Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary

Go down 
+2
Freathy
downthetrack
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary Empty
PostSubject: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 pm

went today and its always nice visiting Saltash for pre season (especially the kids climbing over the wall :shh: )

Not an awfull lot to say about the game which was much better in the second half despite a superb diving header from a lively Hithcock today.

He went on to do plenty more in the game, dancing around the Saltash defence before seeing his shots blocked by a superb home goalkeeper.

As for the rest of the team, cant say anything bad to be honest, there was a goalkeeping change and both were splendid throughout.

A nice turnout from the green army tonight (tried to get a pic on here but looks a little to big)

Not an awfull lot more to say here but a nice little game and a scoreline which does not do the team justice.

promising for saturday
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:23 pm

I think Shrewsbury will be a bit stiffer opposition than Saltash,imo cobi
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 pm

We are f***ing rubbish. Saltash f***ing Utd and we scrape a 1-0 win? Enjoy shrewsbury Saturday lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 pm

[quote="downthetrack"]I think Shrewsbury will be a bit stiffer opposition than Saltash,imo cobi[/quote

Yeah your right and I dont expect to much but there is no way the players were playing to full potential. Peter Reid was saying in the second half responding to a restless crowd "bollocks to them, keep passing" and so we did, they hardly touched it.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks for the report Cobi, are you going to have a go at the forcasting league this year?
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Agree with that,and most importantly no one injured,your a bit light on players
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:41 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Agree with that,and most importantly no one injured,your a bit light on players

Yeah in the same fixture last pre season (an 8 0 win) Bolasie was injured and missed the start.

And yes Pete I have missed that, throw me in
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Cheers Cobi, keep us informed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 am

Snatched a 1-0 win at Saltash..........Christ on a bike!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 am

Friendly results dont mean anything, just helps players get matchfit.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:51 am

While I agree with that in principle Pete, they do give pointers andPAFC 125 has managed odd goal wins against two non league teams. You need to be big and strong and PAFC 125 is not, you might be able to outpass Saltash (with no end product!) but when faced with a team full of Wottonesque 'presence' I suspect you'll see boys v men.

Shrewsbury were a by no means shabby league 2 side last season, I sense a crushing down to earth reality check on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:35 pm

[quote="cobipafc"]
downthetrack wrote:
I think Shrewsbury will be a bit stiffer opposition than Saltash,imo cobi[/quote

Yeah your right and I dont expect to much but there is no way the players were playing to full potential. Peter Reid was saying in the second half responding to a restless crowd "bollocks to them, keep passing" and so we did, they hardly touched it.

I was stood behind Shaun Reid, and he said to one of the backroom staff, this half is just about passing and moving, at one stage Argyle put together a 57 pass move. What does worry me though is that they just couldnt finish, i know the Saltash keeper probably had his best game ever, but in front of goal we were poor, and there was no real defence splitting passes. Competative football is differant though, so im looking forward to Saturday when the season starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary   Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary Empty

Back to top Go down

Saltash 0 Argyle 1 summary
Page 1 of 1