+2
Grovehill
Dougie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Lowry Out for 3 Months Empty
PostSubject: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:30 pm

So says Argyle twitter
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 pm

He's being paid.

Get him to work in the office.

Stuffing envelopes or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Very suprised our injury prone new signing is out for three months. no one saw that coming eh fletch?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Why not ? .......... the governement is demanding that GPs don't sign normal people off sick totally, merely give a certificate of what they CAN do, whilst fainting.
If Purse goes down with a bug, he can still work from home up in London or wherever.... stuffing envelopes, or answering the club phone. If injured, maybe he could do a night shift sitting down, filleting fish, contributing to the Argyle coffers. Who oversees football signings these days ? the clubs or the agents ?

As to Lowry ...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Argyle start their season in the now traditional manner. Another fine purchase. Chadders should last two games I reckon.

Last edited by Penz on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Gutted for the lad, but his previous is well known. Not much over 100 games in six years tells it's own story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:07 pm

On previous posts I've said that, as far as I've found, he has had just two injuries. One of them was serious enough to put him out for a long time - I think it was an anterior cruciate ligament injury. That doesn't make him injury prone.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 pm

His body might just not be able to take the rigours of full time football following his other injuries, potentially leading to problems elsewhere. Crewe's medical staff may have done more due diligence on him and felt the risk wasn't worth taking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Knecht a hundred games in six years, that says he injury prone to me, either that or he's had a lot of tummy aches and nasty colds bless him!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:21 pm

knecht wrote:
On previous posts I've said that, as far as I've found, he has had just two injuries. One of them was serious enough to put him out for a long time - I think it was an anterior cruciate ligament injury. That doesn't make him injury prone.

Come off it Knecht.20 games in 2 seasons and now a three month lay off? How many more do you have to miss to be classified as injury prone? Truth is that the signings we're making are bargain basement ones and if you get players in that no other club seems to want,then there must be some flaw in them,with inherent risks attached.This is a massive blow as far as i'm concerned and i really don't like the way the way things are going in more ways than one.Sympathy to Jamie Lowry,i believe he hails from these parts and his family are well known in local football circles-it must be cruelly frustrating to see his career being stalled in this way and you have to feel sorry for him,doesn't help us one little bit though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:42 pm

It all sounds just like the previous regime, and signings are carrying on in the same manner with the same result. And why wouldn't it... the same personnel are involved and all that has changed is the name of the property developer who owns the club and the split of who owes all the money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 pm

There are "facts" and there are "internet facts". The latter gain currency by repetition and by going unchallenged.

The debate about the absence of any signings that, so far, get the pulse going is one thing. The debate about how much money is not being spent and how much is being made is another. Whether the signings we have made are good enough to have us rising up the league is yet another.

As far as I am aware, (NB I may have missed something), Lowry is not injury prone. That suggests to me a whole series of injuries of varying severity that mean a stop/start career. I think he has had TWO injuries. One of them was a badly damaged anterior cruciate ligament injury that may or may not have received proper treatment. That sort of injury puts you out of the game for a long time - it can be career threatening. He missed virtually all of the 2009-10 season. The other injury was a broken toe. That's one serious injury plus another of a lesser kind. That doesn't make him "injury prone".

Allegedly, the reason Crewe didn't finally sign him was concern over whether his knee had healed properly. As far as I am aware, there were no other concerns. The manager seemingly wanted him but responded to medical advice about his knee.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 am

knecht wrote:
There are "facts" and there are "internet facts". The latter gain currency by repetition and by going unchallenged.

The debate about the absence of any signings that, so far, get the pulse going is one thing. The debate about how much money is not being spent and how much is being made is another. Whether the signings we have made are good enough to have us rising up the league is yet another.

As far as I am aware, (NB I may have missed something), Lowry is not injury prone. That suggests to me a whole series of injuries of varying severity that mean a stop/start career. I think he has had TWO injuries. One of them was a badly damaged anterior cruciate ligament injury that may or may not have received proper treatment. That sort of injury puts you out of the game for a long time - it can be career threatening. He missed virtually all of the 2009-10 season. The other injury was a broken toe. That's one serious injury plus another of a lesser kind. That doesn't make him "injury prone".

Allegedly, the reason Crewe didn't finally sign him was concern over whether his knee had healed properly. As far as I am aware, there were no other concerns. The manager seemingly wanted him but responded to medical advice about his knee.

We've got that to look forward to in 3 months then ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:57 am

Not sure about the extent of Soukouna's injury last night, he went for a fifty fifty ball in the area and had to be helped off the pitch. Up until then I actually thought he was our best midfielder and you could see that given free reign he could be quite dangerous.

Hourihane doesn't do much with the ball, but is always available and I guess you would say he pulls the strings, but too often he chipped the ball up to Chadwick on the edge of the box, which isn't a dangerous cross and needs a knock-down, which Chadwick hardly managed once! He's seriously not going to score more than half a dozen goals all season. Lecointe might though, he does look sharp and better than when I saw him early last season and I would play him.

The Argentinian guy on the wing? Looks exactly like Juninho who played for Boro, tiny and was always eager for the ball from Williams, who tried linking up with him quite often, but he's rubbish. He didn't beat his man once in the first half, and I was chatting at the start of the second half then left with the family.

He got knocked off the ball all too often and when he did have a couple of half chances to do something, his shooting was awful. If he is our big hope we're fecked!

Jarred Simms still looks lightweight, and again was knocked off the ball a couple of times, but he tried hard to win it back.

Darren Purse stands out like a sore thumb and reads the game so well it's a doddle for him playing lower league opposition, but we really can't string more than a couple of passes together before it's chipped into the box.

Tiverton won lots of 50/50 balls, which is expected because you don't want too many strong challenges before the season's started, but watching it is painful. Tiverton weren't any danger at all in the first half, and scored a goal from a bit of a goalmouth scramble, other than that I couldn't see them even getting a shot on target. The problem is, and it's a huge problem, is that nor do we. Soukouna powered forward a few times and hit a couple of decent shots, Lecointe was feeding off of scraps but looks intelligent and knew where the ball was going, he had a couple of good efforts blocked, but he made the chances himself really.

We desperately need a creative midfielder, and or a good winger. I didn't see much of Young, as I was still chatting when he scored, and didn't see Lennox or PCH but the report doesn't mention them much.

It was what it was. A pre-season friendly against guys playing their hearts out because Argyle are professionals. They went in hard and had a small guy themselves who out muscled our Argie winger a fair few times, despite being about the same size.

Unimpressive and a bit worrying!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 pm

I can't make out if this is a case of the penny finally dropping, or if it's just a case of superfan fatigue Rolling Eyes

IJN
Post subject: Re: Tiverton 1 v ARGYLE 2 (FT)Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 am

I've never been able to suss PSF's, they always confuse the hell out of me, as the players never seem to give their all, or they play somewhat differently to what they do in the REAL games.

I've now seen Yeovil, Truro and Tivvy, and I'm not sure what I've witnessed if I'm honest.

I think I'll give up the PSF's from next season, as they do little for me (or for most of the players if you ask me).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm

knecht wrote:

Aren't you just quibbling over semantics though. He may not be injury prone in terms of the frequency of injuries, but he may be said to have injury problems. A guy who has one injury every other season, that puts him out for 4 months, is not particularly 'prone' to injuries, but it is still a significant problem.

Lowry has had a career threatening injury which resulted in him missing pretty much an entire season, which probably has knock on effects for his fitness in future seasons. He hasn't played a significant amount of games in a season since that big injury. The fact that he failed a medical at Crewe just a week or so before signing for us raised alarm bells that we were getting a player who still had injury problems. I know his current injury is related to his ankle rather than knee, but having a dodgy knee can have knock-on effects to the rest of the leg, or change how a player approaches tackling/running to protect his knee, thus making other parts of the leg more vulnerable.

The bottom line is we signed a player with a question mark relating to his fitness hanging over his head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:40 pm

No, I don't think it's semantics. Pedantic?! Me?!

But to continue the pedantry .... even your post has words in it that can contribute to an unfair perception of the bloke. He may have an injury problem - his knee. That much seems to have been the reason that Crewe didn't eventually take him on. But you describe it as problemS. That seems to be no different to describing him as injury prone as posters above have described him.

It may have implications for how he carries himself. Who knows? But anyone playing at any time can be the recipient of a bad tackle that causes damage. You can't legislate for that and you can't pin that down to an injury problem.

Let's hope he comes good for us come November and contribute to securing our undoubted place in the promotion hunt. Smile
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:26 pm

knecht wrote:
No, I don't think it's semantics. Pedantic?! Me?!

But to continue the pedantry .... even your post has words in it that can contribute to an unfair perception of the bloke. He may have an injury problem - his knee. That much seems to have been the reason that Crewe didn't eventually take him on. But you describe it as problemS. That seems to be no different to describing him as injury prone as posters above have described him.

It may have implications for how he carries himself. Who knows? But anyone playing at any time can be the recipient of a bad tackle that causes damage. You can't legislate for that and you can't pin that down to an injury problem.

Let's hope he comes good for us come November and contribute to securing our undoubted place in the promotion hunt. Smile

An injury problem, or injury problems, it's an irrelevant distinction. You only need one injury at a time to make you unavailable. Perhaps we should ask Crewe's physio who said there were 'one or two things that were a little bit concerning'. Yet a fortnight later we signed him, and a fortnight after that he gets a serious injury! We've clearly taken a gamble that Crewe didn't think was worth taking (they rated him as a player) and it's come back to bite us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowry Out for 3 Months   Lowry Out for 3 Months Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowry Out for 3 Months
Page 1 of 1