Sir Francis Drake
mouldyoldgoat
Czarcasm
Ken Adams
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Brent to face up... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:39 am

I'm going. I'm going to assume the hands and knees position so Sir James can use me as a foot rest.

It's a good thing to do for the fans who want to go but it'll be pretty stage managed and I personally wouldn't want to go as it's not my sort of thing - I went to one at work with the top brass management and it was cringe-worthy. I like the Twitter Q&As that people do - they're good because most of the people on here who have 'searching' questions wouldn't be confident to ask them in public and the internet provides a safety net.

What would you ask him anyway? I think the guy's pretty open on most things - he wants to build some stuff around the ground, build a grandstand and make sure the club don't go into administration again and won't put his own money into the club at any kind of significant level. That's what you all know already. I don't like that at all but that's what we have and there's little to nothing I could ever do about it.

There are some on here who want to essentially see someone tell James Brent that Chris Webb and Ian Newell are evil people and they want James Brent to have a sudden moment of clarity and jump up and respond with a "My GOD! What have I done!?" and then have them both flogged in the centre circle at half time - that's not going to happen.

The sad thing is, real life isn't as dramatic as the internet.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:45 am

Real life and Argyle is pretty sad though.

Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:51 am

Tringreen wrote:
Real life and Argyle is pretty sad though.

Enjoy the ride.

I'm not going to call you anything nasty today - it's a matchday.

That's true but it's the only ride I can go on in terms of football. I have hope we'll be a better team one day but that day might be ten years from now.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:55 am

get a fecking room you 2,,,,,ewwww,,,,,,bunck of cnuts cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:04 am

Sorry tcm. I've recently decided to be nice to old people.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:04 am

But sadly he is correct. There's no quick fix here. Fletcher and other players will come and go, years may pass. We will still be here, but the vultures and opportunists and those with connections who are only interested in self-gain will be long gone. We will suffer in the meantime, but hey we are used to that. One day we will rise again. As Hairy says, it may not be for many a year, but rise we will...
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 am

Ken Adams wrote:
But sadly he is correct. There's no quick fix here. Fletcher and other players will come and go, years may pass. We will still be here, but the vultures and opportunists and those with connections who are only interested in self-gain will be long gone. We will suffer in the meantime, but hey we are used to that. One day we will rise again. As Hairy says, it may not be for many a year, but rise we will...

I can agree with that sentiment Ken. I just got off the bus when I saw the nutters who were driving it.

Brent is banking on most football people being idiots, just like his jamboys. It really is very sad and needy to put oneself through this misery out of supposed loyalty. Almost everyone involved in football are taking the pi$$ out of the supporters.
Kiss the badge one day, f*ck off the next but the hardcore fans behave like idiots and soak it all up like sponges.

Remember this article ? Some of it is outdated and he doesn't get everything right. There are even some references to community/trust clubs but if Premier league fans need to take a long hard look at their behaviour, what price the saddos goin Fleetwood ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What me Mouldy? Don't you remember I'm already a greentint Aviva Boy who believes everything Brent tells me, in love with the Jamboys and a pasoti mole. Don't think I've missed anything there. Why would I even want to question Mr Brent? Oh and I forgot, he might doze off halfway through the question.

lol!

Top top post lol! elephant lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:58 am

Tringreen wrote:
Ken Adams wrote:

I can agree with that sentiment Ken. I just got off the bus when I saw the nutters who were driving it.

Brent is banking on most football people being idiots, just like his jamboys. It really is very sad and needy to put oneself through this misery out of supposed loyalty. Almost everyone involved in football are taking the pi$$ out of the supporters.
Kiss the badge one day, f*ck off the next but the hardcore fans behave like idiots and soak it all up like sponges.

Remember this article ? Some of it is outdated and he doesn't get everything right. There are even some references to community/trust clubs but if Premier league fans need to take a long hard look at their behaviour, what price the saddos goin Fleetwood ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tring. I absolutely agree with you affraid

See - it's not just Argyle is it? It's everywhere. Remember when Ken Bates put barbed wire up in his own ground to keep his own fans penned in like animals? Look at Arsenal ditching the history of Highbury and having a squad full of foreign players who they just sell for a profit. Look at Man Utd being owned by Americans who are obviously in it for the shares and the personal profit.

Other than Argyle, my perfect club is Everton. They have an amazing set of fans - the best in the country. They have constant attedances, don't expect the Earth but demand that players are committed and play at 100% in every game. They have a chairman who's honest about not having the cash to bankroll success and a manager that gets on with it. In my view, James Brent needs to stop the PR, needs to be honest and up front about where the club is and his long term plans and also we need to get a team of players who want to play for the club and the fans. that's my perfect idyll.

Football's important to a lot of people but it's become a product in 90% of cases.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:00 am

tcm wrote:
get a fecking room you 2,,,,,ewwww,,,,,,bunck of cnuts cheers

What is a "bunck"? Can you be a "bunck trumpet"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 pm

The meeting is being organised and chaired by the Trust, not the club. I can assure you there will be no shenanigans with the questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:35 pm

As it's a Trust organised meeting, can someone promise to tell Tony Cholwell to get the feck out if he comes anywhere near it?

I would do it myself but I can't make the meeting and he no longer opens his PM's from me on here Very Happy

Oh and tell him he's a shit investigator, he got paid for NOT finding out my address scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm

i would go to this if i gave a shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 am

Saltash green wrote:
i would go to this if i gave a shit

No, entry is free for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent to face up...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3