Greenskin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

The old site Empty
PostSubject: The old site   The old site EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:11 am

Would it be possible to migrate some of the threads on the old site to this one,a bit like the classic threads on PASOTI? Just for posterity's sake and to make things clear who said what should waters become a little muddy. Wink
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:26 am

We'd better ask Bushy and his multi-personas, he's the superadmin.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:33 am

Greenskin wrote:
Would it be possible to migrate some of the threads on the old site to this one,a bit like the classic threads on PASOTI? Just for posterity's sake and to make things clear who said what should waters become a little muddy. Wink

Beyond my IT skills dear boy but you can have a go if you like. I can open the door for you.
Del is away for a while.
I daresay that in true bearlike style we won't be allowed access or posts will have been deleted.
Back to top Go down

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:46 am

I'm here until dinnertime'ish!

I think it'll be fine to move threads over but in theory the threads belong to the owner of argyletlk.co.uk under copyright, but nobody has seen or heard of anything from the owner so what the hell!

From memory, anything you post on a forum or, information provided when signing up including email addresses etc. becomes the property of the owner.

We will have to delete them if requested but I think that's very unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:42 am

Ha ha ha ! The lunatics have taken over the asylum Ha ha ha !

I think the talk of moving over selected classic threads where some of Pasoti's finest were exposed as being as stupid and corrupt as FIFA, was too much for them.

Ponty appears to be the spokesperson. Says it all really. pig
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:50 am

I can't log in now.
Back to top Go down

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:04 am

I don't think anything has changed on there SD?

I'll be deleting myself from that site shortly so that I hold no responsibility for its future contents.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Maybe the farm will turn the old AT into a sort of holding pen for those who don't have enough banners ? jocolor

We also seem to have a sudden increase in guests viewing our forum since the elections announcement Wink

Now, that could be a good thing but I suspect otherwise

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Progress   The old site EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Very pleased with the way this site is shaping up. Already better than the old one. The Exeter boys have added an extra element.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:58 am

AT is gone, June the 1st was the day as PGY predicted.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:16 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Very pleased with the way this site is shaping up. Already better than the old one. The Exeter boys have added an extra element.

For some unknown reason the BGB would never allow me onto Passoti, I think I tried 3 times in all; hey ho Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 pm

pepsipete wrote:

Pete, if we are honest mate you are never going to like us and we can't ever like you (it isn't allowed) but we do see you as real fans. What makes this whole thing disgusting is the way your Aviva Boys and others have used personal self gratification on Pasoti to prevent them seeing what outsiders see. Your club has been shafted. Banning free speech on Pasoti or away fans from taking the piss is proof if it was needed how far Argyle has fallen. A fool can see Pasoti is helping the Club fall further.

City have had the piss ripped out of them for years (and rightly so). The Jackson years were a shambles. We somehow managed to get through it. Don't get me wrong, there has been infighting and we were lucky to draw Man Utd. But thankfully we can look back in the knowledge that we have a team to watch, our team. Yes, the away end is shite and the old grandstand is even worse. In time we may have a ground fit for League 1 football (you though I was going to say the CCC...we are not totally mad). This is the best it gets for us and for that I am happy. Argyle are a League 2 side (yippee), you may even be a blue Square side, but for the moment you have a side to support and when you look back you can say you are a real fan, because when your club was shit, YOU still went. An Argyle fan or a plastic Man Utd fan, me I would rather you remain an Argyle fan. There is no price on loyalty

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:37 pm

The Red Star wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

Pete, if we are honest mate you are never going to like us and we can't ever like you (it isn't allowed) but we do see you as real fans. What makes this whole thing disgusting is the way your Aviva Boys and others have used personal self gratification on Pasoti to prevent them seeing what outsiders see. Your club has been shafted. Banning free speech on Pasoti or away fans from taking the piss is proof if it was needed how far Argyle has fallen. A fool can see Pasoti is helping the Club fall further.

City have had the piss ripped out of them for years (and rightly so). The Jackson years were a shambles. We somehow managed to get through it. Don't get me wrong, there has been infighting and we were lucky to draw Man Utd. But thankfully we can look back in the knowledge that we have a team to watch, our team. Yes, the away end is shite and the old grandstand is even worse. In time we may have a ground fit for League 1 football (you though I was going to say the CCC...we are not totally mad). This is the best it gets for us and for that I am happy. Argyle are a League 2 side (yippee), you may even be a blue Square side, but for the moment you have a side to support and when you look back you can say you are a real fan, because when your club was shit, YOU still went. An Argyle fan or a plastic Man Utd fan, me I would rather you remain an Argyle fan. There is no price on loyalty

So...you up fer a scrap or wot?

confused
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 pm

The Red Star wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

Your last comment is the one used against me by some. I moved away from Plymouth as a young man and over the years my physical support has gradually diminished, particularly when I saw the latest debacle coming years ago. Mind you, even I didn't think it would be this bad. I just couldn't enjoy the jester hatted trips to 'big clubs' like Coventry, WBA etc. because it was castles built on sand and they couldn't/wouldn't see it. I daresay that if I'd never left home and broadened my horizons, I'd still be there every game like Pete but even he is cracking now.
Having said that, I could never support another team and have rather fallen out of love with the mess football is, in general.

You guys are obviously thinking people and I trust we can enjoy some banter along the way without it getting personal.
Enjoy your unique experience at the top of Devon's mediocre pile.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Funnily enough Red, I came originally from North Devon and used to go to City games in the late fourties early fifties. Remember going to see Tommy Lawton play. Then I grew old enough to go without Dad and caught the Argyle bug in 1954. Remember going to Exeter to see Argyle knock them out of the cup, Jack Rowly was Argyle player manager.
Back to top Go down

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Bloody hell, I agree with a city fan!

nearly!

He's right, there will never be true love between us and Exeter and that's a good thing because football needs rivalry, but I really don't buy into this hatred crap that some on both sides spout. My footballing fantasy world be to see all three Devon clubs playing in the Premier, it'll never happen of course but it would be good if it did!

Not all Argyle fans were laughing when Exeter went out of the league and to hell and back, we may have taken the piss as football fans do and as you lot, quite rightly, are doing to us, but I really believe that the vast majority of Argyle fans were sympathetic to Exeter's problems. No self respecting football fan would want to see another club out of business, even if it's the closest rival, and not many of us share the views of the Argyle regular you've had on Exweb for God knows how many years.

We're down and out for a good many years to come in my opinion, but we all know that one day we'll be back and once again gain our position as the No 1 Devon club, even if it means starting from scratch again. As for Exeter, it could be interesting. A successful spell could see Exeter capturing a chunk of our potential gate and catchment area and that could possibly change the destiny for both clubs.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:04 pm

I think healthy rivalry and behaviour at matches/ in pubs has something to do with breeding.

Some of us could stand side by side, as we used to and enjoy the crack. The morons spoil it for everyone else.
It's sad how this culture of hatred has grown. It doesn't happen at rugby games, even England v Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I think healthy rivalry and behaviour at matches/ in pubs has something to do with breeding.

Some of us could stand side by side, as we used to and enjoy the crack. The morons spoil it for everyone else.
It's sad how this culture of hatred has grown. It doesn't happen at rugby games, even England v Scotland.

Mock's comment was probably tongue in cheek. Pre the mass hooliganism in the 60's 70's, the grown ups would give any troublesome youths a clip round the ear if they got over excited.
Some of the songs/chants at football, with their violent language helps to fuel the fire.
Back to top Go down

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:11 pm

I remember standing in the Cowshed with me crash helmet and me Argyle scarf on back in the 70s, happy days! lol!

Now I have mates that are Exeter fans, strange world!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Funnily enough Red, I came originally from North Devon and used to go to City games in the late fourties early fifties. Remember going to see Tommy Lawton play. Then I grew old enough to go without Dad and caught the Argyle bug in 1954. Remember going to Exeter to see Argyle knock them out of the cup, Jack Rowly was Argyle player manager.

I knew you were a closet Grecian Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:45 pm

GOB wrote:
Bloody hell, I agree with a city fan!

nearly!

He's right, there will never be true love between us and Exeter and that's a good thing because football needs rivalry, but I really don't buy into this hatred crap that some on both sides spout. My footballing fantasy world be to see all three Devon clubs playing in the Premier, it'll never happen of course but it would be good if it did!

Not all Argyle fans were laughing when Exeter went out of the league and to hell and back, we may have taken the piss as football fans do and as you lot, quite rightly, are doing to us, but I really believe that the vast majority of Argyle fans were sympathetic to Exeter's problems. No self respecting football fan would want to see another club out of business, even if it's the closest rival, and not many of us share the views of the Argyle regular you've had on Exweb for God knows how many years.

We're down and out for a good many years to come in my opinion, but we all know that one day we'll be back and once again gain our position as the No 1 Devon club, even if it means starting from scratch again. As for Exeter, it could be interesting. A successful spell could see Exeter capturing a chunk of our potential gate and catchment area and that could possibly change the destiny for both clubs.

I love you GOB affraid

Rivalry & banter are fine, can't see myself where all this hatred get anyone, hate is such a strong word. See my fantasy differs from yours, Us & Torquay in the premiership, us the Manure, them the yo yo WBA types, with you in the lower reaches of the CCC Cool

Good god we had a multitude of real t*ssers on exeweb, some have only just stopped frequenting those boards, I wonder why?

You could well be at a low ebb for a while, and I'm hoping our tenure as a upwardly mobile club continues for a lot longer, the off the field side of things are defo a lot better than they ever have been, and that is a very good basis to go out there and get continued success on the pitch Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Tringreen wrote:

How's the healthy Turk/greek rivalry panning out on Cyprus these days Tringy ?

With respect, if there's a big scrap going on with knives at a pub or football match, or artillery on a national border, we can bet there will be a gang of males at the end of it who have been bred, encouraged, manipulated, and sometimes paid to do it by some King or other such jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:15 am

Prefer the Turkish side of the island Jack. There is something about us and the Turks not needing to prove anything to eachother. The so called GC's are basically Arabs with socks.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Damn right; how the Greeks have fallen! These chaps were major players not so long ago who were simply left behind by the rest of Europe. They failed to retain any of the intellectualism or work ethic of the ancient years - in fact the only thing they're good for these days is waitering and salads. The swarthy greek youths loiter about their parent's homes waiting for something to happen for them instead of being pro-active and searching for work. They know not the works of Homer and the Iliad, instead they ride mopeds and brush their long hair too much! The Elgin marbles are in a place which befits their nobility and craft if not their climate...England!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
pepsipete

pepsipete

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm

First the Greeks then the Romans, wonder where our decline will end?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The old site Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old site   The old site Empty

Back to top Go down

The old site
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next