Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roll Up Roll UP


laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3613
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roll Up Roll UP


laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Viva Aviva cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:03 pm

laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 pm

If you can bring a pot of paint and a brush. albino
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1921
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
laugh laugh
all together now after 3...1 2 3
Janners!! Janners!! In plymouth were all bucket rattling janners laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1921
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Id rather take a bullet in my nut than go to one of them shit fests with Dave the apple & Rick the cucumber or what ever they call there F#@King selfs
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 am

RegGreen wrote:
Id rather take a bullet in my nut  than go to one of them shit fests with Dave the apple & Rick the cucumber or what ever they call there F#@King selfs  


Yer not a praaaaaper fan!
Greeeeeeeeeen armeeeeeeeeeeee! geek jocolor Banana
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10187
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:55 am

thats still going on!!!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3613
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:28 am

What i can never understand is why the club does not run the Tent Malarky so the profits go to the club,  rather than this bizzare GT setup ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:44 am

I can't say I am a fan of the Fan Fests. I went once: got told off by somebody for sitting in their chair and then was told off because I was talking to my friends when Vic 'n' Bob were on. On top of which I'd rather be somewhere that showed the lunchtime game than listen to somebody read out dodgy gags from sickipaedia so it's not for me.

You can't really knock them though: £5 for a pint and a pasty is well inside the going rate and then there's the proximity to the ground and somewhere reasonably comfortable and dry to congregate. It's a bargain really and even if it is the same old same old every week (although only having been once I'm hardly best placed to make that accusation) it fills up each time, just about.

What is worrying is that if the Fan Fest isn't selling out then those who normally fill it up probably aren't going to the match either. (Although some people go to the Fan Fest who have no intention of going to the game...) If those people are too pissed off to go then the tide really has turned against the whole mentality.

Another thought: if the club took it on there is no way it'd be £5 for entry and a pasty and a pint anymore. That'd be far too cheap and would not be generating the cash the club would expect and we know how Brent likes to screw every last drop of profit out of everything - they even collect in the lanyards and programmes so they can be re-used or re-sold if you go Corporate now. How tight is that?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10187
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I can't say I am a fan of the Fan Fests. I went once: got told off by somebody for sitting in their chair and then was told off because I was talking to my friends when Vic 'n' Bob were on. On top of which I'd rather be somewhere that showed the lunchtime game than listen to somebody read out dodgy gags from sickipaedia so it's not for me.

You can't really knock them though: £5 for a pint and a pasty is well inside the going rate and then there's the proximity to the ground and somewhere reasonably comfortable and dry to congregate. It's a bargain really and even if it is the same old same old every week (although only having been once I'm hardly best placed to make that accusation) it fills up each time, just about.

What is worrying is that if the Fan Fest isn't selling out then those who normally fill it up probably aren't going to the match either. (Although some people go to the Fan Fest who have no intention of going to the game...) If those people are too pissed off to go then the tide really has turned against the whole mentality.

Another thought: if the club took it on there is no way it'd be £5 for entry and a pasty and a pint anymore. That'd be far too cheap and would not be generating the cash the club would expect and we know how Brent likes to screw every last drop of profit out of everything - they even collect in the lanyards and programmes so they can be re-used or re-sold if you go Corporate now. How tight is that?

true. Another scenerio could be that its suddenly clicked that once you seen one show you've seen every single fan fest ever made and people have finally got bored of repetition and mundane shit.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man
Admin
avatar

Posts : 533
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Stickeeeeeerrrrrrssssss, stiiiiiiiickeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrsss, poor old porkey, got intimidated by a sticker.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1253
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:47 pm

There's only so much banana one can stomach.
I was under the impression the pasties and beer are given for nothing  to  the club/GTs, or close to it as part of some overall corporate sponsorship thing. Maybe wrong, but given it's also a volunteer thing, a free venue ( is it ? LOL ) and all that, there's no need to charge the outside exorbitant present prices, and is in line with some similar type social clubs. It's also been a handy propaganda venue every fortnight for the Brentophiles, so best keep Brent's usual profit motive under wraps to the church goers.
Never been, never likely to, given the sort that frequent it in general zzzzzz, but if they want a pint and old fashioned un pc jokery, that's up to them, it is a football club after all. The land that time forgot
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4035
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
laugh laugh
Has that man got “greer” on his shirt in recognition of the Australian feminist

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 8658
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 78

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
laugh laugh
Has that man got “greer” on his shirt in recognition of the Australian feminist


No.....a trip to Specsavers might be advisable.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4625
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
What i can never understand is why the club does not run the Tent Malarky so the profits go to the club,  rather than this bizzare GT setup ?

I agree... That way we could pay back the 87.5K we owe them.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1353
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:50 am

Dear James, are you a 'Janner'?.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 am

beesrus wrote:
There's only so much banana one can stomach.
I was under the impression the pasties and beer are given for nothing  to  the club/GTs, or close to it as part of some overall corporate sponsorship thing. Maybe wrong, but given it's also a volunteer thing, a free venue ( is it ? LOL ) and all that, there's no need to charge the outside exorbitant present prices, and is in line with some similar type social clubs. It's also been a handy propaganda venue every fortnight for the Brentophiles, so best keep Brent's usual profit motive under wraps to the church goers.
Never been, never likely to, given the sort that frequent it in general zzzzzz, but if they want a pint and old fashioned un pc jokery, that's up to them, it is a football club after all. The land that time forgot

Gotta keep the village atmosphere alive down ere in these paaarts, we're a local club for local people, we don't want any of them from up the line sticking their noses in our business, Mr Brent is very supportive - eeeeee saved us you know.
Greeeeeeeen armeeeeeee! geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 755
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:02 am

I think things like this should be encouraged a bit like promoting Fistral as the surf capital of Britain, no one of any sense goes to Fistral to surf the human soup unless it's double overhead in winter (that thins the feckers out a bit) we all go to the quiter spots. In short you need the Fistrals, Croydes and Fan Fests to make the other gathering places easyier to stomach for the normal people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!   

Back to top Go down
 
The Aviva Fest is finally in decline !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» THE FUTURE OF SNARKFEST OMG
» POLICE have finally admitted Madeleine McCann was abducted four years ago.
» Laffin Assasin has finally made the papers
» Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!!
» Roman Polanski's past catches up with him finally...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: