GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID

Go down 
+2
Grovehill
pepsipete
6 posters
AuthorMessage

GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID Empty
PostSubject: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm

He deserves it.

Well done the FA for that.

Presented on ITV before before FA Cup draw.

Merv Plummer Very Happy

Last edited by pafcineurope on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

A nice gesture towards an honourable man who deserved better from our club, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: GOOD ON THE FA......   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Right on Andy.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Good Guy but could not manage in our situation
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Just waiting for Brent to say that the cost of the medal will be deducted from the money still owed to Reidy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: GOOD ON THE FA.....   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:19 pm

PP

I guess you're right, but he is a real gentleman/man of honour. Not many of us left these days!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:28 pm

He said it was only a loser's medal so didn't want it anyway Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:16 pm

He's got a winners' medal too, but it's good to see this gesture. An honourable man who was treated absolutely appallingly. In my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: GOOD ON THE FA....   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Freathy,

I thought he said it was a losers medal, not a runners up. He seemed pleased to accept it anyway.
However/whatever still thought it was a good thing to do.
I won't bite on your negativity.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 pm

He's all over itv these days.

Top bloke
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm

I thought there had been a collection to buy his medal back? Have I missed something?

The biggest achievement Reid had whilst he was here was to put a team on the pitch at all at the end.

I don't think anybody could have managed us successfully over the time that he was here. The miracle is that he didn't just up and walk away.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:34 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I thought there had been a collection to buy his medal back? Have I missed something?

The biggest achievement Reid had whilst he was here was to put a team on the pitch at all at the end.

I don't think anybody could have managed us successfully over the time that he was here. The miracle is that he didn't just up and walk away.

It was presented on Sky. A very nice pen and a framed shirt with a message of thanks.

I agree with some of the sentiments above. It was impossible to judge Peter Reid's tenure. For most of it he was dealing with a group of players who weren't being paid and could walk out at any minute. Within 4 weeks of being sacked we were taken over...

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 am

I thought the pen was a joke about having to sign on!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Not good news for the bloke who bought the original, it's market value was based on it being unique, it now isn't.

Just saying like, Reidy deserves it, t'was a gracious and noble gesture from him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID   GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID Empty

Back to top Go down

GOOD ON THE FA - REPLICA/REPLACEMENT MEDAL FOR PETER REID
Page 1 of 1