Go down 
+3
Flat_Track_Bully
Warny
Freathy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 pm

"trust the budget"

^^^^^^ yes, I will when we have brought in 1/2 new (decent) strikers, A decent LM, perhaps a CM, cover at CB.

Carl Fletcher knows what he's doing, but I feel for him because he has very little money to play with, if any.

Worries creeping in.

Back to top Go down

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Cobi, fletcher is clueless and brent does not give a fvck about the team,just his investment.
Back to top Go down

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Nows the chance Block4Green. Take the frustration out on the Seagull....

Things are going badly wrong today. First Newell was packing the envelopes at Home Park and he may have packed mine. I won't know if he was playing with his penis at the time so might have to get the next door dog to open it. And now there you are having doubts. I mean you of all people...........get a grip man.
Back to top Go down

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Fletcher will be sacked at christmas, through no fault of his own, because brent thinks the current side is capable of promotion
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Fletcher is one crap 'manager'. Any other chairman would have sacked this buffoon after a dozen matches in charge. Not brent though. Becuase fletcher is CHEAP! And brent doesn't give a single solitary SHIT how crap the team is. Fletcher has a job for life, or at least until brent finally f***s off from PAFC, a day that cannot come soon enough.

BRENT OUT!!!!
FLETCHER OUT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't think Fletch does know what he's doing. He needs to actually go into coaching somewhere, develop his craft by experiencing different methods, set-ups etc. All he's shown so far is what has prevailed for decades in England, for me, that doesn't bode well for his future in management.

Also, bar Kevin Hodges (and whose time as manager I can see Fletch mirroring), there's no experience in the rest of the coaching set-up or above either to offer advice or something different.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Block3Green wrote:
Fletcher will be sacked at christmas, through no fault of his own, because brent thinks the current side is capable of promotion

I was dead against CF being appointed in the first place, because he had no experience and was being given a tough job - keeping us up with a team that Reid had managed to cobble together using players he had found lying around the side of the road. To my surprise I think, given the circumstances, CF actually did a very good job last season. Despite having no experience, little money and starting with a team that was adrift at the bottom, he still managed to keep us up. All this doesn't of course mean that he is the right man to take us forward....

This season we have heard talk of budgets that are good enough to get us challenging for playoffs etc, but as the preseason has progressed it has become apparent that CF is being forced to shop around in the bargain bins, much like Reid was last season. I wasn't expecting us to be throwing money around at all, but I was expecting, given our average attendance in comparison with the rest of the league, that we would be able to maybe snap up some players on frees that other teams in this league were after. Instead we are trying to pick up players they are discarding, or non-league hopefuls.

It is starting to look like CF might be being set up as a patsy, to take the fall for a disappointing season (probably at the end of the season when it won't cost anything to be rid of him) and to deflect attention away from the lack of money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

I was dead against CF being appointed in the first place, because he had no experience and was being given a tough job - keeping us up with a team that Reid had managed to cobble together using players he had found lying around the side of the road. To my surprise I think, given the circumstances, CF actually did a very good job last season. Despite having no experience, little money and starting with a team that was adrift at the bottom, he still managed to keep us up. All this doesn't of course mean that he is the right man to take us forward....

This season we have heard talk of budgets that are good enough to get us challenging for playoffs etc, but as the preseason has progressed it has become apparent that CF is being forced to shop around in the bargain bins, much like Reid was last season. I wasn't expecting us to be throwing money around at all, but I was expecting, given our average attendance in comparison with the rest of the league, that we would be able to maybe snap up some players on frees that other teams in this league were after. Instead we are trying to pick up players they are discarding, or non-league hopefuls.

It is starting to look like CF might be being set up as a patsy, to take the fall for a disappointing season (probably at the end of the season when it won't cost anything to be rid of him) and to deflect attention away from the lack of money.

I think this is a brilliant post, although perhaps the last paragraph is a little sinister. I don't think Carl is the perfect manager, but I think he has the best intentions and did well to keep us up and he is worth keeping on, the problem is he has no money to fiddle with.
Back to top Go down

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Carl Fletcher has a rolling 12 month contract,in other words there will always be 12 months left whenever Brent decides to sack him.Carl Fletcher had a mentor last season,this season he is on his own and the cracks are showing.Fletcher has signed the players.The buck stops with him.Ten matches is the first hurdle that he must cross,near the bottom and it should be au revoir.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:21 am

i wouldnt feel too sorry for him a 12mth rolling contractg means approx 300k pay out if he gets the boot.

dont forget he has also had 3 seasons on a Championship wage as a result of the 'golden handcuffs' contract.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:39 am

Block3Green wrote:

If by chance Brent really does think that the current side is capable of promotion, then it is Brent himself who should be sacked. Impossible I know...

But casting my mind back... I know the Riddler was in the picture , but I am sure when James Brent was buying the club that he stated he would never hold the "chairmans" role himself? Ring a bell with onyone else?
Back to top Go down

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:29 am

I agree with Flat Track.

Fletcher is being set up as the Patsy and I believe he err y'knows it too!

CF informed the masses weeks ago that the budget given to him would not allow for the wages of the players he wanted to bring in, his A List if you will. 24 hours later we get the infamous Harry "Competitive Budget" BBC interview, closely followed by El Puppet attempting to flog more memberships with the promise of a BIG signing in his own inimitable sexed up propagandist way!

I know whose take on the size of said budget I tend to side with.

If I was Fletcher I would be playing "the budget" card at every opportunity, it is his biggest weapon in order to deflect the inevitable Aviva backlash. He has been dealt a poor hand from Harry thats why I think he has kept a lot of the shite from last season, he has a better chance of polishing that collective turd rather then gambling with a fresh load of Z List PFA nobodies.

But hey lest we forget the BIG flag, Sooty n Sweep and we still have a Club Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:34 am

Rickler wrote:
Block3Green wrote:

If by chance Brent really does think that the current side is capable of promotion, then it is Brent himself who should be sacked. Impossible I know...

But casting my mind back... I know the Riddler was in the picture , but I am sure when James Brent was buying the club that he stated he would never hold the "chairmans" role himself? Ring a bell with onyone else?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
I agree with Flat Track.

Fletcher is being set up as the Patsy and I believe he err y'knows it too!

CF informed the masses weeks ago that the budget given to him would not allow for the wages of the players he wanted to bring in, his A List if you will. 24 hours later we get the infamous Harry "Competitive Budget" BBC interview, closely followed by El Puppet attempting to flog more memberships with the promise of a BIG signing in his own inimitable sexed up propagandist way!

I know whose take on the size of said budget I tend to side with.

If I was Fletcher I would be playing "the budget" card at every opportunity, it is his biggest weapon in order to deflect the inevitable Aviva backlash. He has been dealt a poor hand from Harry thats why I think he has kept a lot of the shite from last season, he has a better chance of polishing that collective turd rather then gambling with a fresh load of Z List PFA nobodies.

But hey lest we forget the BIG flag, Sooty n Sweep and we still have a Club Sleep

No decent manager would have taken the job on offer.

Nobody at HP seems to have a feckin clue.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 am

If we had an experienced manager we'd be hearing a lot more about this 'budget' in the press. I remember Pulis waxing lyrical about paying more for a goalscorer because they're 'so worth it' and 'great investments', next thing we know we suddenly have the budget to loan Pericard (who'd scored loads of goals previously at that level) on 9k/week - even if he didn't do much with us (hatrick vs Cov aside), at least we got a player at realistic costs for the time.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 am

It may be that, as the season opens and clubs consider which of their players they don't have immediate use for, a good loan player or two will become available. It does seem that we really need some more signings at least to stir the blood!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 am

I too think there will be loans. I just hope we get them in early and don't wait until we've lost our first 5 games and the loan window is shutting.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Feel for fletch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feel for fletch...   Feel for fletch... Empty

Back to top Go down

Feel for fletch...
Page 1 of 1