tcm
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

More Noise About The Mayflower Empty
PostSubject: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 am

Good news, but it is noticeably progressing much quicker than the building of our first team squad.

And by good news, obviously that is pending the 'other developments' on what used to be the clubs/city's land.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am

We'll have the best facilities in the conference at this rate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Mr President's Twatter feed says it could start in 2013, but no other details, which seems to me that following yesterdays PR disaster and the unrest shown by the natives, this is a hastily arranged piece of "Good news" trotted out which isn't really news at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:11 pm

I reckon Windsor Boy will bolt before Fletch gets sacked, I am just waiting for him to wish to spend more time with his family. Razz
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:14 pm

could be a consiracy jock?,,do you smoke a lot of weed? just that you sem to be oozeing paranioa lately?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Somewhat strangely the info comes from an interview in something called The Plymouth Magazine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:44 pm

the plymouth magazine eh,,,could he of been abduckted ?worrieing times,theres some thing not right,maybe ATD will sort the truth?its out there man,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:58 pm

An average attendance this season of 8,000 ? with the squad we have assembled ? Dream on Harry Razz
Still, no such dreams where success on the pitch is concerned. Where Stapes and Toddy said 5 years, Harry says 20 years. I think that says it all. What fan can be happy with that ?

As to the developments, an interesting comment regarding the 'ice rink' arena at Central park, stating that must be built before Pavillions site development.
I detect a bit of bouncing there a la Toddy... probably on the lines of give us a lot more permission in the park, or we'll just hang on the other far larger investment, which is one thing I think they may do anyway. I hope the Council are not going to be led down a garden path on all this. plymouth has long history of getting big projects hopelessly wrong, with only the Theatre Royal haveing been a success.

Last edited by Penz on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:58 pm

To begin tcm, what do you call 'reality?' When it comes to the abduction experience, I cannot define reality. In part, this is because in the experience, one seems to be in an altered state of consciousness. It is not a dream, but there are some similarities which make the experience dreamlike. Reality is what we perceive in this dimension. In the altered state of the abduction experience, there is another reality. The altered state of the abduction experience may not have reality in this dimension. Perhaps the other way around as well.

When I have a dream, I can rarely recall the dream. I know that I've had a dream, but within moments of my waking, the details elude. Some dreams can be recalled in a bit more detail. Those would be recurring dreams.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:02 pm

scary lol! do you think the main posters on this site are sat around together wereing leather,?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 pm

If they are I'd love to see the pics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 pm

tcm wrote:
could be a consiracy jock?,,do you smoke a lot of weed? just that you sem to be oozeing paranioa lately?

Not any more Mike. I used to drink a fair bit too, but after seeing what it does to some people, no names Mike, I've practically knocked that on the head too.

So the fact this "could" happen in 2013 according to Mr Presidents twatter is this weeks good news, or big news from within club? feck knows what sort of shit will be dragged up in a slow news week then.

Thinking about it though, the good news would have been the opening of the playground in Block 17, which the President is just all over. I think he might pop with excitement. It's right up there with winning promotion to the Championship Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Penz wrote:
An average attendance this season of 8,000 ? with the squad we have assembled ? Dream on Harry Razz
Still, no such dreams where success on the pitch is concerned. Where Stapes and Toddy said 5 years, Harry says 20 years. I think that says it all. What fan can be happy with that ?

As to the developments, an interesting comment regarding the 'ice rink' arena at Central park, stating that must be built before Pavillions site development.
I detect a bit of bouncing there a la Toddy... probably on the lines of give us a lot more permission in the park, or we'll just hang on the other far larger investment, which is one thing I think they may do anyway. I hope the Council are not going to be led down a garden path on all this. plymouth has long history of getting big projects hopelessly wrong, with only the Theatre Royal haveing been a success.

The Theatre Royal would have been a bigger success if it were never scaled back.

The new ice rink must be built before he can pull down the old one, do not forget the wise Council have given him £2,000,000 to build the new rink. The one thing not mention is he has pencil in a cinema, better it was to be built by the Pavilion then at home park.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Yep, I read it as the icerink is the key to unlock the riches the Pavilions site will bring. The grandstand is only part of the fast tracking of the HHP plan to get cracking in town.

Undoubtably Brenty and his team have developed a good relationship with the council, but maybe in these austere times he's the only viable option to get things moving in the city.

Nothing I see convinces me of any deep comittment to PAFC. I shall have to trust in his integrity and morality to do the right thing by the club.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Undoubtedly Brenty and his team have developed a good relationship with the council, but maybe in these austere times he's the only viable option to get things moving in the city. quote

Harry has been working behind the scene for many years to developed the Pavilion site; do not forget he was Plymouth Development Chairman for a couple of years working with the Council Officer and Councillors and must have know what the Council wanted out of the development of the Pavilion area, When Home Park was brought to his attention by the Council the jigsaw £££££££ fell into place.

Harry has sweet talk the Argyle faithful and now he is working on the rest of Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:

Not any more Mike. I used to drink a fair bit too, but after seeing what it does to some people, no names Mike, I've practically knocked that on the head too.

So the fact this "could" happen in 2013 according to Mr Presidents twatter is this weeks good news, or big news from within club? feck knows what sort of shit will be dragged up in a slow news week then.

Thinking about it though, the good news would have been the opening of the playground in Block 17, which the President is just all over. I think he might pop with excitement. It's right up there with winning promotion to the Championship Very Happy
iam gona move over to the stand when it happens and go all corprate,i like getting pissed up in that kinda enviroment,iam realy looking forward to it,and i dont want to go into life coaching mode(bad habbit of mine)BUT,,,life short,atleast try and keep your drinking levles up jock,dont settle in to middle age with out a fight,
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I was at Senior Greens today where Mr Brent spoke about the plans. The new stand will take 14 months to complete. Other development will be a ice rink (1400 seats), cinema, hotel, 2 food outlets and some retail outlets connected to sport and leisure (e.g. a cycle shop). There is a possibillity that the Raiders could share the ice rink (talks are ongoing). Definitely no supermarket or student accommodation which I was delighted to hear.

Re the other 2 'hot' issues - no results yet on the pasty poll, but the buses are back, though not free. There are 8 routes, the charge from Ivybridge station is £4 return, Wembury £3.50 return and the city ones will be cheaper. Bus passes will be valid for these trips. Well done to Plymouth supporters branch for arranging this - a good deal, especially as it seems that eventually there will be a charge for the council car parks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Tgwu wrote:

The Theatre Royal would have been a bigger success if it were never scaled back.

The new ice rink must be built before he can pull down the old one, do not forget the wise Council have given him £2,000,000 to build the new rink. The one thing not mention is he has pencil in a cinema, better it was to be built by the Pavilion then at home park.
I agree the theatre was too small for what should have been. It did get the dubious award from a concrtete company for best design ...ie: most concrete used. I avoided it like the plague for a couple of years, due to it being chosen over the Palace, that is still being held to ransom all these years later.
But I was won over by the artistic side of the theatre, knew a lot of people working there, and have become a firm favourite.

And yes, I'm darn sure brent would like to push and push for certain facilities to go in the Park rather than in the city. Well, I hope this town isn't going to become a Padstein and allow ex banker Brentmouth dictate what goes where.
Of course, he doesn't live in the city, does he ? and just pops in to do his business and watch a bit of football once in a while over the last 12 months. Of course he'd like ALL these leisure facilities in the park, and before you know it, it would be a Warner village type thing.......it's a park, not scrubland in Coxside or Milbay. Develop land where there's a need to develop it, not concrete over a park. I'm sure the South Hams bunch would much prefer to ride their horseless carriages into the Park for a cinematic experience, rather than go down to Milbay, but this city is for it's residents, not a couple of hours entertainment for a few retired office managers.

Last edited by Penz on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:50 pm

I saw Sister Act the other day.

It was meh.

Full of middle aged wimmin. I bought the other half ice cream.

I was drunk.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

It was meh.

I was drunk.

My nan enjoyed it too Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

It was meh.

I was drunk.

It won't last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Penz wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

I agree the theatre was too small for what should have been. It did get the dubious award from a concrtete company for best design ...ie: most concrete used. I avoided it like the plague for a couple of years, due to it being chosen over the Palace, that is still being held to ransom all these years later.
But I was won over by the artistic side of the theatre, knew a lot of people working there, and have become a firm favourite.

And yes, I'm darn sure brent would like to push and push for certain facilities to go in the Park rather than in the city. Well, I hope this town isn't going to become a Padstein and allow ex banker Brentmouth dictate what goes where.
Of course, he doesn't live in the city, does he ? and just pops in to do his business and watch a bit of football once in a while over the last 12 months. Of course he'd like ALL these leisure facilities in the park, and before you know it, it would be a Warner village type thing.......it's a park, not scrubland in Coxside or Milbay. Develop land where there's a need to develop it, not concrete over a park. I'm sure the South Hams bunch would much prefer to ride their horseless carriages into the Park for a cinematic experience, rather than go down to Milbay, but this city is for it's residents, not a couple of hours entertainment for a few retired office managers.
Developers dont like developing on scrubland especially inner city scrubland.Which explains why the city centre is like it is with many vacant sites.They like open land,green spaces,not Millbay Docks or Coxside.Although where all these things are going to be built at Central Park is something else, it wont all fit into the higher home park car park space,and talking of car park space,where will cars be parked when all this is up and running.Cottage field will be gone thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:56 pm

oddball wrote:
Penz wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Developers dont like developing on scrubland especially inner city scrubland.Which explains why the city centre is like it is with many vacant sites.They like open land,green spaces,not Millbay Docks or Coxside.Although where all these things are going to be built at Central Park is something else, it wont all fit into the higher home park car park space,and talking of car park space,where will cars be parked when all this is up and running.Cottage field will be gone thats for sure.

The cinema will be on cottage field, a car park to be built under the ice rink and the old Home Park spoils from the first development will be remove and the bill will be payed by us the rate payers, £2,000.000

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 pm

I know the history, but Cottage Field not neccessarily Oddball.....
It's long been accepted a hotel was going somewhere up there, and even some sort of added further'sports' space, but to put a cinema there as well would be little different to the Todd fairytale, minus the student housing. i really don't think any Council would be brave or foolish enough to go over the top in their accomodtion for development.
i'm sure the non resident Corbett sees the park as THE entertainment hub for the city, but there are many lobbies and interests that don't, not least existing businesses.
It will be interesting though. Is this country continuing to go down the American model of 'out of town' entertainment hubs, while allowing their old city centres to decay and become 'downtown' no go areas ... there is certainly a possibility it might happen over the next 10 to 20 years ... I would be appalled to see it in Plymouth. These are real macro planning decisions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:53 pm

I don't get musicals. Can't see the attraction of these new ones that can be made out of any film or TV show or even a song!

Mama Mia, a jumbled up mixture of all the Abba hits, We will rock you, ditto, Sister Act, a crap 80's cheesy film, now a crap 80's cheesy film with songs. There's even a Coronation St musical now.

Musicals used to be specifically written as musicals, but now the non talented members of Queen and the non talented Ben Elton have just got out a greatest hits of Queen album and after taking acid, decided that there is a link to all these songs made decades apart, that adds up to a story about keeping rock real!

Yeah, the er link was Freddie Mercury though, and although Brian May can still play guitar well, it's not really enough to justify sticking Flash into the musical, when it is about a totally different Film. Stick it in anyway, it's got a dramatic bit the audience will love.

Anyway everyone else is at it and making a fortune out of it so I've decided to write Jock the Musical. It starts like this:

Jock is an angry young man,

It goes on for a while but Jock tries to mellow and just can't stand fuckwits,

As Jock gets to middle age and has almost totally given up being angry, he gets cut up by some asshole:

Already incandescent with rage, Jock finds out it was a car full of his relatives that had cut him up:

That is it now for Jock, he totally loses it and turns into the angriest man alive:

THE END

Let me know what you think.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Noise About The Mayflower   More Noise About The Mayflower Empty

Back to top Go down

More Noise About The Mayflower
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next