it's been over the last four years that we've struggled to win football matches.

I don't know what the reason is, personally. Maybe it's a lack of concentration, or maybe it's nervousness, or perhaps it's because new players aren't yet gelled with the rest of the team.

Whatever, we've got to concentrate on what's going wrong at home if we want to have a successful season.

If you look at the successful teams, they can still get a result if even if they aren't playing well.

We've got a good squad at the moment, even if we do have a few injuries and we've got to somehow find some consistency to put together a run of three or four games where we're not beaten.

We certainly can't afford to lose too many games at home – and consistency is sometimes the difference between a successful season and a mediocre one.

People say it's difficult to win at home sometimes because teams come to defend.

I don't agree with that, as a matter of fact, because quite often teams come and attack us.

I'm sure (Argyle manager) Carl Fletcher is aware of all of this and is doing something to sort it out.

Supporters are still turning up for games, but sooner or later, people are going to start asking questions and not turning up if things don't improve.

And if you're not careful and you don't have a successful product on the field, sponsors won't want to come in and support the team.

You can talk about rebuilding the main stand and have the best facilities in the world.

But that will mean nothing if you haven't got the success on the field to match it

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:00 am

No shit Sherlock. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 am

Hard to disagree with someone who's just stating the bloody obvious, did he just get that lot straight off these boards or what.

Apart from this shite again, "I'm sure (Argyle manager) Carl Fletcher is aware of all of this and is doing something to sort it out." lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 pm

were shit but I dont know why. If we carry on being shit less people will pay to watch it
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:09 pm

it'd be interesting to see how long danny lasts on the farm, with those views!

anyone posted it there? whats the reaction? sorry for the questions but its too nauseating for me to read the shit that spills from the avivas mouths
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:16 pm

He's cheesed off a prominent fan (the one I'm not supposed to mention) and an ex player (who called Salman a #prick)
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 pm

just tweeted it to webb. lets see if it is ignored (as usual)
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
just tweeted it to webb. lets see if it is ignored (as usual)

If your running a book I'll have some. lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Maybe it needs someone to say these things and someone who is not a poster on ATD to make people see what problems the club has!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Dougie wrote:
He's cheesed off a prominent fan (the one I'm not supposed to mention) and an ex player (who called Salman a #prick)

Which ex player?

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:52 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Which ex player?

#simonwalton
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 pm

that'll be the #simonwalton that cost the club feck loads in wages then?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 pm

What would he know. What a tosser!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I am sure they are trying to get Salman sacked from the Herald as we speak. The dissenters MUST be silenced.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Bogsider wrote:
were shit but I dont know why. If we carry on being shit less people will pay to watch it

Sadly that is so true.

I am not going tomorrow,despite the team winning last week at Morecambe and myself predicting a 2-1 home win ?.

The previous two home games,with its terrible showings from the team,made that decision an easy one to make.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Danny Salman is atd spokesman it seems Wink
Back to top Go down
BadBoy67

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Salman just cuts and pastes his column from the week before changes the odd phrase and hey presto the same old shite, average player, average columnist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 pm

BadBoy67 wrote:
Salman just cuts and pastes his column from the week before changes the odd phrase and hey presto the same old shite, average player, average columnist.

That may well be true, but it could be that he keeps saying the same things because we continue to be shit, and he continues to be frustrated by this?

I do agree that he was a pretty average player though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:18 pm

BAN HIM!!! BAN THE UNBELIEVER!!!! How dare he not believe we should be uber shit forever more just because we were in administration once! Improving after coming out of administration is only for other clubs! Not for Argyle! Doesn't he realise us being shite is a small price to pay for the sake of saving our multi-millionaire banker some money, for the career development of our 'manager' who will never actually make a manager as long as he has a hole in his arse, and for maintaining the positions of some superfans!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Freathy, think it's very unfair to say Fletch will NEVER make a manager, we beat the mighty Morecombe did'nt we? by coming from behind, what more do you want!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Greenjock wrote:
BadBoy67 wrote:

That may well be true, but it could be that he keeps saying the same things because we continue to be shit, and he continues to be frustrated by this?

He was probably past his best as a player when he came down here [a not uncommon occurence,especially when Argyle are in the second tier] but i remember him as a very classy left back/central defender at Brentford and he was in the Millwall team which reached the old first division for the first time in the late 1980's,played quite a few matches for them in the top flight as well.Seem to remember him scoring a goal for Argyle against Forest in the league cup down here,i think we lost 2-1 against Cloughies classy outfit.As for his writings,he won't be winning the Nobel prize this year but he says what he thinks i suppose,can't say ten out ten for insight and originality though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 pm

It won't win any awards for journalism but it is nice to see someone stand up and ask questions I expect he'll have to pay for his ticket from now on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
BadBoy67 wrote:

He was probably past his best as a player when he came down here [a not uncommon occurence,especially when Argyle are in the second tier] but i remember him as a very classy left back/central defender at Brentford and he was in the Millwall team which reached the old first division for the first time in the late 1980's,played quite a few matches for them in the top flight as well.Seem to remember him scoring a goal for Argyle against Forest in the league cup down here,i think we lost 2-1 against Cloughies classy outfit.As for his writings,he won't be winning the Nobel prize this year but he says what he thinks i suppose,can't say ten out ten for insight and originality though.

I went to the Forest game but spent the entire night in the little cells inside Home Park Embarassed

My crime? About 15 of us travelled up together and were pretty smashed by the time we got to the ground. On the way in one of my mates couldn't find his ticket so me being a mate stopped and waited for him just inside, after going through the turnstile. A copper told me to keep moving as I was blocking the entrance, which I wasn't, so I told him I was waiting for a friend and he just pushed me and said keep moving. I went a yard or two before turning around and waiting again, well out of the way of the entrance and the copper came back and had a go at me again.

I told him, quite politely for me, that he was making a scene out of nothing and didn't he have anything better to do? Which didn't go down very well Very Happy

He then said "You've been drinking" to which I replied "You'll make a feckin detective" and the next thing I was pinned up against the wall with two more coppers helping, as my mate walked in shouting "Found my ticket" with a big smile on his face.

I was left in the cells until five minutes from the end and every now and then a copper came to the cell door and said Forest have scored again, probably 6 or 7 times, before they let me out and I caught the last couple of minutes when we had just scored and were pushing for an equaliser so I missed his goal.

If I remember correctly he was part of a relegation team and always looked a bit short and slow, but then I was usually pissed back then. It was the only way I could face watching the game Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Salman Review   Danny Salman Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Danny Salman Review
Page 1 of 1