akagreengull
sufferedsince 68
Punchdrunk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! Empty
PostSubject: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roll Up Roll UP

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roll Up Roll UP

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Viva Aviva cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 9:03 pm

laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 pm

If you can bring a pot of paint and a brush. albino
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
laugh laugh
all together now after 3...1 2 3
Janners!! Janners!! In plymouth were all bucket rattling janners laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Id rather take a bullet in my nut than go to one of them shit fests with Dave the apple & Rick the cucumber or what ever they call there F#@King selfs
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 am

RegGreen wrote:
Id rather take a bullet in my nut  than go to one of them shit fests with Dave the apple & Rick the cucumber or what ever they call there F#@King selfs  

Yer not a praaaaaper fan!
Greeeeeeeeeen armeeeeeeeeeeee! geek jocolor Banana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 10:55 am

thats still going on!!!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:28 am

What i can never understand is why the club does not run the Tent Malarky so the profits go to the club,  rather than this bizzare GT setup ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 11:44 am

I can't say I am a fan of the Fan Fests. I went once: got told off by somebody for sitting in their chair and then was told off because I was talking to my friends when Vic 'n' Bob were on. On top of which I'd rather be somewhere that showed the lunchtime game than listen to somebody read out dodgy gags from sickipaedia so it's not for me.

You can't really knock them though: £5 for a pint and a pasty is well inside the going rate and then there's the proximity to the ground and somewhere reasonably comfortable and dry to congregate. It's a bargain really and even if it is the same old same old every week (although only having been once I'm hardly best placed to make that accusation) it fills up each time, just about.

What is worrying is that if the Fan Fest isn't selling out then those who normally fill it up probably aren't going to the match either. (Although some people go to the Fan Fest who have no intention of going to the game...) If those people are too pissed off to go then the tide really has turned against the whole mentality.

Another thought: if the club took it on there is no way it'd be £5 for entry and a pasty and a pint anymore. That'd be far too cheap and would not be generating the cash the club would expect and we know how Brent likes to screw every last drop of profit out of everything - they even collect in the lanyards and programmes so they can be re-used or re-sold if you go Corporate now. How tight is that?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I can't say I am a fan of the Fan Fests. I went once: got told off by somebody for sitting in their chair and then was told off because I was talking to my friends when Vic 'n' Bob were on. On top of which I'd rather be somewhere that showed the lunchtime game than listen to somebody read out dodgy gags from sickipaedia so it's not for me.

You can't really knock them though: £5 for a pint and a pasty is well inside the going rate and then there's the proximity to the ground and somewhere reasonably comfortable and dry to congregate. It's a bargain really and even if it is the same old same old every week (although only having been once I'm hardly best placed to make that accusation) it fills up each time, just about.

What is worrying is that if the Fan Fest isn't selling out then those who normally fill it up probably aren't going to the match either. (Although some people go to the Fan Fest who have no intention of going to the game...) If those people are too pissed off to go then the tide really has turned against the whole mentality.

Another thought: if the club took it on there is no way it'd be £5 for entry and a pasty and a pint anymore. That'd be far too cheap and would not be generating the cash the club would expect and we know how Brent likes to screw every last drop of profit out of everything - they even collect in the lanyards and programmes so they can be re-used or re-sold if you go Corporate now. How tight is that?

true. Another scenerio could be that its suddenly clicked that once you seen one show you've seen every single fan fest ever made and people have finally got bored of repetition and mundane shit.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Stickeeeeeerrrrrrssssss, stiiiiiiiickeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrsss, poor old porkey, got intimidated by a sticker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 12:47 pm

There's only so much banana one can stomach.
I was under the impression the pasties and beer are given for nothing  to  the club/GTs, or close to it as part of some overall corporate sponsorship thing. Maybe wrong, but given it's also a volunteer thing, a free venue ( is it ? LOL ) and all that, there's no need to charge the outside exorbitant present prices, and is in line with some similar type social clubs. It's also been a handy propaganda venue every fortnight for the Brentophiles, so best keep Brent's usual profit motive under wraps to the church goers.
Never been, never likely to, given the sort that frequent it in general zzzzzz, but if they want a pint and old fashioned un pc jokery, that's up to them, it is a football club after all. The land that time forgot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
laugh laugh
Has that man got “greer” on his shirt in recognition of the Australian feminist
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
laugh laugh
Has that man got “greer” on his shirt in recognition of the Australian feminist

No.....a trip to Specsavers might be advisable.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
What i can never understand is why the club does not run the Tent Malarky so the profits go to the club,  rather than this bizzare GT setup ?

I agree... That way we could pay back the 87.5K we owe them.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 1:50 am

Dear James, are you a 'Janner'?.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 am

beesrus wrote:
There's only so much banana one can stomach.
I was under the impression the pasties and beer are given for nothing  to  the club/GTs, or close to it as part of some overall corporate sponsorship thing. Maybe wrong, but given it's also a volunteer thing, a free venue ( is it ? LOL ) and all that, there's no need to charge the outside exorbitant present prices, and is in line with some similar type social clubs. It's also been a handy propaganda venue every fortnight for the Brentophiles, so best keep Brent's usual profit motive under wraps to the church goers.
Never been, never likely to, given the sort that frequent it in general zzzzzz, but if they want a pint and old fashioned un pc jokery, that's up to them, it is a football club after all. The land that time forgot

Gotta keep the village atmosphere alive down ere in these paaarts, we're a local club for local people, we don't want any of them from up the line sticking their noses in our business, Mr Brent is very supportive - eeeeee saved us you know.
Greeeeeeeen armeeeeeee! geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:02 am

I think things like this should be encouraged a bit like promoting Fistral as the surf capital of Britain, no one of any sense goes to Fistral to surf the human soup unless it's double overhead in winter (that thins the feckers out a bit) we all go to the quiter spots. In short you need the Fistrals, Croydes and Fan Fests to make the other gathering places easyier to stomach for the normal people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!
Page 1 of 1