+3
Tringreen
tcm
Grovehill
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Fight the REAL fight Empty
PostSubject: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:02 pm

This is a great site for open debate about all things related to Argyle, but it does seem to get bogged down in talking about a couple of personalities connected with another website & with PAFC.

I, like a lot of posters on here have been subject to the petty mindedness and vindictiveness of these two, and quite honestly I wouldn't cross the street to p**s on them if they were on fire.

However, I feel that the antics of these two are being given free reign by the person they regard as their leader, for a purpose. There are only a certain number of Argyle supporters who care enough or have the energy to make a difference and at the moment most of them are looking at what a couple of idiots are doing rather that concerning ourselves with the real problems at Home Park.

The football club has been bought by a person who (whatever he says in public) has no real interest in the club or in football in general. He has sold every realisable asset that the club had, has steadfastly refused to pay the staff that are now HIS EMPLOYEES the money they are owed (I know it's not JB's fault they are owed the money but it's not their own fault either, and there are to most people, moral obligations as well as legal ones)

All he has given the club in return is a season of underachievement with another another in prospect, false comments in regard to the standard of football,and the amount of money being spent on the club, and a commitment to build a new stand out of a share of the profit he makes on some of the assets previously owned by the club. I wont even comment on the supreme irony of the owner & his stooges setting up a supporters group to monitor his own activities. Suffice to say he was perfectly happy to manipulate the Webb led Trust to advance his own aims, but now seems determined to destroy it.

Just to clarify a couple of those comments. I regard the failure of a club with support/gate income, in the top third of the division to invest that gate money (I'm not even asking for the owner to invest) in improving the team as the prime cause of last season's underachievement. I would also point out that the very reason he is able to fund a new stand for the club out of a share of the profit he makes is self evidently due to the fact that the land was sold off too cheaply-if I you bought your house for half what it's worth I wouldn't mind giving you back a share of the profit when I sold it.

In short every post about "those two" is a victory for JB because it distracts from the fact that are club is being owned and run unchallenged by someone who is heading towards being the worst owner in the clubs history, including M7 and Mc666!

Fight the real fight, remember who the real enemy is.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:08 pm

how do you intend to fight the fight?just for the sake of debate,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:29 pm

1. My understanding is that he bought the land at a price determined by an independent valuation - I read that in council minutes or similar.

2. It may be immoral not to pay off the lowly paid employees but it was made clear that he wasn't prepared to pay the many thousands owing to more debtors to whom much greater amounts were owed. The stipulation was made, I think, by the Football League that ALL debtors should be paid at the same rate.

I may be wrong in the detail of that.

But essentially I agree with the gist of your post. Fight the good fight & remember who should be being questioned (.... not sure about your Churchillian rabble rousing Smile ). There are too many people, (maybe for understandable reasons), who are more concerned with the monkeys rather than the organ-grinder. I still think it is too early days to judge the new owner's achievements. If his avowed aim to establish a soundly-financed club for the future comes off, then he should go down positively in our history. Time will tell. In the meantime, at present the long term aim seems to be at the expense of short term credibility.

For example, forza verde appears to have motivated a number of young supporters. If their enthusiasm doesn't bring entertainment and success on the pitch then they will become disillusioned and that will be a whole chunk of our future that goes down the tubes!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Boycott games (no real hardship there) or if you go to matches, protest! Public campaign questioning JB's motives at Home Park Form a truly independent supporters group.

Despite what he says, he's acutely aware that he and his business operates in the public spotlight, so I feel that's where he's most vulnerable. I don't live in Plymouth, but if I did I would be bombarding my local Councillor with questions about the Authority's involvement with JB, why does he get all the plum contracts, why didn't the Council insist that part of the money they spent on buying the football ground went to paying the staff's wages etc etc.

Above all, the internet was used/manipulated to support his bid to buy the club, lets use it against him, we all know what was posted on Pasoti about anyone other than JB who even hinted that they might be interested in buying the club, why not fight fire with fire?

The amount of ire being directed at the puppets, if directed where it should be, would make himdecidedly uncomfortable.

Just a word of warning. Don't make it personal as that would backfire.

I don't know JB, so I don't know what he's like as a person. I just believe, and up to now facts confirm, that he isn't good for PAFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:35 pm

I still think it's too early to tell....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:20 pm

maybe later on this afternoon then.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Some of us do see the bigger picture Grovie.................. and always have.

Brent and his jamboys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:46 pm

oddball wrote:
maybe later on this afternoon then.

On the pitch things have sounded awful. I've not managed a match so far but from comments on here, on pasoti, on the radio and in the press there seems a consensus.

My 'too early to tell' comment was about the new owner.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:49 pm

In my book, anyone who calls the devious duo 'friends' and gives them free rein at HP, is an enemy of the club.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Agreed. Brent is poison. The day this individual is gone from my club can't come soon enough.

F*** OFF BRENT AND TAKE YOUR GOONS AND YOUR DOG SHIT MANAGER WITH YOU!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

I agree with you Grovy, the two characters involved are just deflecting the criticism from Brent and he must be loving it!

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 am

Knetch is right regards Froza Verde if the team struggles they will have nothing to shout about & will look pathetic.

And Grovehill I dont know JB, CW or any of the others who run the club. And I dont want to know them either, however I try to judge them ONLY by what 'success' the club has on the pitch (which is the ONLY reason we go to watch football) & how well it runs off the pitch.

At the moment its embarrasing. Many are starting to feel the same, the tide will turn if bad results continue hopefully we will return to winnings ways soon.................
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Knetch is right regards Froza Verde if the team struggles they will have nothing to shout about & will look pathetic.

And Grovehill I dont know JB, CW or any of the others who run the club. And I dont want to know them either, however I try to judge them ONLY by what 'success' the club has on the pitch (which is the ONLY reason we go to watch football) & how well it runs off the pitch.

At the moment its embarrasing. Many are starting to feel the same, the tide will turn if bad results continue hopefully we will return to winnings ways soon.................

Unfortunately, it takes more than 'hope' and 'spin'.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 am

Freathy wrote:
Agreed. Brent is poison. The day this individual is gone from my club can't come soon enough.

F*** OFF BRENT AND TAKE YOUR GOONS AND YOUR DOG SHIT MANAGER WITH YOU!!

By then he we have made his millions on his land and left us with a team worth nothing
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:53 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

The trick of course is to rise above the "you only sing when your winning" syndrome. That is when you have a real Forza to be reckoned with!

And the only sort capable of lifting a poor team.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:02 pm

crikey rickler a forklift would struggle to lift this team !!!!!!!!! lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight the REAL fight   Fight the REAL fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Fight the REAL fight
Page 1 of 1