Mock Cuncher

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Terrible draw.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

One of the worst possible in my opinion. How did that draw work? I missed the beginning and they only drew one team from what I could see.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

afa tee shirts at the ready.

not been there for years, do they still have wooden benches at the cricket end?

thats an awful draw, minimum pay out and out before the real big teams come into the competition

same old same old
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm sure Fletch will get the lads to pass them off the park Laughing
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Guaranteed pasting here,abysmal record at Turf Moor, never beaten them on their own patch even when we have been in the same division so what chance will we have when their 2 division's higher then us, couple that with Fletchers shit tactics and team selection.
Still we can savour our win against the mighty Pompey youth.....that will be as good as it gets this season, oh and don't forget the Aviva fests and giant flags and banners

jocolor
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Oddly enough we won 2~1 there, when they were a division one side, and we were on the way to the League Cup semi's after beating Portsmouth in the first round. 1973-74 season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

cant they just re-do the draw ?
what a dreadful draw, you never know we might beat them........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh well we beat the Pompey youth academy.
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Away to Burnley?! Typical Argyle!? What's Fletcher and Brent doing? They've got to go. They can't even run the draw properly!
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Did anyone watch the draw? Only one ball was drawn for each tie so was that pre-determined that by being at home in Rd 1 we had to be away in Rd 2. That probably doesn't work but nobody pulled one set of balls out that was visible.

I demand a re-draw and an away tie against Southampton please.
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Did anyone watch the draw? Only one ball was drawn for each tie so was that pre-determined that by being at home in Rd 1 we had to be away in Rd 2. That probably doesn't work but nobody pulled one set of balls out that was visible.

The first part of the draw was to determine whether the unseeded teams would be home or away. It was meant to be shown live on Sky Sports News but they chose to stick with the press conference from Lords where Andrew Strauss gave his views on the whole situation with Kevin Pietersen's bruised ego omission from the Test squad.
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Ah I see, so Burnley are seeds. I was watching when the cricket shit hit the fan, all a bit sad if you ask me. Some of the England players were definitely behind or involved in the KP Genius Twitter account, funny it was too, so he texts a few fellow South Africans taking the piss out of Strauss and a few others.

What made me laugh is Tim Bresnan saying England might be stronger without Pietersen! No Tim he maybe a bit of a knob but one of the best batsmen in the world, averaging nigh on 50, whereas you could be dropped and the England team could be stronger if Finn or Onions played instead.

It's got to be resolved soon but I can't see how KP can come back into the side and there not be any bad feeling in the dressing room.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 pm

either or for me as long as the bars open dont think it maters,good game last night though,cracking first goal,pompey fans got in to the fans reunited thing and kept going till the end,it was allmost like they were just happy to have a team to support,
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 pm

tcm wrote:
either or for me as long as the bars open dont think it maters,good game last night though,cracking first goal,pompey fans got in to the fans reunited thing and kept going till the end,it was allmost like they were just happy to have a team to support,

Yeah but Burnley away on a Tuesday night, with a probable gate of 5k-6k isn't going to do us much good.

Do you go to the Fanfests Mike? Or do you drink in the pubs before the game?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:40 pm

ive been to a few fan fests jock,good crack,i know you dont like them (not quite sure what you do like),but normally ile have a few in town pop back to my brothers car where i keep the scrumpy,so whats your pre match thing jock?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

The first part of the draw was to determine whether the unseeded teams would be home or away. It was meant to be shown live on Sky Sports News but they chose to stick with the press conference from Lords where Andrew Strauss gave his views on the whole situation with Kevin Pietersen's bruised ego omission from the Test squad.

That draw was a load of crap in all ways.All of the anticipation was taken away by the pre-draw for home or away status.The old system has worked for the FA cup for over 100 years,why change it FFS? As for Burnley away,couldn't have been worse,probably sums up our fortunes at the moment.Mind you,i've just had another flashback.......

October 30th 1973 League cup third round

Burnley 1 Argyle 2

First Pompey,then Burnley......away to Birmingham next? QPR, then a miners strike for the semi final? lol!
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:48 pm

I usually only go to away games and start drinking on the train at 8am and find a friendly pub when I arrive. In Plymouth we used to drink in Henry J's in town, because it opened at 10am and then did a bit of a tour until getting a taxi at 2.30 to the ground.

Have tried quite a few pubs in Plymouth but my favourite was the Valley Tor I think it was called, but it's been demolished now. Sort of pub where anything went if you know what I mean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 pm

The shittest of all possible draws. It really couldn't be any worse. After defying all odds and battling to a famous win over Pompey school boys this shit draw is our 'prize'
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I usually only go to away games and start drinking on the train at 8am and find a friendly pub when I arrive. In Plymouth we used to drink in Henry J's in town, because it opened at 10am and then did a bit of a tour until getting a taxi at 2.30 to the ground.

Have tried quite a few pubs in Plymouth but my favourite was the Valley Tor I think it was called, but it's been demolished now. Sort of pub where anything went if you know what I mean Very Happy

Was it the Valletort Jock? Got badly turned over many moons ago by some Exeter fans,as i recall. Didn't know it had been demolished,haven't been down Demport/Stoke for ages.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:41 pm

First Great Western £153.00 return.Have a great day out boys/girls. Razz
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Was it the Valletort Jock? Got badly turned over many moons ago by some Exeter fans,as i recall. Didn't know it had been demolished,haven't been down Demport/Stoke for ages.

Yeah that was it, in the middle of an estate. We stumbled across it once and then made it one of our regular haunts for home games. Went in there one lunchtime and they were having a gun club. Loads of pistols and rifles laid out on the tables for show, along with an array of crossbows, knives and swords affraid I'm pretty sure no-one had a gun licence, and I would say that some of the weapons had seen a lot of service Razz

It was a rough pub but a good crack. Decent jukebox and pool table and the beer was always alright.

Didn't go in there for a year or two and went looking for it one day only to find it had been demolished. Shame because there was always good smoke available in there drunken
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Ah I see, so Burnley are seeds. I was watching when the cricket shit hit the fan, all a bit sad if you ask me. Some of the England players were definitely behind or involved in the KP Genius Twitter account, funny it was too, so he texts a few fellow South Africans taking the piss out of Strauss and a few others.

What made me laugh is Tim Bresnan saying England might be stronger without Pietersen! No Tim he maybe a bit of a knob but one of the best batsmen in the world, averaging nigh on 50, whereas you could be dropped and the England team could be stronger if Finn or Onions played instead.

It's got to be resolved soon but I can't see how KP can come back into the side and there not be any bad feeling in the dressing room.
For me the bad feeling has to be resolved or we've got to be very lucky for one of Bairstow, Taylor or A.N.Other to come good quickly for us to remain at the top of the tree. We don't look great as it is against a very strong unit of Saffers.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

For me the bad feeling has to be resolved or we've got to be very lucky for one of Bairstow, Taylor or A.N.Other to come good quickly for us to remain at the top of the tree. We don't look great as it is against a very strong unit of Saffers.

Just to take the thread even further off-topic...I know Bairstow and Taylor are talented cricketers, but there's one guy who's in the form of his life, and has a few years on those two young shavers. I know I'm a Somerset member, and therefore as biased as they come, but what does Nick Compton have to do to get a look-in (and I know he's got a slight injury at the moment, but even so, he's been imperious all season).
Back to top Go down

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

It's weird how all of a sudden Englands bowling is being taken apart. Lately if anyone has let em down it's been the batsmen.

I can't see the 3rd test changing too much, even with Swann back, but England have done it time and time again so fingers crossed without KP playing because I don't think Bairstow is a test batsman yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Round Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Two   Round Two Empty

Back to top Go down

Round Two
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next