Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We have the budget,we can rebuild it......

Go down 
+4
happyvictor
mouldyoldgoat
Grovehill
Greenskin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... Empty
PostSubject: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hopefully some action resulting from the adequate budget will soon translate into signing some adequate players.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Slap on the wrist for CF, and perhaps the start of the end of a beautiful relationship?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Sounds like a mild rebuke from the boss. Maybe CF is in over his head, hasn't got the contacts and so he was getting frustrated and wanted to get his excuse in early.

JB has certainly laid down a bit of a marker now, over to you Carl.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:58 pm

FFS CF cut the crap and show us some new players. NOW!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
happyvictor

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Mr.Brent says we have the budget to do well - as a self confessed man with little, or no, knowledge of football, how can he possibly know, let alone say this?

If nothing else, the fact that Carl is unable to attract the players he knows he requires, as a manager and long standing professional footballer, must surely signify to Mr.Brent that he is totally wrong.

If Mr.Brent maintains his position for too long he (and more importantly we, the hard and long suffering supporters) will learn the hard way - we will lose Carl, have to pay more for a replacement and, even worse, almost certainly suffer an inevitable relegation. Who else is he going to get to take on this management role on this 'nailed on' failure budget?

So, Mr.Brent, is there to be a flourishing professional football club in Plymouth Argyle, or are you really only here to take over this prime Home Park site for your development plans, and sod the team and we supporters.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 pm

happyvictor wrote:
Mr.Brent says we have the budget to do well - as a self confessed man with little, or no, knowledge of football, how can he possibly know, let alone say this?

If nothing else, the fact that Carl is unable to attract the players he knows he requires, as a manager and long standing professional footballer, must surely signify to Mr.Brent that he is totally wrong.

If Mr.Brent maintains his position for too long he (and more importantly we, the hard and long suffering supporters) will learn the hard way - we will lose Carl, have to pay more for a replacement and, even worse, almost certainly suffer an inevitable relegation. Who else is he going to get to take on this management role on this 'nailed on' failure budget?

So, Mr.Brent, is there to be a flourishing professional football club in Plymouth Argyle, or are you really only here to take over this prime Home Park site for your development plans, and sod the team and we supporters.

Maybe Brent listens to morons................ and gives them jobs ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 pm

When do you start?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
When do you start?

cheers lol! cheers lol! cheers lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Interesting comments. I remember the first press comments that shouted "ouch" when Warnock and 666 fell out over Corrazin.

Like this bit Very Happy
Harry Corbett wrote:
Carl's a very shrewd guy and the pot he's asked for is in two parts, to bring in some additional talent now, and secondly he's keeping a bit back to afford to add to the team in the event that he needs to
Sounds awfully like Harry's comments of last season ..... "We only have so many bullets to fire".
They really are baby comments considering this guy has been writing stuff for years for all sorts of investment publications. Perhaps I should go into banking, seems like anybody can make a go of it given the right connections.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
When do you start?

There's life in the old dog yet lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
When do you start?

Bad boy! Very Happy

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:25 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
When do you start?

Bad boy! Very Happy

Boring Boy Sleep

How's your love child with Cerbs going Mouldybloke ? Fed up with playing word games with yourself yet ? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:02 am

Another thread fooked.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 am

Competitive is still kicking about, but adequate has slipped in. What I still fail to understand is how Brenty seems in awe of Fletcher, the "nobodies going to be taken out and shot in we don't get promoted" puzzles me. After much discussion (ha) by the board they voted in favour of the second of Brenty's four options. 1).Buying success 2). An adeqate budget for competing for promotion (already topped up) 3). Budget for mid table consolidation or 4). A budget to fight relegation.

Now to me if option 2 is the one budgeted for, a failure to be in or around the play offs all season represents failure and although I wouldn't take him out and shoot him, Fletcher wouldn't retain my unconditional support (not that he ever had it from me).

Last edited by Charlie Wood on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:37 am

Under Fletcher we had quite a respectable points tally, maybe it's not all that bad?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 am

Disgraceful innit? Tring, who the feck do you think you are, brazenly reacting to people who are, erm, looking for a reaction! :lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 am

I vote for the shooting option. "Any last words Carl ?"

"Well, Erm, Ya know"

"Come on now Carl we haven't got all day, get to the point"

"Erm, Well ya know, erm"

"FIRE"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 am

GOB wrote:
Under Fletcher we had quite a respectable points tally, maybe it's not all that bad?

I don't know if you agree Gob, but from my point of view luck and oodles of John Terry type last ditch defending (fair enough) garnered a lot of those points. I still left HP after the victories shaking my head and wondering "how".
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 am

Tringreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
When do you start?

Bad boy! Very Happy

Boring Boy Sleep

How's your love child with Cerbs going Mouldybloke ? Fed up with playing word games with yourself yet ? lol!

No its alright it helps me sleep. Smile

I can always talk to Lord Aviva. Do you know him?

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
GOB wrote:

I don't know if you agree Gob, but from my point of view luck and oodles of John Terry type last ditch defending (fair enough) garnered a lot of those points. I still left HP after the victories shaking my head and wondering "how".

I do Charlie, that's exactly who I saw things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

I rarely watched the team under Ridsdale, but have to say what I've seen under Fletcher has been pretty dire. The only thing that looked half decent was Purse and Blanchard with Wotton planted in front... not great, but quietly effective against rather poor opposition. Also luck was sort of on our side more than normal
Any player knows performances improve when you've got a backs to the wall mentality. I dread to think what they'll produce when they go back to the pressure being off at the start of the season. At least one REAL midfielder is essential, we haven't got one. Maybe we'll get lucky ... it is part of the game ... who would have thought Norris would have been anything... although even he cost £50000 I think, way above what Harry is willing to pay...ie ... nothing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Disgraceful innit? Tring, who the feck do you think you are, brazenly reacting to people who are, erm, looking for a reaction! :lol!

It is indeed. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
When do you start?

Bad boy! Very Happy

Boring Boy Sleep

No its alright it helps me sleep. Smile

I can always talk to Lord Aviva. Do you know him?

No idea dear boy.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:56 am

Tring, the other thing is the site has nothing to do with me if you are thinking I helped to set it up. My computer skills are expertly honed by watching and/ or asking the kids, who are 10 and 8. I was invited to join and I see it as an addition to the Argyle forums and not as a rival to ATD or a mini pasoti. The fact that pasoti mods have joined, as I have said before, doesn't bother me and I think it may have been a bit of

a) to wind people up on here which it has done along with the pasoti link to the site.
b) to continue the spat between yourself and Cerbs which it is working.
c) To try to divide regular ATD posters into pro Tring and Rickler/ anti Cerbs and GOB or pro Cerbs and GOB/ anti Tring and Rickler camps.
d) the opportunity to have a go at certain people on here without it being on pasoti
e) maybe a chance to voice an opinion about something without it being taken as the 'party line' on pasoti which some posters on here would express as being the case.

This whole spat over the election was unfortunate and as far as I am concerned none of the people concerned came out of it very well. I think the mods / keyholders made mistakes and those mistakes were made with the best intentions, ie to try and calm things down.
Frank spoke of ATDers sending private messages to mods/ admin/ keyholders suggesting ways to sort out and stop what was going on, I was one of them because I was concerned at what was happening and I did not the site shutting down as it did once before over a disagreement between posters. That led to 2 people leaving for a while. Both are back now, but one doesn't post as much these days, which is a shame because I have always felt his posts were very good. I didn't always agree with him but they were always an interesting point of view.

There are a number of members on Argyletalk.net from pasoti,who in my opinion, are there to cause trouble / wind up people on here.

Lord Aviva is someone from ATD who is on there to wind up/ cause trouble to Cerbera. That person is quite obviously someone in the anti Cerbs camp. All I can say is how very 'pasoti' of you! Posters on ATD quite rightly complain of people joining the site to cause this sort of mischief and you, whoever you may be, is doing the same. That strikes me as shameful double standards.

The last paragraph is not aimed at you Tring but is just a comment to ATD as a whole. Let Cerbs and his site evolve in its own way as this site has done.

I feel it’s a shame Cerbs has deleted his account and I hope he will come back sometime, but I think some people will make that difficult.

And after typing out all that I need to rest my forefingers! Sad

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:21 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
1).Buying success 2). An adeqate budget for competing for promotion (already topped up) 3). Budget for mid table consolidation or 4). A budget to fight relegation.

Now this is where massive James comes unstuck for me. Warm words and ambiguity butter no parsnips - or something like that.

There really isn't much difference in any of the 4 options outlined above, but because it's our saviour who's said them, everything must be ok - when, in truth, what he should be saying is that we aim to get out of this league next year (the right way obviously).

We're in League 2, ferfoxache, we don't need to buy success, a decent manager with good contacts in the game, experienced pros with a few talented yougsters should be enough, along with a manager who has a plan B, when things aren't going well.

Someone should tell him to look back a few years and examine what Sturrock did. We spent very little getting out of the bottom two leagues - it can be done with the right bloke in charge - and I'm not advocating a return for Sturrock.

All this smacks of an owner who is obviously very good at running a business but doesn't really understand the workings of a football club - and that doesn't bode well for the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... Empty

Back to top Go down

We have the budget,we can rebuild it......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next