Sir Francis Drake
mouldyoldgoat
Czarcasm
Ken Adams
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent to face up... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 am

charleymouse wrote:
It would be pretty easy to spin any protest against Brent in his favour though. The usual lines about being lucky to have a club, if it weren't for Brent the club would be no more. It would be no problem at all to make anyone who dared to protest look like an ungrateful wretch, protesting against the saviour of the club etc. I wasn't suggesting any kind of physical violence could take place, but I think if you got one person repeating a question louder and louder plus other people chiming in at the same time, I don't think it would go down very well. (Oh and btw, why are you exaggerating so many things that I say? I mention henchmen, you go on about men in trenchcoats [just because one syllable rhymes it doesn't make it the same thing...]. I use the word 'rowdiness', you talk of Wild West brawls...)

I'm not saying that you invented the term keyboard warriors, but you do like, whenever possible, to depict the malcontents of this site as spineless. That's precisely what you have done here, yet when others use a thread to visit a familiar theme, they meet with much scorn on your part. Now if you want to do that, and I reckon that everyone does it online to an extent, it's fine, but it seems a bit hypocritical to scold other for doing the same.

You conclude by saying that 'if that is your opinion then fair enough'. But it wasn't an opinion plucked out of the air; there were arguments backing it up. You haven't really countered any of them, which is again up to you. I argued that previous form suggests that this meeting is unlikely to be worthwhile and, also given previous form, that anyone involved in discontent could be taking a risk. I think these are two solid reasons not to bother attending this meeting. But you are convinced that it is a lack of passion and bottle...why, exactly? Because for the moment, the only reasons that I can find for you thinking so is that you don't like these people, you disagree with them and you are just instrumentalizing another thread to have a dig at them.

Charley - I see where you are coming from and whilst I've not experienced any of the intimidation/tactics that have been talked about on this site or, bar the flickr files and DT, seen any evidence I can't fall one way or the other. If people genuinely have experienced these issues, or worry that they might, then absolutely they would be right to ask questions via a website, letter, phone-in etc instead of exposing themselves at the meeting Shocked . FFS it is only football.

I don't agree that this event will be stage managed. It has been organised by the Trust and one of the positive outcomes from the recent shenanigans is that all of the old Trust warriors and DT'ers are hardly in a position to control a Trust organised event. Yes JB and PJ are intelligent men and they will rightly have an answer. Part of that answer will quite rightly state that part of the revenue received on match days goes towards funding the debt, however I do not believe that either of them will simply use that as an excuse for poor performances (if that is still the case when the meeting takes place). I do not believe they will utter the line "be thankful we still have a club".

Plenty of intelligent politicians (and some Tories) have taken a hammering on Question Time when ordinary people have intelligently and passionately put forward their views with the support of parts of the audience. What QT has that I'm hoping Tim can ensure is the follow up to the response. The Q&A will lose some of its worth if the questioner has no right to respond.

I do think that this meeting is a great opportunity for those that believe that the current structure of the football club is wrong and that there is a different way to build a team to prosper in this division. Those that feel comfortable ebough doing it should not miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:41 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Any club at our level that spends money on transfer fees is basically pissing money against the wall. Free transfers and loans is the favoured method for nearly all of our competitors too. It doesn't show lack of desire at all.

I think you're right SFD but most clubs that gain success in this division have either an experienced, wide old head as a manager or a young ambitious, up and coming manager that will eventually move onto bigger and better clubs. Fletch doesn't seem to have either attribute and that's not an attack on him, it's not his fault that he was handed the most poisoned chalice in football, James Brent must take the credit for that when he insisted on the cheaper option as part of the Admin deal that was so swiftly supported by the now obvious benefactors on pasoti. I'm not so sure if Brent's actions were the actions of a newly created Super Fan or the actions of someone that isn't really all that interested in PAFC and would prefer to concentrate on land development.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:49 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Well, if you get the stock answer then you ask it again and for the real one. If you still don't get anything other than a stock answer the second time then you ask it even louder and so on. If he won't answer then you get louder and protest and if there are enough of you then he won't get an easy ride will he. That's how protests go so to say it is a waste of time is a weak excuse. There are a number of people who post on here and shout a lot about what they think is wrong. They don't get to show dissent openly very often so why pass up the opportunity when one comes along? One could be forgiven for thinking they have no real bottle of course but I would never be so disrespectful as to suggest that was the case.

SG, have you considered that the reason you are able to generalise the users of ATD (with virtually every comment that you make) is that many of the users on here have lost, for one reason or another, their ability to use pasoti to air their views, hence a natural emigration to a site where users can freely express those views?

Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 am

oddball wrote:
Cheltenham get crowds of 2500,yet they are one of the top sides in this division,meanwhile we are 91st out of 92 on gates of 7000.

How many times does it need to be said: budget and crowds mean feck all if you don't manage your resources properly, organsise and coach your players well.

For every Cheltenham and Torquay there is a Bradford City and Argyle under performing against less resourced and less supported clubs ~ once that whistle blows and the players are out on the pitch in opposition to one another it doesn't make a shred of difference how many people are there to watch them, what money they are earning or indeed how much was spent assembling them.

There is a huge and available pool of well coached, properly schooled and diligent young professionals out there looking for the opportunity to earn a living at the game they have dedicated the last decade or longer into learning. There is another large pool of competent managers and coaches eagerly awaiting the chance to show what they can do given the chance.

What James Brent and his pet monkey Nool (if he does indeed have the ear of the owner) have to realise is that you don't need to have had experience as a professional in the game to make good appointments who will in turn make good signings and create a good squad, but you DO need to use the services of someone who DOES have that insight and will do it on your behalf.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:53 am

merse wrote:
oddball wrote:
Cheltenham get crowds of 2500,yet they are one of the top sides in this division,meanwhile we are 91st out of 92 on gates of 7000.

How many times does it need to be said: budget and crowds mean feck all if you don't manage your resources properly, organsise and coach your players well.

For every Cheltenham and Torquay there is a Bradford City and Argyle under performing against less resourced and less supported clubs ~ once that whistle blows and the players are out on the pitch in opposition to one another it doesn't make a shred of difference how many people are there to watch them, what money they are earning or indeed how much was spent assembling them.

There is a huge and available pool of well coached, properly schooled and diligent young professionals out there looking for the opportunity to earn a living at the game they have dedicated the last decade or longer into learning. There is another large pool of competent managers and coaches eagerly awaiting the chance to show what they can do given the chance.

What James Brent and his pet monkey Nool (if he does indeed have the ear of the owner) have to realise is that you don't need to have had experience as a professional in the game to make good appointments who will in turn make good signings and create a good squad, but you DO need to use the services of someone who DOES have that insight and will do it on your behalf.

Yeah but Carl bleeds green Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 am

GOB wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Any club at our level that spends money on transfer fees is basically pissing money against the wall. Free transfers and loans is the favoured method for nearly all of our competitors too. It doesn't show lack of desire at all.

I think you're right SFD but most clubs that gain success in this division have either an experienced, wide old head as a manager or a young ambitious, up and coming manager that will eventually move onto bigger and better clubs. Fletch doesn't seem to have either attribute and that's not an attack on him, it's not his fault that he was handed the most poisoned chalice in football, James Brent must take the credit for that when he insisted on the cheaper option as part of the Admin deal that was so swiftly supported by the now obvious benefactors on pasoti. I'm not so sure if Brent's actions were the actions of a newly created Super Fan or the actions of someone that isn't really all that interested in PAFC and would prefer to concentrate on land development.

Ridsdale got rid of Reid and appointed Fletcher not Brent. Fletcher had one goal when given the job last year, avoid relegation. He did that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 am

shonbo wrote:
GOB wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Ridsdale got rid of Reid and appointed Fletcher not Brent. Fletcher had one goal when given the job last year, avoid relegation. He did that.

And according to Brent, this season we have a competitive budget and should have a chance of the play offs. Another relegation battle is my prediction. Anyone who actually still goes to matches seen anything in Fletcher or his bloated squad of has beens,neverwillbe's n kids, to suggest anything different ?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:23 am

Tringreen wrote:
shonbo wrote:
GOB wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And according to Brent, this season we have a competitive budget and should have a chance of the play offs. Another relegation battle is my prediction. Anyone who actually still goes to matches seen anything in Fletcher or his bloated squad of has beens,neverwillbe's n kids, to suggest anything different ?

As I said in my Oxford report, they were trying to play (at times) a different style of football. IMHO, they looked a little preseasonish. I agree with "bloated squad of has beens,neverwillbe's n kids" to an extent. I'd say mid to lower table if we build on that performance unless we bring in one or two. I think Saturday will be interesting to see if they make any progress of go back to kcik and chase.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:39 pm

If we lose tomorrow, and I believe it is likely as the Cobblers unlike us have got themselves organised for the new campaign and have a manager with a lot of experience of league management. Then we will almost certainly be bottom of the entire football league at 5pm, and it will be time for protests at H.P (before and after games) I would be happy to take part. I have been to a couple of open forums with Brent, they do feel stage managed, i won't be going again. If I hear Brent say again we should be in the championship, I will reaching for the sick bag. I know bullshit when I hear it, I listen to this crap on the radio and in the press and pay £20 for the pleasure of watching a ball being aimlessly hoofed towards Chadwick the carthorse. The H.P situation is incestuous and smacks of incompetence and the pursuit of personal gain. Something has to change or many fans will be changing their level of support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:56 pm

shonbo wrote:
GOB wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

#

Yes but all under instruction if Ridsdale wanted the deal with Brent to go through, allegedly!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:09 pm

GOB wrote:
shonbo wrote:
GOB wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

#

Yes but all under instruction if Ridsdale wanted the deal with Brent to go through, allegedly!

Is that an internet fact?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 pm

shonbo wrote:
GOB wrote:
shonbo wrote:
[quote="GOB

Is that an internet fact?

Are we sure that Reid was really sacked?

Newell's flikr account suggests otherwise....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:31 pm

They're pretty easy to fake Rickler

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not accusing you of that - just saying that they're easy to fake.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Of course it is...

Ask Newell if he did so!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Ken, if all he is interested in is development and money then I would have thought he would invest more in the team. If the on field activities carry on the club will lose even more money.

I believe James ''i am a football fan now'' was speaking about promotion in the early Summer and that this team could do it Shocked Laughing . Yes James,and there is life on Mars too,but NASA are keeping that news a secret......Just like you and your ''BIG'' plans for Argyle.

No promotion me thinks for some time yet (many years) affraid pale,but rather mediocre trash that may just about satisfy the happy-clappers and flag-wavers alike.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 pm

shonbo wrote:
GOB wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And he may well go through all of it yet again,what bloody joy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:34 pm

We'll probably never know any of the answers to the questions possed because nobody it seems is going to ask him. Shame really.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Can you ask them Sensible? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 pm

What me Mouldy? Don't you remember I'm already a greentint Aviva Boy who believes everything Brent tells me, in love with the Jamboys and a pasoti mole. Don't think I've missed anything there. Why would I even want to question Mr Brent? Oh and I forgot, he might doze off halfway through the question.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What me Mouldy? Don't you remember I'm already a greentint Aviva Boy who believes everything Brent tells me, in love with the Jamboys and a pasoti mole. Don't think I've missed anything there. Why would I even want to question Mr Brent? Oh and I forgot, he might doze off halfway through the question.

lol!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 pm

SG...and you have the neck to chastise people on here for not going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Read my post above your's Oddball. Is that not an apt description of all the things I've been branded as on here? I'm not the one with all the searching questions but there are plenty on here who do post them.....on here. If you listen to a lot of people I'd probably end up kissing his ass which might spoil my tea.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 pm

It would probably spoil his tea as well!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 pm

He probably went to a Private School so I suspect he's had worse Mouldy. Mind you if I caught him by surprise..........
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:34 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
He probably went to a Private School so I suspect he's had worse Mouldy. Mind you if I caught him by surprise..........

Not possible. He'd hear the horse n cart approaching. Harold ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent to face up...   Brent to face up... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent to face up...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next