Mock Cuncher
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE Empty
PostSubject: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:43 pm

I am pleased to announce that ATD will be sponsoring Robbie Williams for the forthcoming season (providing us Mods don't use the donation money for a piss up). For a site that only started just over a year ago it's a tremendous effort. Maybe if we continue with donations through the season we can advertise on a board/ hoarding next season/later in the season. I'm also hoping to stalk David Norris so that Nikkk* can help us with sponsorship next season Laughing

For transparency, I will transfer £660 from the ATD paypal account into my personal account and BACS the money to Argyle (when I receive the invoice). I will keep copies of relevant paperwork. Knecht and Charlie both have access to the paypal account so can check any anomalies.

I'm guessing we will receive the same privileges as pasoti-

Signed and framed shirt
Two tickets at the Sponsors Day at Home Park

Now another decision on how to distribute the above- draw, competition , vote etc.- can suggestions be made?

Also how do we want the site advertised in the programme- the name (Argyle Talk Democratic), or the web address (I think we'd need a shortened version than the forumotion.co.uk one) or something else?

* I know that Nikkk isn't Norris bom
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Well done Mike...always liked Robbie Williams...honest. I'll send you a PM about the domain name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm thinking a raffle the same as pasoti do for the shirts and tickets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Take That, pasoti.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:25 pm

This'll further cement Cobi as an ATDer over a Pasotite...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Smiffy on Robbie Williams re-signing:

Quote :
"Disappointed. We all have our favorites and those less so. His shirt will get my support when it's on the pitch the man will have to earn it. My only hope is in Carl Fletcher.

I trust that in order to gain this contract Williams has agreed to Fletch's on record message about 100% commitment AND the rumoured consequent imposition of regular weight and fitness checks.

I've explained already my feelings about the professional discourtesy of overweight althletes. His commitment will be under review by me too, he sheds the pounds and gives 100%, then I'll support the shirt AND the man.

Until then, I remain distinctly underwhelmed."
Particular Lulz at the "His commitment with be under review by me too".

PMSL
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
This'll further cement Cobi as an ATDer over a Pasotite...

Well...on second thoughts.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Delighted, great effort by everybody Smile And we are sponsoring a real nice Gent who loves playing the game and has a terrific free kick on him.

No attacks on pasoti from me, just a good effort from a site that has only been around a short period.

onwards

(can we have a raffle/draw for the signed shirt? that way I might get it ha)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Was hoping for a war hero statue in honour of the supreme leadership that saved the club, but i suppose sponsering a useless fat bloke is the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 pm

As long as it's his shirt I might have a chance of squeezing into it! Come on Robbie!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Block3Green wrote:

No attacks on pasoti from me,

I never expected one from you. You might not know it yet, but you're the perfect footie establishment seedling. How's that new website going by the way ? You should be on here promoting yourself it.

I was disappointed ATD chose to go down the 'player sponsorship' route, so no money from me, although I do really like the advert in the program thing ... good for ATD and supporters who need to know there is a public forum out there that isn't under a three line club whip. I think the hoarding would have done a better job of that.

The club doesn't need £600 quid to add to it's coffers, as of course we're owned and farmed by a very wealthy owner, but supporters do need to feel connected to the club itself before it is too late, and more jump ship at the ongoing demise all too apparent with what looks likely to be a fourth consequitive pre-season slow start way off the pace. Perhaps Jamesboy doesn't see the need to pay folk in the Summer. Who am I to argue with such a football genius.
I'm a bit concerned certain things are indeed becoming just a little like Pasoti baggo' 2, and if it does, it will disappear. It's the job of local business to be sponsoring players etc, not a bunch of fans on the internet.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:02 pm

A QR code in the advert would appeal to iphone and smart phone contingent.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Smiffy on Robbie Williams re-signing:

Quote :
"Disappointed. We all have our favorites and those less so. His shirt will get my support when it's on the pitch the man will have to earn it. My only hope is in Carl Fletcher.

I trust that in order to gain this contract Williams has agreed to Fletch's on record message about 100% commitment AND the rumoured consequent imposition of regular weight and fitness checks.

I've explained already my feelings about the professional discourtesy of overweight althletes. His commitment will be under review by me too, he sheds the pounds and gives 100%, then I'll support the shirt AND the man.

Until then, I remain distinctly underwhelmed."
Particular Lulz at the "His commitment with be under review by me too".

PMSL

Yep, that's classic Smiffy all right. Very Happy

Kinda makes you wanna get hold of him and just keep on slapping, and slapping, and slapping...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Well done everyone. I've sponsored players on both sites and only too pleased to do so but as Penz alludes to local businesses, I'm disappointed that there isn't more from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:42 pm

I feel the same way as penz on a lot of his post, but would have to say that although I would prefer an advertising board over player sponsorship, it does show how much ATD has grown in the last year to be able to raise the money in such a short space of time and without any aggressive bucket rattling as it were.

This site has many new members, with differing opinions now, and quite a few who use ATD and Pasoti still.

I know some people are worried about this place turning into a Pasoti clone, but it isn't at the moment. It's got its own personality and identity and certainly more characters than Pasoti. It could be more radical I guess, and when the chips are down it does get more so. Right now it's pre season and traffic is lighter, news more scarce and only the lack of signings to moan about, unless Robbie Williams diet counts, and even that is a talking point over the road as well.

Once the season starts and no new faces have arrived, we're rooted at the foot of the table and playing in mushy pea green, then that's when this site comes into it's own more.

Right now I find it interesting and fun, but will put my twopenneth worth in when I feel the need to speak out. I'm not bothered about this place losing it's edge at the moment, because there are enough members to start laying the boot in when there is bad news concerning the club, and of course there will be soon enough.

Am I doing cartwheels because we've sponsored Robbie Williams? Not at all, but if he reads ATD he's probably not either, in fact I can pretty much guarantee he isn't whether he reads this site or not, but am I proud to be sponsoring a player? Yeah I think I am actually.

Fuckin Avivas eh?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 pm

For me, there's no real deep and meaningful story to ATD's path concerning this sponsorship.

And there's certainly no imminent danger of this place becoming 'Pasotified'. Not with the Moderation team, Keyholders, and cantankerous bunch of freaks and wierdo's that infest this site.

I do find the whole scenario of us sponsoring him rather amusing, mind. jocolor
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

We could always use Robbie's shirt as our own flag to rival pasta verde's!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:46 am

Czarcasm wrote:
For me, there's no real deep and meaningful story to ATD's path concerning this sponsorship.

And there's certainly no imminent danger of this place becoming 'Pasotified'. Not with the Moderation team, Keyholders, and cantankerous bunch of freaks and wierdo's that infest this site.

I do find the whole scenario of us sponsoring him rather amusing, mind. jocolor

What is even more puzzling to me is why I donated affraid
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 am

Tringreen wrote:

Because at heart...

You're an 'Aviva'!

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:24 am

the truth will out!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 am

seadog wrote:
the truth will out!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Avivas thought this was good publicity, when Naaaaaaaarich, who are actually sponsored by Aviva, clearly must have declined the offer jocolor lol!

And then............when we've pi$$ed off the best manager we've had for decades............ the comments following the 'f8ck off Holloway' Avivafest, are further proof that Aviva got it spot on.
We appear to have a monopoly on morons and now they've been given silly hats and are running the club.

As they used to say on the farm to anyone who questioned Stapleton's leadership, 'Trust in Stapes..................and....You couldn't make it up' !

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 am

Keepitgreen wrote:
Well done everyone. I've sponsored players on both sites and only too pleased to do so but as Penz alludes to local businesses, I'm disappointed that there isn't more from them.

once bitten..

seriously, well done on the prog advert, it should increase interest, players however...

i havent donated yet, so i shouldnt really comment, but i will, once finances* dictate

*read, the missus
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 am

Tringreen wrote:
seadog wrote:
the truth will out!

The Avivas thought this was good publicity, when Naaaaaaaarich, who are actually sponsored by Aviva, clearly must have declined the offer jocolor lol!

And then............when we've pi$$ed off the best manager we've had for decades............ the comments following the 'f8ck off Holloway' Avivafest, are further proof that Aviva got it spot on.
We appear to have a monopoly on morons and now they've been given silly hats and are running the club.

As they used to say on the farm to anyone who questioned Stapleton's leadership, 'Trust in Stapes..................and....You couldn't make it up' !

Fantastic. A visionary. All hail Tring.

albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:26 am

Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Because at heart...

You're an 'Aviva'!

Hahaha

Deep down that feeling of insecurity about your innermost feelings will naturally out. I can see Tringy in Block 3 amongst all the kids of Forza verde, singing his heart out .......... We are black we are green we are mental and obscene......................

Still, back to reality, Ive been happy also to help sponsor players on both sites. The ATD there are a number of rreal benefits besides feeling pride that you can mobilise when you require it. Namely, the advertising in each and every programme will bring ATD to a wider audience; RW is available for personal appearance with the site, I think once a year, you could use that wisely, Ali could find out from Elaine what ALL the benefits are; The sponsors lunch places would be much sought after and appreciated by contributing members as its a good day out and some lucky people will have really good momentoes of their day/season.

Im not sure why by sponsoring you inevitably become like Pasoti, only the act itself could be deemed similar, what you do with it will make you unique. Mind, Ive been telling people since January 14th that the PASB is not in competition with the Trust and see where thats got me Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:27 am

Now it's official, ATD is Aviva lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE   Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE Empty

Back to top Go down

Sponsorship (Finally) - THE BIG ONE
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next