Freathy
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
Dougie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 pm

25 years old, played for chesterfield and crewe. Most comfy at CM but can play across midfield and at RB. Highly rated by chesterfield fans but slightly injury prone.

decent signing
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Keeps his cards close to his chest does our Carl.

Only a striker & a defender to go and we have at least covered minimum options.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Don't know diddly squat about him. Looks like Walton's replacement?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:52 pm

He's got a breadstick knee.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 pm

slightly injury prone! Another one, great!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Crewe would have signed him but their physio didn't like the look of what was going on inside his knee,so they did not proceed.Argyle are taking something of a gamble one would think on that score.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:16 pm

One could assume that if this guy is a gamble because of his knee. It makes him a very cheap option.

Par for the course then
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 pm

He won't be featuring much next season then.

Same old Argo, same old shit
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Fairly underwhelmed again. Looks like another 'squad player' type.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Who was that fullback with the dodgy ankles that hardly played a game in his career when he came here ..... Coventry ?... yet ran up a hefty wage bill ?
Looked a decent player, but oh, couldn't you just tell from his gait what was going to happen next.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 pm

That was David "Knackered me knee" McNamee.Argyle have been down this road many a time before.I can remember Argyle signing Alan Peacock many years ago,he also had had a bad injury and made very few appearances before he retired from the game.Just have to wait and see how this new guy fares.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Hit the bar once did Peacock .... I saw him play, as the Fanfest song goes no doubt... you had to be quick to catch him....signed one month ... consigned to the scrapheap next month.
The time of year for Hole in the head Peddelty stories.
It's all very well saying the club can just give a crock appearance weighted money, but there's more to it than that ... it's all about building a team, not wasting time and effort on someone who has a body that has continually failed him ... that's good energy for the NHS, but not for a football club
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Ah, back in the day where at least the crocks we signed had played for England Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Lowry seemed well-liked at Chesterfield as well as Crewe. His injury was a cruciate ligament and he was out of the game for many months. But he came back and did very well for Crewe on loan. He is described as a hard-working, tough-tackling player with flair.

11 goals in 100 games for Chesterfield.

According to Sky, Crewe wanted to extend his loan but they couldn't agree terms with Chesterfield. And then questions were raised by the Crewe's physio about the condition of his knee. As might be expected, nobody has come out and stated his injury is a liability. In fact when he came back from being out for so long he still performed well.

He is ours now so lets wait and see.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:56 pm

knecht wrote:
According to Sky, Crewe wanted to extend his loan but they couldn't agree terms with Chesterfield.

That'll be his agent speaking, then. Maybe Jonah reads that stuff.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Hmm not sure on this one. If Crewe wanted to commit to another loan period, they weren't sure enough to buy him.

We were stitched with a club announcing they had doubts about BWP's dodgy knees, and he hasn't done too badly since we got a bag of sweets and a can of fizzy pop for him off Charlton.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:54 pm

If he doesnt end up with splinters on his arse from the treatment table then I see this as a shrewd bit of business from CF.
A player with decent League 1 experience, versatility and a good work ethic judging by the comments from Chesterfield & Crewe fans.

Bar the injury issues ?? Certainly the best addition to the squad so far.
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Jamie sicknote signs for us, bet Asda were gutted,
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:08 pm

He is a local lad to from Newquay.
Talk on the Farm that he turned down that lot up the road down for the opportunity to sign for Argo!
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Reading this lot I wondered if somebody had died. No it turns out we signed a player. Hope he hasn't got a computer to sign on to. I'll wait and see which is my usual stance with anyone arriving. No idea how it will turn out as does anyone else.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm sure he will "work his socks off" like everyone else for Carl.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:02 pm

There's a need to start moving players out of Home Park as the squad is far too big for this level. We're extremely unlikely to have more than 50 first team games in a season so I can't see the need for this "rack 'em & stack 'em" policy.

Too many players won't be getting a regular game, which on a playing level leads to discontent & loss of form. On a financial level it looks like CF is using his budget on a couple of dozen mediocre players rather than 18 or so "first teamers" with a bit of quality,
Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
He is a local lad to from Newquay.
Talk on the Farm that he turned down that lot up the road down for the opportunity to sign for Argo!

If that makes you feel good, believe whatever you want. He was never ever in our radar, however we did have a habit of signing injury prone players last season and the season before. We did sign another player yesterday, making it 5 so far. That said, they could all turn out crap.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Think the reaction on here is over negative frankly,doesn't look a bad signing to me.Decent pedigree,played well for Crewe in their run to the play offs last year.Type of player that we need,can't really understand the bad vibes on this one.I guess it comes back to making your mind up early about Fletcher and being critical if the bloke as much as farts in the wrong place but prefer to judge him on merit myself and he looks to have done well here.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
There's a need to start moving players out of Home Park as the squad is far too big for this level. We're extremely unlikely to have more than 50 first team games in a season so I can't see the need for this "rack 'em & stack 'em" policy.

Too many players won't be getting a regular game, which on a playing level leads to discontent & loss of form. On a financial level it looks like CF is using his budget on a couple of dozen mediocre players rather than 18 or so "first teamers" with a bit of quality,

Agreed. This squad is starting to look like Luggy MkII allover again and it still seems 2-3 players away from fielding a capable first XI, never mind a squad inclusive of a competitive subs bench. I was reading about Port Vale (still in administration) last night. Their fans seem very happy with their summer signings to date and expect to be challenging for a top 7 spot, despite being embargoed but then they do have an experienced manager.

No offence to Jamie intended, I wish him luck. Unfortunately his past injury record suggests he wont be a 1st team regular which represents yet another gamble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jamie Lowry signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jamie Lowry signs   Jamie Lowry signs Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamie Lowry signs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next