HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ray:A Life Underwater

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Ray:A Life Underwater Empty
PostSubject: Ray:A Life Underwater   Ray:A Life Underwater EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Just came across this and thought others might find it interesting

Quote :
Shot in HD in and around Plymouth Sound, Devon, this charming documentary is an intimate portrait of 75-year-old deep sea diver Ray Ives, who tends his museum of cannon, guns, bottles, swords and salvage from a lifetime of scouring the sea bed for anything which glittered – even gold.

http://vimeo.com/28404579
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ray:A Life Underwater   Ray:A Life Underwater EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Great find that, Dougie. being a camera man myself, I liked the light and the lenses used, and a couple of cracking aerial shots of Plymouth.
Ray's obviously a lady's man, but probably not this lady...

A real lady

another vimeo short from the same Plymouth source and director mainly involving Mama Tokus, erstwhile of the local band Watershed, I beleieve, a long time ago... and I think the 'what's on in Plymouth' contributor to the Sparksy breakfast show.

She is still very much involved in the Plymouth art scene, especially down at the B bar on the Barbican and is yet another example of real talent in the Plymouth area, drowned out by the now ubiquitous piped aboard national corporate nonsense that masquerades as what we want to see
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ray:A Life Underwater   Ray:A Life Underwater EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Really good film. Thanks.

When I was born, my dad was a diver with the helmets and the weighted boots. It was good to see them being used.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray:A Life Underwater   Ray:A Life Underwater EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 pm

A beautiful video
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray:A Life Underwater   Ray:A Life Underwater Empty

Back to top Go down

Ray:A Life Underwater
Page 1 of 1