Tringreen
Greenskin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

New signings not imminent Empty
PostSubject: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 am

According to Fletch in todays Herald;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Don't want to be carpingly critical but am i the only one slightly worried by the tight timescale between the end of July [and even then prospective signings seem to be reliant on players "panicking",which is rather odd for a club with allegedly one of the biggest budgets in the division] and the start of the season? Just thinking about bedding players into the squad as far as pre season training is concerned etc-doesn't seem to especially pro active or well planned.Hope my fears are unfounded,just found it slightly worrying.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:03 am

Fletcher admitted he was making 'a lot of phone calls' about players, but did not expect any more arrivals in the near future.

'Errrrrm.......y'know.......dya wanna errrrm y'know sign for ermmm us ?

Is it any surprise ?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:05 am

What bothers me is the seemingly general acceptance that the players from last season are seen as good enough to produce better results than last season. Flawed reasoning from what I saw last season.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 am

I think that having the likes of Blanch/Wotton/Purse from the start will obviously mean we finish higher.

What worries me is that even on our best form last season we were only ever hitting heights of lower mid-table. An injury or two at the back, a rash Purse tackle or two and we're straight away as shit as Hereford and Dagenham again.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 am

This news will please Freathy lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:05 am

Good job we didn't hold out to sponsor a new signing Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 am

Now where was that Sensiblegreeny post querying my lack of ambition statement?

The only player left come the end of July will be the previously released Luke Daley "Ya know, he knows the club inside out and we don't want the team spirit compromised by any outsiders"

If Fletcher/Brent don't think new signings are a priority, then all of the doom and gloom merchants on here are totally justified.

Meanwhile plans are announced for another big development by James Brent, as PCC have contracted JB to build a feck off great tower, in his own honour, which strikes "KERCHING" every time he meets with a councillor.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 am

Exeter, who have already lost one of their main CM's have 4 out of contract players (who they'd like to keep) but can't afford all of them-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:55 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Exeter, who have already lost one of their main CM's have 4 out of contract players (who they'd like to keep) but can't afford all of them-

I'd take Logan or Duffy.

Both pretty useful at this level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:59 am

Doesn't make you want to rush up to HP and buy a season ticket,does it?..Waiting for panickers at the end of July is a risky strategy for a team with supposedly one of the bigger budgets in this division.You would have thought Fletcher would have wanted his team all nicely bedded down by then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Welcome back Cerbs. I take it you've been lapping up the cricket and too busy to post recently?

Interesting from Tisdale, that many players who have been offered contracts are disappointed with what they have been offered and are holding out for a better deal. I take it he meant players in general and not just Exeter, they must always be disappointed with what they're offered, and if that is the case I wish Fletcher had said something along the same lines instead of suggesting new signings weren't imminent.

If all clubs are tightening their belts then there could be a mad scramble soon and Fletch is going to have to sell the idea of players moving to the area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Haven't been away Jock, but have watched a couple of Somerset T20 matches recently.

I do like T20.

Tisdale has a budget of circa £800k for playing staff this season. That was what he had in BSP and is at least £400k less than last year. We, on the other hand have a budget 'in excess of double that' according to our Chairman.

I think we might see a couple more signings/loans but my gut feeling is Fletcher is going to start with the squad he has and add as required. I also think that JB will not accept mediocrity with that sort of budget and Fletcher could have a squeaky arse come late November if we are not 'performing'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Didn't realise Le Mans was held in Devon scratch

There must be a striker out there looking to resurrect his career willing to drop down to League 2 to try and kick-start his career, or who can't quite do the business in the Championship but would score regularly in League 2.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Didn't realise Le Mans was held in Devon scratch

There must be a striker out there looking to resurrect his career willing to drop down to League 2 to try and kick-start his career, or who can't quite do the business in the Championship but would score regularly in League 2.

Steve MacLean is available Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 pm

How shit must you be?

You've got Steve Maclean.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:55 pm

We should be announcing a signing, this week, who will entertain you and could be back for good, I hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:45 pm

No. 3 then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
We should be announcing a signing, this week, who will entertain you and could be back for good, I hear.

I hope it's Gary Barlow.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Its Mark Owen, who had trials at MUFC, Oldham and Rochdale as a kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Its Mark Owen, who had trials at MUFC, Oldham and Rochdale as a kid.

But due to his monkey like features, pursued a career elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Lack of ambition comments were a different subject jock and not to do with signings. We need to sign a couple that's for sure and the longer it goes on that we don't then the more worrying it becomes even for avivas and people with silly hats.

There is no doubt that wages are going to have to be kept lower in the future and it may take a bit of time for that to sink in for the not so gifted. Argyle by virtue of their attendances will undoubtedly have more of a budget than a lot and hopefully the extra couple of quid a week we can offer will play in our favour eventually. I would much rather it was sooner however.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Every year we seem to have the same thread, nothing changes.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Might not be quite correct as still unconfirmed Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Lack of ambition comments were a different subject jock and not to do with signings. We need to sign a couple that's for sure and the longer it goes on that we don't then the more worrying it becomes even for avivas and people with silly hats.

There is no doubt that wages are going to have to be kept lower in the future and it may take a bit of time for that to sink in for the not so gifted. Argyle by virtue of their attendances will undoubtedly have more of a budget than a lot and hopefully the extra couple of quid a week we can offer will play in our favour eventually. I would much rather it was sooner however.

But my lack of ambition comments were because of James Brent saying we were a selling club in an interview, and the lack of any signings. The 20k capacity was also mentioned because I would have thought it was cheaper to make it 25k now thsn if needed in the future.

Just saying like Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

But my lack of ambition comments were because of James Brent saying we were a selling club in an interview, and the lack of any signings. The 20k capacity was also mentioned because I would have thought it was cheaper to make it 25k now thsn if needed in the future.

Just saying like Very Happy

Cheaper for the owner to leave it because it may be that in future the club will have to pay for the additional capacity. He only has to pay for the grand-stand now......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New signings not imminent   New signings not imminent Empty

Back to top Go down

New signings not imminent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next