Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This could be good.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

This could be good..... Empty
PostSubject: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:12 am

Please accept my apologies for creating another "Look at Pasoti" thread, but Smiffy has just set off a bomb.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=55857

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 am

Ha ha, good spot Frank .... yes it should be fun.

While it is irritating, Smiffy and the rest of us unfortunately have to accept that in today's society where favourable opinion making is an everyday corporate must, forums of all types are going to be infiltrated. I contribute to a very popular global camera forum, and there are many paid marketing plants with no scruples whatsoever on that forum from the likes of Panasonic and Canon .. it is well known amongst posters who is who. If you run a forum that is open, then it should be exactly that ...OPEN, and sadly i suppose that means marketing people.
We even have tv series these days 'planted' by supermarkets to counter the environmentalists' message, one of which has that stupid young farmer that the supermarkets sponsor, telling us that shipped in lentils from South America ( note he uses one of the iconic green emblems ... the hippy lentil ) is more destroying of the world's climate than flown in cut and prepared fresh fruit from the West Indies .... pleeeeeeeeease, behave yourselves.

It's pretty obvious to me that the likes of Totnes comie ( note again the disparaging hippy community slagging ) and at least one other new poster on Pasoti are opinion makers from consultants or from the likes of Ridsdale's Fearless salesmen .... anybody would be daft to think it isn't happening on Pasoti... especially at this present time ... they would be neglectful in their job if they weren't posting there. The last time such postings were around was around when Todd's building plans were being finalised. I believe we have one on here actually, but they are quite welcome to post ... their arguments can soon be tested... and after all, they probably need the work.
I guess the dead give away on football forums, and the most insulting, is that they all use the feigned bad spelling and grammar.... Marketing for Dummies ... a bit like putting some onions around your neck when in France. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

What a cracker by Smiffy!

Of course and as always, it depends on what side of the fence you sit on and Smiffy is right in what he says. But, speaking as someone that sat on the other side to Smiffy when it kicked off the last time, I would have accused Smiffy (as a mod) as one of those being force fed and of shutting up others with the use of the "ban tool".

Without a doubt old Ridders has had a few things to say on these supporters sites, I could even come up with a reliable guess as to the name used on pasoti as well as on ATD, but he and anyone else has the right to do that as long as he and anyone else, do not abuse the freedoms that these sites provide. And as Smiffy says, it's been abused before only the last time he was happy for the abuse as it fitted his agenda.

It should be a cracker to follow considering the personalities involved, but I fear Smiffy has just stabbed himself in the back!

It should also be remembered that if the members of this site believe that we are acting unfairly, they can kick us out. The same cannot be said for pasoti where abuse has been handed out by those that wield the stick!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:27 pm

GOB wrote:
What a cracker by Smiffy!

Of course and as always, it depends on what side of the fence you sit on and Smiffy is right in what he says. But, speaking as someone that sat on the other side to Smiffy when it kicked off the last time, I would have accused Smiffy (as a mod) as one of those being force fed and of shutting up others with the use of the "ban tool".

Without a doubt old Ridders has had a few things to say on these supporters sites, I could even come up with a reliable guess as to the name used on pasoti as well as on ATD, but he and anyone else has the right to do that as long as he and anyone else, do not abuse the freedoms that these sites provide. And as Smiffy says, it's been abused before only the last time he was happy for the abuse as it fitted his agenda.

It should be a cracker to follow considering the personalities involved, but I fear Smiffy has just stabbed himself in the back!

It should also be remembered that if the members of this site believe that we are acting unfairly, they can kick us out. The same cannot be said for pasoti where abuse has been handed out by those that wield the stick!

'Only if yer a one trick pony' ! Bye bye Smiffy ? Don't think so, cos Naps isn't sure which side of the fence to position himself yet.

Back in the day, when the Stapleton's clearly held sway with the farm ['they're a lovely family'], there were several posters who could be clearly identified as 'one trick ponies' and dealt with.

How times change but the animal certainly doesn't pig

Which way will Porkie lurch ? Almost certainly towards those who offer him his rightful place at the trough. There's a word for that sort of behaviour but I'm too polite to utter it
Embarassed Rhymes with 'boar' unsurprisingly.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:30 pm

I love the opening gambit,

"Bear with me"

I see totnes commy has not taken the bait.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Was it Rupert Lowe who hired a PR team to (unsuccessfully) boost his profile on Saints websites?

Cockney Green was an unprofessional tool as well. 'nice guy though'. lol.

For me, if you don't have Argo internet pedigree of at least 10 years then you'm naat a prappaa fan.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 pm

It certainly appears to be a sad old worlld we live in. If I ever resorted to such unscrupulous behaviour, I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror !

Are there no depths that some people will sink to , in order to get their own way ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:34 pm

An interesting slant to the topic is that if Smiffy and his fellow moderators had taken the opposite corner in their battles of yesterday, we wouldn't be in the position that we are today.

It was a good idea to allow Stapes to purchase Home Park you know! - So they said whilst doing everything in their power to silence those that argued the point, from accusations of racism to being a one trick pony, every excuse was used!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:24 am

GOB wrote:
An interesting slant to the topic is that if Smiffy and his fellow moderators had taken the opposite corner in their battles of yesterday, we wouldn't be in the position that we are today.

It was a good idea to allow Stapes to purchase Home Park you know! - So they said whilst doing everything in their power to silence those that argued the point, from accusations of racism to being a one trick pony, every excuse was used!

Tis true. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I see he hasn't felt the desire to openly comment on here, despite carrying a link to us for a while.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 am

Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:

Tis true. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I see he hasn't felt the desire to openly comment on here, despite carrying a link to us for a while.

And for the same reason he hasn't answered here: http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=55641

He simply doesn't have the stomach in him. He couldn't handle this site.

I have had a few personal dealings with him. Smiffy is the worst of the worst.

A punk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 am

Ricks how about you edit that post, one of the things about this site is that we rise above the personal name calling that goes beyond the personal agendas and banter.

I happen to agree with most of Smiffy's views these days but I'm aware that he'll change with the tide if the general view point is against him and that makes him difficult to take seriously. It's a pity because he's obviously a clever guy with his finger on the button.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This could be good.....   This could be good..... Empty

Back to top Go down

This could be good.....
Page 1 of 1