Charlie Wood
downthetrack
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. Empty
PostSubject: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Would like to see West Ham take a nice lead back to the Boleyn.But with the play off anything can happen.As i know all to well,being a part time Forest fan.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Are the parachute payments making themselves felt...all three relegated teams in the play offs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm

I fancy Holloway to do the business again in the Play Offs.
West Ham should have pissed the Championship this season with the quality of squad they have and a hangover by not securing automatic is my prediction.
BIG Sam will miss out on his £1Mill promotion bonus, that guy certainly has a high opinion of himself, a legend in his own dour brain cell jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:02 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
I fancy Holloway to do the business again in the Play Offs.
West Ham should have pissed the Championship this season with the quality of squad they have and a hangover by not securing automatic is my prediction.
BIG Sam will miss out on his £1Mill promotion bonus, that guy certainly has a high opinion of himself, a legend in his own dour brain cell jocolor

I too fancy Blackpool to do it again this season Wink

Now, that Cardiff are out, will we get our share of the parachute payment, as a league 1, or league 2 club? As it could be the difference between us winning the League 2 title, or only an auto promotion finish, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, There goes another pair of trousers lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:42 am

Cardiff miss out again! How many seasons on the bounce have they been in the Championship playoffs now?

I'd love to see Ollie take Blackpool up again. They just need to hold Birmingham tomorrow then it's all down to one match. All the experts and pundits will be thinking the final is a mere formality for Big Sam and West Ham. Come on Ollie!!!!!

Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:12 pm

How much longer can Cardiff keep throwing money at a promotion challenge?
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:18 pm

swampy wrote:

It will all end in tears, again, for them, another Portsmouth in the waiting Rolling Eyes

I can see all 3 relegated clubs this season pushing for promotion next season, together with the 2 that fail via the play off's, can't see them finishing in th etop 6 again next season, thenthe slippery slope will begin in Earnest, were ever Earnest may be? lol!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm sure it will end in tears. Not sure that Blackburn, Wolves or Bolton will be mounting a serious challenge next year but QPR quite probably if they are one to go down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
swampy wrote:

It will all end in tears, again, for them, another Portsmouth in the waiting Rolling Eyes

I can see all 3 relegated clubs this season pushing for promotion next season, together with the 2 that fail via the play off's, can't see them finishing in th etop 6 again next season, thenthe slippery slope will begin in Earnest, were ever Earnest may be? lol!

How aren't Cardiff another Pompey already? They were about £30m in debt about 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Iggy wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
swampy wrote:

How aren't Cardiff another Pompey already? They were about £30m in debt about 5 years ago.

They have rich new owners havent they.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:56 pm

I fancy and hope its West Ham, Holloway is so far up his own ass its unbelievable, good manager, talks aload of shit. The latest being the whinge about the play-off final clashing with the champions league final. So What!
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:25 am

swampy wrote:

Better ask Tringy he always always harping on about how that was a model approach Argyle should have aspired too.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:21 am

gasser9 wrote:
swampy wrote:

Better ask Tringy he always always harping on about how that was a model approach Argyle should have aspired too.

I don't exactly remember us throwing pots of money we didn't have at the team when we were riding high in the Championship. Sturrock, Bobby Willamson and Ollie built up a fantastic team between them on relatively little and if it wasn't for *****wallet seeing Ollie's best players merely as assets to be sold off at the earliest opportunity and cheaply to make a fast buck we'd have had a season or two in the big time. All it takes is a bit of ambition and vision to push on backed up with some targeted investment in the playing side and less of the same old Argo selling decent players at a 'plymouth price' and replacing them with any old inferior quality. That model doesn't work either does it. Unless of course your one of the Let's Keep Argyle Crap brigade.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:26 am

gasser9 wrote:
swampy wrote:

Bullshit.Open your eyes and ears,read more carefully and you may learn something about the Argyle syndrome which has held the club back and has seen exactly the same scenario take place once a decade over a period of at least 50 years.

On the other hand,you may not.Freathy's post above would be good start for your education.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:56 am

I was at the game at The Boleyn on Monday. Cracking atmosphere, although looking at West Ham Online some of their fans didn't think it was that good. Grumpy feckers football fans. My brother (and most of my family on my dad's side) is West Ham and due to my current location of Chingford I go to see the Hammers a few times each season (and the O's). I'll be going to Wembley also which should be a right laugh. Clearly I'll need an Argyle fix soon to wash off the smell of jellied eels.

Here's the cheeky cockneys giving it loads. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:33 am

Greenskin wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
swampy wrote:

Bullshit.Open your eyes and ears,read more carefully and you may learn something about the Argyle syndrome which has held the club back and has seen exactly the same scenario take place once a decade over a period of at least 50 years.

On the other hand,you may not.Freathy's post above would be good start for your education.

I read Freathy's post thanks.
The question was how long can Cardiff keep throwing money at a promotion challenge.

I mentioned Tringy because in previous posts he believed that Cardiff showed ambition and we didn't and there's was a model that we should aspire too. I think the last I read Cardiff owed something like 50 million pounds so when the question was asked tongue in cheek I suggested that ask Tringy. Who knows Cardiff may have more benefactors than you can shake a stick at.

Anyway I appreciate you pointing out the error of my ways and I will really try and rid myself of the "Argyle Syndrome"
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Iggy wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
swampy wrote:

Because they have yet to enter administration? Unless of course I missed it? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:26 pm

swampy wrote:
I'm sure it will end in tears. Not sure that Blackburn, Wolves or Bolton will be mounting a serious challenge next year but QPR quite probably if they are one to go down.

They said the same about Blackpool & Birmingham this year affraid

Wolves are a yo yo club, they will be up there rest assured. Blackburn & Bolton will both be pushing for promotion too, as will QPR if they fall victim to relegation in place of Bolton. Who the hell else is left in the CCC all the rest, apart from possibly Middlesbrough, Leeds & Leicester are also rans, hence why I see Blackpool being strong contenders again next year should they fail this, as would West Ham, I also see Birmingham being right up there again, in fact put some hard earned on Birmingham for auto, should they fail this year <taps nose>

So in short

Wolves
Blackburn
1 of Bolton/QPR
2 of West Ham/Blackpool/Birmingham
Leeds
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Charlton
Sheff Wed

all to finish above Cardiff next season <taps nose>
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:45 pm

SG,see you left Forest out of that list,they will be there
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:49 pm

downthetrack wrote:
SG,see you left Forest out of that list,they will be there

They've had a good end to this season, they may well be up there too, but they do need to strengthen to mount a serious challenge, mid table is probably the best they can hope for right now Wink
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Cohen will be back for the start of next season.Forest have missed him big time.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Looks like Cardiff maybe either scrapping a barrel to keep themselves afloat, or genuinely believe this will help: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wouldn't be very happy about it. Can't stand it when white is too prominent in our home shirts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:47 pm

And once again the absolute myth comes soaring to the fore. All Argyle had to do was invest in a couple of players and the premiership door would have opened. This myth is perpetuated by those that always have a pop about lack of ambition as if it is a proven reality. Sorry to burst the bubble but there is no evidence whatsoever that says Argyle would have been promoted under those circumstances. The truth is "might have been" at best and if you want to put the definately word in there then it only becomes definately might have been which is not the same as would have been.

It is true that Argyle have lacked ambition over the years and have consistently sold off their silver (better players). You cannot however say that they would have been promoted if they didn't. Cardiff are a very good proof in point. They have consistently backed ambition for a number of years now and are still where they were before doing so but a lot of millions short of what they would have had. They now have a benefactor but we haven't and probably never would have. To do it their way and fail would have probably resulted in the same relegations and bankruptcy but owing much more even than we did with nothing to attract anyone to buy us at all. Ergo liquidation rather than administration. Throwing money at ambition is fine if you make it. There is nothing to learn by reading other people's opinion as it is only that, opinion as is mine.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
And once again the absolute myth comes soaring to the fore. All Argyle had to do was invest in a couple of players and the premiership door would have opened. This myth is perpetuated by those that always have a pop about lack of ambition as if it is a proven reality. Sorry to burst the bubble but there is no evidence whatsoever that says Argyle would have been promoted under those circumstances. The truth is "might have been" at best and if you want to put the definately word in there then it only becomes definately might have been which is not the same as would have been.

It is true that Argyle have lacked ambition over the years and have consistently sold off their silver (better players). You cannot however say that they would have been promoted if they didn't. Cardiff are a very good proof in point. They have consistently backed ambition for a number of years now and are still where they were before doing so but a lot of millions short of what they would have had. They now have a benefactor but we haven't and probably never would have. To do it their way and fail would have probably resulted in the same relegations and bankruptcy but owing much more even than we did with nothing to attract anyone to buy us at all. Ergo liquidation rather than administration. Throwing money at ambition is fine if you make it. There is nothing to learn by reading other people's opinion as it is only that, opinion as is mine.

And jolly good for you.Same old stuff really,acceptance of second [and now fourth best] without so much as a smidgen of protest or real desire to see something better down here.Of course there was no guarantee of getting promotion.My objection is that we didn't even really fecking try.Put it this way,if Stapes and co had retained that squad in 2007 and added the proverbial couple of players to give substance to his claims that;

a.We are going to go for it if we're up there at christmas

b.Paul [Sturrock] can keep everyone if he wants to

then i would have forever respected the man and his board,even if the challenge had ended in failure and at seasons end,much of the squad had to be sold off and a rebuilding job undertaken.But they didn't.Just like they didn't in the 1990's,1980's,1970's and 1960's.If you're content to put up with permanent mediocrity and lack of real effort to better the club from those at the top,then thats your look out.Not for me though.It sticks in my craw that yet another batch of clubs of similar and lesser size have overtaken us and will rub their superiority in for years to come.Cue cries of "Coventry and Portsmouth".So lowest common denominatorish and accepting of poor standards.What would be the odds of those clubs still occupying a higher league position with bigger and maybe even further developed fanbases in 5 years time?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

And jolly good for you.Same old stuff really,acceptance of second [and now fourth best] without so much as a smidgen of protest or real desire to see something better down here.Of course there was no guarantee of getting promotion.My objection is that we didn't even really fecking try.Put it this way,if Stapes and co had retained that squad in 2007 and added the proverbial couple of players to give substance to his claims that;

a.We are going to go for it if we're up there at christmas

b.Paul [Sturrock] can keep everyone if he wants to

then i would have forever respected the man and his board,even if the challenge had ended in failure and at seasons end,much of the squad had to be sold off and a rebuilding job undertaken.But they didn't.Just like they didn't in the 1990's,1980's,1970's and 1960's.If you're content to put up with permanent mediocrity and lack of real effort to better the club from those at the top,then thats your look out.Not for me though.It sticks in my craw that yet another batch of clubs of similar and lesser size have overtaken us and will rub their superiority in for years to come.Cue cries of "Coventry and Portsmouth".So lowest common denominatorish and accepting of poor standards.What would be the odds of those clubs still occupying a higher league position with bigger and maybe even further developed fanbases in 5 years time?

Bang on

I ask why is SG and his ilk so against Argyle showing any ambition? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.   Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bluebirds v The Irons .Part one.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next