Mock Cuncher
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 pm

If the UN weapons inspectors can prove beyond reasonable doubt that Assads mob have deployed chemical weapons, then that will weaken Russia's legitimacy of support massively.

If a casual acquaintance of yours pushes a glass in to someone's face in a pub, then looks to you for support as he takes a beating, he shouldn't be surprised when the backup ain't forthcoming.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Stay out.

We have our own people committing suicide on a daily basis and nobody cares.  I walked through town earlier tonight at my own risk, full of people with nothing to lose.  This from the 6th? richest nation.

People die everywhere, often needlessly, we can't help them all.  Especially at a time when immoral rich people are creaming the wealth and the poor are expected to feed those doing so.

My war is here, in UK!

This.

Cameron saw this as an opportunity to deflect the country away from the economic and social mess he and Osborne are creating - doing a Maggie, if you will.

Fortunately, people saw through it this time. Leave it to the Yanks and the French (although they'll probably retreat before going in)

Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:26 pm

The Syrian rebels are just as bad as the government forces. The enemy of my Enemy doesnt mean they are your friends Cameron, you only have to read about the horrors they have done to supporters of the Syrian leader i certainly don't want them armed by my taxes and supported by my countries armed forces that's bare bones as it is and cant afford another war so soon after the last two.

UN Peacekeepers should be deployed to stop the fighting much like in Bosnia. Lets not send in the clowns (usa) as that will only trigger world war 3.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Angry wrote:

UN Peacekeepers should be deployed to stop the fighting much like in Bosnia.
What, cos they did such a slap up job in Srebrenica?

The clue is in the name, "UN Peacekeepers", you have to have a peace to keep.

The UN couldn't stop a bitch slapping contest between Newell and Tring.
Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:13 am

lol! 
Unleash the dogs of war!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If the UN weapons inspectors can prove beyond reasonable doubt that Assads mob have deployed chemical weapons, then that will weaken Russia's legitimacy of support massively.

If a casual acquaintance of yours pushes a glass in to someone's face in a pub, then looks to you for support as he takes a beating, he shouldn't be surprised when the backup ain't forthcoming.
There are reports that it was the rebels who launched this chemical attack.

August 30, 2013  

The story is from journalist Dale Gavlak who has written articles for the Associated Press, NPR and BBC. He is a Middle Eastern journalist, his articles also appear on the Mint Press News, which is affiliated with AP.

In a report that is sure to be considered blockbuster news, the rebels told Gavlak, they are responsible for the chemical attack last week.

This news should deflate the accusations, against the Assad regime, coming from the U.S., Britain, and France as well as the Arab League.

Since the chemical attacks last week, the Assad government was immediately blamed. On Monday, Secretary of State John Kerry said: That Assad’s guilt was “a judgment already clear to the world," according to theguardian.com.

As a result of Assad's government being blamed for the chemical attacks, five U.S. warships are now stationed off Syria's coast. These destroyers are poised to deliver cruise missiles in a strike that is due to begin any time now. According to the report on Mint Press there have been several interviews conducted with people in Damascus and Ghouta, a suburb of the Syrian capital.

The interviews conducted of residents, rebels and their families in Damascus and Ghouta are painting a different picture of what actually happened. Many believe that rebels received chemical weapons provided through the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan. It's being reported that these weapons are responsible for last week's gas attack.

The father of a rebel who was killed in what's now being called an accident by many in Ghouta and Damascus said: "My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” said Abu Abdel-Moneim. The father said at least 12 rebels including his son were killed by the chemical weapons.

Allegedly they were killed in the tunnel that was used to store the chemicals. These were provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha. He is said to be leading a fighting battalion in the effort to unseat Assad. The weapon was described as a "tube-like structure" by Abdel-Moneim.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The only reason that i can see  them doing this is to get the West involved in one way or another.

So now we have Obama going to Congress to seek its support in striking at Syria.

The BBC believe he will get the nod,as do a few Americans,even though many over there are not keen on another Middle-Eastern adventure.

A yes vote from Congress would be damaging for Obama at home and damaging on a more wider global scale [outside and away from the conflict].

A no vote from Congress would be damaging to Obama and the USA in general,as they would be seen as weak and inconsistent,especially when he and they have said that action must be forthcoming against the Assad regime.

So now we all have to wait until September 9th and beyond to see what the outcome will finally be.

The BBC state today that the decision of yesterday enhances Assad's standing greatly,as he will see it as a victory.

Cameron will no doubt see this as a rescue for him.

The Sunday Times are reporting that British Special Forces are in Syria now and are mapping out possible targets and monitoring Syrian army mobile units [chemical weapons units].
Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:58 pm

The trouble with all this cynicism, double-dealing, hypocrisy, media maipulation and cant is that (apart from making me want to puke) it makes me want to move to a quiet little Cornish village and leave it only for essentials. And that's just what has gone on at Argyle recently! If you add in all this sort of crap on what do any of us mere mortals base any kind of rational judgements?

I dunno - maybe we should just all love one another. flower 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:06 pm

Got where I have given up,  just ignore it all and follow the results on the radio or telly.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

[u][i]August 30, 2013  

The story is from journalist Dale Gavlak who has written articles for the Associated Press, NPR and BBC. He is a Middle Eastern journalist, [chemical weapons units].
Yeah, cos I always put extra faith in articles when they don't even know what sex the journalist is.

Dale Gavlak is a woman and did not get this 'information' directly herself from the alleged source, she is based in Jordan not Syria and there is no basis at all for portraying her as an informed source.

Having said that she is as likely to be right as anyone else, everybody in the region lies for a pastime so sorting the wheat from the chaff is next to impossible for the professional "intelligence gathering community" let alone depending on what some mujahadeen nutbag might have said to some student who subsequently relayed the story to some hack.

Doubt is the issue, there can be no certainty so military strikes in the mode of Dr.Strangelove really should not be on the agenda, Cameron is a fooking moron, Obama is only a slightly brighter operator and Hollande is a union rep who fell lucky, you boys should know how dangerous that can be.

Would you want to send them three out with your money to play poker agin Putin?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:16 pm

In a previous life so to speak I visited Syria regularly and Assad's father was a much more demonic figure than his son. In 1982 he ordered his troops into the city of Hama to quell an uprising of the muslim brotherhood. Estimates of up to 35,000 soldiers and civilians were killed or slaughtered. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hama_massacre).
The atrocity was barely covered in the west and we (The west) did nothing or conveniently chose to ignore it. I mention this just to highlight what an evil regime the Syrian government is but we need to learn from history that there is no quick fix to these problems regardless of how horrific we think they are.
With regard to the current indisputable evidence is this from a similar source to that provided by Bliar to justify the invasion of Iraq.
As I said we must learn from history and for once I think Parliament has got it about right.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Apparently,the BBC have admitted that some of their Syrian footage is fraudulent. .

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

[u][i]August 30, 2013  

The story is from journalist Dale Gavlak who has written articles for the Associated Press, NPR and BBC. He is a Middle Eastern journalist, [chemical weapons units].
Yeah, cos I always put extra faith in articles when they don't even know what sex the journalist is.

Dale Gavlak is a woman and did not get this 'information' directly herself from the alleged source, she is based in Jordan not Syria and there is no basis at all for portraying her as an informed source.

Having said that she is as likely to be right as anyone else, everybody in the region lies for a pastime so sorting the wheat from the chaff is next to impossible for the professional "intelligence gathering community" let alone depending on what some mujahadeen nutbag might have said to some student who subsequently relayed the story to some hack.

Doubt is the issue, there can be no certainty so military strikes in the mode of Dr.Strangelove really should not be on the agenda, Cameron is a fooking moron, Obama is only a slightly brighter operator and Hollande is a union rep who fell lucky, you boys should know how dangerous that can be.

Would you want to send them three out with your money to play poker agin Putin?

I came across the article by chance and it was originally posted by an American,they are debating the Syrian crisis in great detail it seems.

I had know idea who Dale Gavlak was. Thanks for pointing out the error that the original American poster made.

There has been much said regarding the rebels and if they did indeed launch the chemical attacks or not.

That will no doubt continue,as accusations carry on being thrown around as to who has (or has not) committed what 'alleged' atrocities in Syria.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:34 am

Depending who you believe it's possible the Saudis supplied the rebels with ammos they couldn't handle.

As we used to sing from the terraces 'Its all gone quiet over there'

I agree with an earlier post it has the potential for WW3.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:04 am

it has gone quiet infact very quiet, hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm wonder what the CIA is planning ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 am

If obama (and cameron - as this vile slimy tory blair wannabe slug is bound to go back to parliament for another vote) strike against Syria and it transpires the 'rebels' or their many jihadist allies were responsible for using chemical weapons then both obama and cameron should be tried for war crimes and mass murder.
Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:58 am

Bomb the bastards I say, who wants the proles to be poking their noses into the fact that 2.4 out of 2.6m million disabled people are being forced off benefits into jobs they are unable to do and not even there, who wants to bother themselves that at the same time some £40 billion in tax is avoided by big business annually in the UK, my missus has had two pay rises of half a percent in seven years in her job yet in that time our utility bills have probably doubled. Who wants to bother with the fact that Vodafone who sold up recently won't be paying a single penny in tax on the £84 billion sale? Who is really interested that our economy has had billions upon billions of pounds stolen from it by the bankers and their Tory mates that we now have to repay for them, HHP anybody?
Nothing like a good firework show to keep the sheep occupied.
Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 am

Iggy wrote:
Bomb the bastards I say, who wants the proles to be poking their noses into the fact that 2.4 out of 2.6m million disabled people are being forced off benefits into jobs they are unable to do and not even there, who wants to bother themselves that at the same time some £40 billion in tax is avoided by big business annually in the UK, my missus has had two pay rises of half a percent in seven years in her job yet in that time our utility bills have probably doubled. Who wants to bother with the fact that Vodafone who sold up recently won't be paying a single penny in tax on the £84 billion sale? Who is really interested that our economy has had billions upon billions of pounds stolen from it by the bankers and their Tory mates that we now have to repay for them, HHP anybody?
Nothing like a good firework show to keep the sheep occupied.
Nonsense. We're all in it together.

jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Some, closer than others.

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:34 pm

are you comin g home for a bit?! affraid 
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Tringreen wrote:

lol! lol! lol! 

Hope you have a steady supply of tin hats, gas masks and Ginsters peppered steak slices to see you throught the impending doom, Tringers.clown 
Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Elias wrote:
cameron got chinned ! excellent. no money for services for the disabled etc but plenty of loot to blow up syria/libya etc at a moments notice!
This ^

This country's infrastructure is crumbling, people are dying on our streets of hunger and homelessness, OAP's can't warm themselves in winter, Roads are crumbling, no jobs, I could go on, but FFS - we seem to have billions put aside to bomb some fractious, two-bit shit-hole that hates the west anyway.

F*ck em. Bring all of our troops home from every conflict around the globe. Put up a wall like the Israeli/west-bank barrier all around the coast of the UK, patrolled by armed gaurds. No more allowed into the UK - only people allowed to leave.

Nuke E*eter, and Cornwall to the lower the population, to sustain food levels.

Yeh - that's what I say.drunken 
Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Tringreen wrote:

My mate ended up living in Cyprus when he was young after his old man had to leave the Lebanon? with just the clothes on their backs late one night after it all kicked off, lost everything. Mind you he managed to make a few million since working for Racal in weapons guidance systems so it was probably some kind of karma.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Cyprus just got warmer !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Cyprus just got warmer !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cheers lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Elias wrote:
cameron got chinned ! excellent. no money for services for the disabled etc but plenty of loot to blow up syria/libya etc at a moments notice!
This ^

This country's infrastructure is crumbling, people are dying on our streets of hunger and homelessness, OAP's can't warm themselves in winter, Roads are crumbling, no jobs, I could go on, but FFS - we seem to have billions put aside to bomb some fractious, two-bit shit-hole that hates the west anyway.

F*ck em. Bring all of our troops home from every conflict around the globe. Put up a wall like the Israeli/west-bank barrier all around the coast of the UK, patrolled by armed gaurds. No more allowed into the UK - only people allowed to leave.

Nuke E*eter, and Cornwall to the lower the population, to sustain food levels.

Yeh - that's what I say.drunken 
that still only comes to half the population of muff, be better to take out the biggest city in the west
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

Syria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria   Syria - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Syria
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next