Argyle 2 truro 1 summary

Go down 
+2
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Argyle 2 truro 1 summary Empty
PostSubject: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:04 pm

It was a game between two very different football sides with obviously different ambitions in this game. Truro, who were a strong opposition, went into the game with all guns out and they looked determined. Argyle went into the game looking slightly laxed and far to composed. This in-balance caused a balance in skill and made the game fairly even.

1st half:
The match started off slow with the majority being played in midfield, our number 2 (name?) was causing them all sorts of problems and the link up play with Hitchcock looked good. Gradually a determined Truro side found a way back into the game and started creating some chances for themselves and Jake Cole was forced into two good saves before he was eventually beaten by a composed finish after a defensive error.
Argyle soon re-gained control of the match and a thumping shot from Fletcher took a deflection to end up in the back of the net strongly dampening the high spirirts the Truro fans had wound themselves into. After a sitter was missed on the line for argyle we took the lead when a through ball was nicely put away.

2nd half:
The second period did nothing to mirror the first half and the tempo was slow.
Both teams were forced into some clumsy tackles and despite it being a friendly, were lucky not to be booked.
Truro had few chances and argyle had one on the line cleared before eventually Walton stuck the ball in only to see it ruled out for offside.

Nice to see some old faces back at Home Park including the player with the best reception, Barry Hayles.
I just thought we had a great bunch of individual talents out there but they failed to link up and punish the lower league oppostion.

My MOTM: Jake Cole (GK)
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Scraping wins against teams the size of Truro. Can't wait til we play them in the league in a year or two's time.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 pm

We've finally found our level
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Scraping wins against teams the size of Truro. Can't wait til we play them in the league in a year or two's time.

You obviously wasnt there then, as it was more than comfortable, and it was a pre season friendly ffs, Rochdale beat a prem league team 3-0 the other night, does this mean Rochdale found thier level or that prem league team should be league 1! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 am

125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

You obviously wasnt there then, as it was more than comfortable, and it was a pre season friendly ffs, Rochdale beat a prem league team 3-0 the other night, does this mean Rochdale found thier level or that prem league team should be league 1! Rolling Eyes

Ha ha ! what's your real name ? Come on be brave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 am

I reckon he's really called 2011.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 am

Cheers for the report Cobi, nice to see you back.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:03 am

Have we missed the last ever episode of Greenbonk ? pale
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Its strange i thought this site was called democratic, being a democratic must mean just slag off anything and anyone associated with Argyle, always look on the dull side of life, try to be positive or realistic and Gardener mine it all kicks off Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Or put another way ....in 'democratic' terms, some would call this site representative of the official opposition.

I personally can't fathom your perspective ... I see most vews expresed on this site as quite refreshing and often very positive, as many see an end to this Ridsdale concocted fiasco at some stage. If the sun comes up or goes down, you'll hear it here first.... little corporate speak and nodding on here, that's for stuffy boardrooms, sales meetings and the back of the grandstand. Loosen up, take a deep breath, there's nothing depressing or dastardly in commenting on a sunset as well as a sunrise... it's all part of the day. You should get out more. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:57 pm

125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Its strange i thought this site was called democratic, being a democratic must mean just slag off anything and anyone associated with Argyle, always look on the dull side of life, try to be positive or realistic and Gardener mine it all kicks off Laughing

I'm not being pedantic or anything,but genuine question,what does "Gardener mine it all kicks off" mean?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:

what does "Gardener mine it all kicks off" mean?

That'll be the swear barrier subsitituting naughty words for other naughty words like Gardner, Todd, and *****wallet
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I'm not being pedantic or anything,but genuine question,what does "Gardener mine it all kicks off" mean?

Or............ 'bring yer dinner !' lol!

The guy is clearly a Pasoti, Trust in Stapes hero, who spotted all this coming years ago jocolor

All we democrats ask for is honesty. What are you bears afraid of, we won't ban you ? Be a man ffs ! Who are you ?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Or............ 'bring yer dinner !' lol!

The guy is clearly a Pasoti, Trust in Stapes hero, who spotted all this coming years ago jocolor

All we democrats ask for is honesty. What are you bears afraid of, we won't ban you ? Be a man ffs ! Who are you ?

You couldnt be further from the truth, I find Pasoti amusing, all im saying is a 2-1 win against truro in a pre-season friendly is not and should not be treated as if Argyle are shit and we are the level of a non league club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 2 truro 1 summary   Argyle 2 truro 1 summary Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle 2 truro 1 summary
Page 1 of 1